Mar 20, 2017
theedge9:

Steel City Promotions Presents Steel Cage Showdown IV
Commissioner: Paul Heyman
Ring Announcer: Howard Finkle
Commentary Team: Joey Styles, Gorilla Monsoon and Mauro Ranallo

Opening match: Reality Show Roundup Tournament Finale – Tag Team Stipulation
John Morrison & Johnny Fairplay Vs. Jessie Godderz & Sheldon Jean

Many wrestlers have been on reality tv shows. Many reality tv stars have appeared in wrestling. Tough Enough, The Real World, American Ninja Warrior, to name a few. One of Steel City’s promoters – Johnny Fairplay has sanctioned the Reality Show Roundup to see which reality show has featured the toughest and strongest wrestlers, in a tournament. Over their last 3 PPVs we have seen many wrestlers eliminated. Tonight, we will see the top two enter the ring – John Morrison – the mayor of SlamTown representing Survivor and Jessie Godderz – Mr. Pec-Tacular himself representing Big Brother. Both men won their own brackets, and now will face off in the ring.
As a Survivor alum himself, Fairplay has added the stipulation that the final match will be a TAG TEAM match, which he will be adding himself in as a contender at the most recent PPV. Jessie Godderz’s partner, Sheldon Jean from Big Brother Canada, was assigned by Fairplay. Godderz asked to be paired with another Big Brother alumn, but Fairplay refused, saying rules are rules!
In the actual match, it starts with Morrison and Godderz in the ring. The two seem evenly matched. Fairplay is desperate for a tag in, so he can prove himself as more than just a manager. Morrison makes the tag. Fairplay enters and gets his ass kicked. He gets in virtually no offense. Godderz tags in Jean, who also gets some offense in on Fairplay. Amazingly, Fairplay is able to scamper away and gets the tag to Morrison. Jean tags Godderz back in. Though Godderz puts up a good fight with some good hits, Morrison handily wins with a submission, with Fairplay taunting all the while. Fairplay puts his manager hat back on and is proud to announce Morrison, the Survivor rep as the winner of the tournament. Godderz and Jean leave, disgraced at what a joke this “tournament” turned out to be.

2. Fatal Five Way Elimination Match for the vacant Women’s Pan American Belt
Featuring: Wendi Richter, AJ Lee, Allysin Kay, Jazz, and Candice LeRae

The last woman to hold the belt was injured and had to vacate the belt. This match was announced to give some of the top women in the company an equal chance to fight for the belt. Alliances were made between LeRae and Richter form a baby face alliance against heels Kay and Lee. These four women have been with the company for several years now, and over time all four women have had various rivalries over the years.
Jazz worked for Steel City Promotions for about 2 years, but recently returned from a 3.5 year hiatus, where she wrestled on the independent circuit. The other four women mostly focus on eliminating each other, due to old rivalries. Jazz is able to lay pretty low while Kay and LeRae are eliminated, by LeRae and Lee respectively. It comes down to Richter, Lee and Jazz. Lee remains focused on eliminating Richter, which she does. By now, Lee is exhausted, but Jazz is feeling good. Jazz is a powerhouse and starts to PUMMEL Lee. She gets some hard offense in. She clearly made some great improvements since she was last with Steel City Promotions. Because Lee is so wiped, she knows she can’t take anymore, so she taps out. Jazz wins the belt, while the other four women lay in the ring nursing their injuries.

3. Damien Sandow Vs. Ken Shamrock in a Singles Match
Damien Sandow and his former tag team partner, Nick Aldis, recently made their debuts on Steel City Promotions. With his signature over-the-top acting, Sandow declares himself to be the toughest guy in the business, however he manages to escape anytime he is in real danger in the ring, mostly through interference from Aldis. His dear friend Aldis has been a supportive lackey – despite being the objectively better wrestler.
Ken Shamrock – who made a name for himself in MMA, is SICK of Sandow and Aldis prancing around Steel City Promotions hailing themselves as tough guys, when Sandow has never been in a real fight, because he always escapes. A few weeks ago, he challenged Sandow to a match at the upcoming PPV (i.e. this one), on the condition that Aldis be banned from the event. Not wanting to look weak, Sandow is forced to accept this challenge.
Sandow and Aldis immediately began scheming ways to sneak Aldis into the building. The tried to smuggle Aldis in to one of Steel City’s events prior to the PPV, which was foiled. They tried to smuggle him in a sarcophagus, with Sandow doing an Ancient Egyptian gimmick, but security insisted that they could see inside.
Normally, Sandow has an over the top entrance. However, this time, it is pretty subdued. His body language has shifted. He seems intimidated and on-edge. Once the match starts, Sandow does not hold back. He immediately goes in on the offense. He is giving it his all! He gets some good offense in, but in reality he is no match for Shamrock. Shamrock gets in a few near falls, but Sandow is able to get out of a few submissions. He gets back up with one final push, he is able to muster all of his strength and is able to get The Silencer in on Shamrock. It looks like he may be able to get a submission on Shamrock when Aldis (who is in the audience) rips off his disguise [he is wearing a big hat, a wig, glasses and colourful t-shirt.] Sandow is so happy to see his friend! He tries to high five his friend, but instead Aldis turns on Sandow with a Power Bomb! The ref is doing his best to get Aldis to leave the ring. Sandow is SHOCKED. He is writhing in pain, when Shamrock quickly gets in a submission, but the ref as already called a DQ. Shamrock vows to get a rematch.

4. Asuka Vs. Rhea Ripley for the Women’s Steel City Ultimate Championship Belt in a Steel Cage
This match was sanctioned by GM Paul Heyman. Asuka currently holds the aforementioned belt. She has held the belt for 142 days. She has been challenged by Ripley, who a newcomer to Steel City Promotions, and is very over with the fans. With the fans’ support’ Ripley is ready to be the leader of the Women’s Division and feels that Asuka has held the belt long enough. She wants to give the fans new blood.
It is a pretty hard-hitting women’s match. The two women are well matched and it is pretty even. Both women get in a of offense, and both are taking it like champs. Both women get in some near falls. It really looks like Ripley is going to have Asuka tap out from the Inverted Standing Cloverleaf, but she manages to reverse it and get Ripley in the Asuka Lock, which she taps out. Asuka retains the belt!

5. Jake the Snake and Mark Mero vs the Hardy Boys in a Tag Team Match
If the Hardy Boys win, Jake the Snake and Mark Mero must leave Steel City Promotions FOREVER.
If Jake the Snake and Mark Mero win, the Hardy Boys must join them at their “Healing Hut” for 30 days.
Both Mark Mero and Jake the Snake have faced personal and health problems. Both men have been completely rehabilitated by the magical power of holistic healthy living. They have become ambassadors for this lifestyle. They push this lifestyle on anyone who will listen, and those who won’t listen too. They are always trying to convince people to join them at their “Healing Hut.’ Naturally, many people are seriously annoyed by this, and no one has joined them in their “Healing Hut” yet.
There is no one who embodies an unhealthy lifestyle more than the Hardy Boys. Jake and Mero have been on their case for MONTHS. They are constantly giving them the gears about their lifestyle. Telling them things such as “you know smoking causes cancer.” Finally, the Hardy Boys challenge Jake and Mero to a tag team match. If the Hardy Boys win, Jake and Mero are FOREVER banned from Steel City Promotions, while if Jake and Mero win, the Hardy Boys agree to do 30 days in the “Healing Hut”. Jake and Mero are excited, because they KNOW that their healthy lifestyle will help them win – once and for all!
The actual match is quite the spectacle. Jake no longer uses his snake, as it doesn’t fit into his new lifestyle, but he does have his bag. From the bag, he pulls out a plush snake, but it is actually filled with matcha powder, which he uses to try to blind the Hardys! While they are trying to get it out of their eyes, Jake and Mero do get the upper hand. However, they are eventually bested by the Hardys when Jeff gets Mero into a submission. Jake and Mero vow that they will find another way to get back to Steel City Promotions. As they leave the ring, they start to distribute pamphlets for the “Healing Hut” to the audience.

6. Drew McIntyre Vs. Luke Harper no DQ for the Men’s Pan American Belt
These are two powerhouse competitors. Harper took the belt off of McIntyre at the last PPV. He has held the belt for 27 days. This rematch was sanctioned by the GM Paul Heyman, as there was some controversy around the ref’s decisions, that is why it was made into a no DQ.
This is a violent match, with use of many of the ring’s accoutrements with Harper favoring the Steel Chair and McIntyre favouring the announcer’s table. After a long, hard-fought, slightly bloody match – McIntyre takes the belt via pinfall.

7. Brock Lesnar Vs. Vader for the Men’s Steel City Ultimate Championship Belt in a Steel Cage
This is gonna be a wild ride! Vader is challenging Lesnar for the highest ranking belt in the company. Lesnar has held the belt for 185 days and this is his fourth time holding the belt. Needless to say, he is the one to beat. Vader had won a tournament to be the next contender. He is a fan favorite.
Heyman takes full credit for finding and advocating for Lesnar. He is currently acting as commissioner for Steel City Promotions and since he has been appointed commissioner, he has stated that he has “become impartial.” Despite this, he has been accused of favouring Lesnar and giving him special privileges.
He comes out to do special commentary for this match, insisting he has “become impartial.”
The match gets started, and what a match it is! It goes back and forth. Obviously, both men are well matched. Heyman gives “impartial” commentary, he continues to repeat how “impartial” he is. Both men have some blood. Both men have incredible endurance! After about 25 minutes of back and forth, the door of the cage actually breaks open when Lesnar slams Vader into it.
The two men continue to brawl outside of the ring. Vader slams Lesnar into the announce table. The table breaks and Heyman JUMPS up, clearly very startled. His “impartial” hat comes off and he starts taunting Vader. Vader screams at Heyman, and Heyman takes a couple of hard punches from Vader, but he continues to taunt him. Vader is distracted, and Lesnar is able to get Vader back into the ring and takes him to Suplex City. In this nail biter, Lesnar retains the belt.

VS

ColePens:

ColePens Presents: WRESTLEMANIA
July 25, 2021 - Civic Arena
Pittsburgh, PA

MAIN EVENT for the WWF Championship

Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) vs. John Cena

WWF Women's Championship Match
Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Io Shirai

NXT World Championship Match
HHH (c) vs. Keith Lee

WWF Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Ladder Match
Rey Fenix (c) vs. Ricochet vs. Lio Rush

Demon vs. Villain
Finn Balor vs. Marty Scurll

Triple Threat Hardcore No DQ Match
Matt Riddle vs. Minoru Suzuki vs. Dan "The Beast" Severn

Intergender Match for the 24/7 Championship!
Drake Maverick (c) vs. Britt Baker

WWF World Tag Team Championship Match
War Machine (c) vs. Motor City Machine Guns

The GOAT Comedy Hot Opener! (Starts comedy - goes into awesome wrestling)
R Truth vs. Orange Cassidy

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I think theedge9 has more to offer here with the scene setting. I like the establishment of a gimmick and how it's built upon with the cage matches. Also, damn, that main event.

ColePens still has that triple threat I like but I find the feel to be too modern for.my tastes, but I do know that that is what CP goes for with his cards and finds inspiration in so I can't knock it too much.

Reactions: ColePens

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Ladies and gentlemen, I have NO choice but to vote for @ColePens in the end.

Yes, I know. Some may say 'but he's your financial benefactor'.

And others may say 'he's already killed one HFBoards wrestling federation, and as a mod, he could press DELETE for your account as casually as he throws $100 bills at @Scandale du Jour while he obsessively alternates stares between his Krissy poster and the room sized mirror @ColePens bought him.'

But in spite of what the haters may say, I am and always have been a man of principle and conviction.

@ColePens earned my vote the HONEST way . . .

BlNO.gif

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This was another really difficult choice. As I'm typing I'm still not sure. For me @ColePens has the stronger card and more matches I'd want to see. On the other hand @theedge9 has more wrestlers that I like and some I really like at that along with some strong storytelling. Grrrr...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad