Not open for further replies.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
The Mighty Duck Man:

WWA Presents: SHOWCASE OF THE IMMORTALS

WWA Championship: Seth Rollins(c) vs. Shawn Michaels

Diamond Dallas Page w/Kimberly Page vs. Edge w/Beth Phoenix

WWA Intercontinental Championship: Randy Orton(c) w/WWA Commissioner Cowboy Bob Orton vs. Duty Rhodes

No Disqualification Match: Harley Race vs. The Sandman

Fatal Four-way elimination match for the WWA Tag Team Championship: The Road Warriors(c) vs. The Usos vs. The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Eliminatlors

Yokozuna w/Mr. Fuji vs. Braun Strowman

WWA Women's Championship: Manami Toyota(c) vs. Tessa Blanchard

Ladder match for the WWA Cruiserweight Championship: Jerry Lynn(c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tajiri vs. Austin Aries vs. Juvetud Gurrera vs. The Hurricane

VS

Natey:

Main Event
World Championship Match
Will Ospreay vs. Johnny Gargano (c)

#1 Contender Match
Stipulation Chosen by Winning Faction

Bullet Club's 'Switchblade' Jay White vs. Undisputed Era's Adam Cole

Hell with Weapons in a Cell
Darby Allin vs. Tommaso Ciampa

Women's Championship Match
Elimination Match

Winner of Lucky 13 Survival Royale vs. Mayu Iwatani vs. Dakota Kai vs. Hikaru Shida (c)

Tag Team Championship Match
The Brit-Am Brawlers of Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch vs. The Hybrid 2 of Jack Evans & Angelico (c)

International Championship Match
Juice Robinson vs. Pete Dunne (c)

Tyler Bate vs. Katsuyori Shibata

Winning Team picks stipulation in the #1 Contender's Match
Undisputed Era
of Roderick Strong, Kyle O'Reilly, & Bobby Fish vs. Bullet Club of Hangman Page, El Phantasmo, & Shawn Spears

Cruiserweight Championship Match
KUSHIDA vs. TJP (c)

Pre-Show Match
Lucky 13 Survival Royale
Winner Advances To PPV Women's Title Match
New Entrant: 3 Minutes

Pin, Submission, or Over the Top Rope Elimination
Sarah Logan vs. Yuka Sakazaki vs. Jordynne Grace vs. Mercedes Martinez vs. Hana Kimura vs. Shotzi Blackheart vs. Tegan Nox vs. Meiko Satomura vs. Rosemary vs. Kris Wolf vs. Kay Lee Ray vs. Emma vs. KC Spinelli

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
This matchup is a pretty sizable contrast between a very pure workrate card and a more old fashioned card. I went with Mighty Duck Man as I prefer the more "all time" aspect by bringing contrasts of current wrestlers and classic wrestlers.

Mighty Duck Man: Probably the best women's singles match in this thing, and DDP vs Edge could be fairly interesting with two lanky, often injured wrestlers who never really interacted very much. The four way tag match also has an interesting mix of teams. I'm not a Rollins fan but Michaels, my favourite wrestler of all time, goes a long way. Only a few minor weaknesses for me, mainly the Yokozuna match, which admittedly does give a bit of new gen variety to the card, and Orton being with Dusty Rhodes. I hate Randall.

Natey: I will give credit, for workrate I think that this is unquestionably the top card. I'm looking for a bit more in an all time draft though, mainly a contrast between old and new. Certainly this is a fully realized card and I'm sure that you built it to what you want to see. As a plus I don't really have to wonder if any given matches would work because they clearly would. Allin vs Ciampa is the highlight for me. This vote just came down to preference for me.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Funny, I love the Yoko- Braun match. That's one where back in the day, that's a PPV closer or you weren't alive/paying attn. Bret barely beat Yoko and got carried away on shoulders.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
It's really too bad Natey has come up against Michaels vs Rollins, a match I expect would be quite popular around these parts.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Before I go into more, I'm surprised this one isn't closer.

@The Mighty Duck Man : I think you've put together a really solid card with some very good matches. For me though, I want to know more. From what does WWA stand for to how some of the matches, like DDP vs Edge, came together. Some of the matches don't even need much of a storyline like your ladder match or I would think the storyline would be easy to write in the case of Orton vs Rhodes. Matches don't need that sort of thing, and you've put together multiple matches where you don't and I think that's a sign of good booking, but overall it just enhances something even if it's already good. Not all of your matches are big draws for me, not a fan of Rollins myself, but still a strong card with plenty of depth.

@Natey : I honestly thought I was going to dislike your card when you were drafting. You had guys that I like, indeed some I've drafted before, but I thought it was just going to be a rehash of things I've already seen. Of course it's not that at all. Like the Bullet Club vs Undisputed Era idea but would love a bit of back story on a few points of it. When I think Hell in a Cell I don't think Allin vs Ciampa, but I think it'd be a refreshing take on that style of match. I think you could have amped up the Bullet Club vs Undisputed Era angle by placing both matches higher up the card. Also, I'd like to see some more "classic" wrestling represented even if the card is put into a modern context. Overall a very solid card though.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Before I go into more, I'm surprised this one isn't closer.

@The Mighty Duck Man : I think you've put together a really solid card with some very good matches. For me though, I want to know more. From what does WWA stand for to how some of the matches, like DDP vs Edge, came together. Some of the matches don't even need much of a storyline like your ladder match or I would think the storyline would be easy to write in the case of Orton vs Rhodes. Matches don't need that sort of thing, and you've put together multiple matches where you don't and I think that's a sign of good booking, but overall it just enhances something even if it's already good. Not all of your matches are big draws for me, not a fan of Rollins myself, but still a strong card with plenty of depth.

@Natey : I honestly thought I was going to dislike your card when you were drafting. You had guys that I like, indeed some I've drafted before, but I thought it was just going to be a rehash of things I've already seen. Of course it's not that at all. Like the Bullet Club vs Undisputed Era idea but would love a bit of back story on a few points of it. When I think Hell in a Cell I don't think Allin vs Ciampa, but I think it'd be a refreshing take on that style of match. I think you could have amped up the Bullet Club vs Undisputed Era angle by placing both matches higher up the card. Also, I'd like to see some more "classic" wrestling represented even if the card is put into a modern context. Overall a very solid card though.

WWA is World Wrestling Alliance, just wanted a name. As for knowing more, yeah I agree lol. I was going to come back and go into detail with all the angles, as one might've speculated from some of the managers, but life got in the way a bit and I didn't want to half-ass it so I thought I'd just let it stand. I think I only got as far as the top three matches.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My scoring went like this for both cards:

- a match I had no interest in ( 0 points )
- a match I had no interest in but like the idea ( 1 point )
- a match I would have some interest in watching ( 2 points )
- a match I would definitely want to watch ( 3 points )
- a match I need to watch ( 4 points )
- a match I would pay to watch ( 5 points )

Since both cards ended up with 17 points the tiebreaker was what I considered to be the best match from both cards and that ended up being Jay White vs Adam Cole so Natey gets my vote.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad