NXT World Championship Match
HHH (c) vs. Keith Lee

WWF Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Ladder Match
Rey Fenix (c) vs. Ricochet vs. Lio Rush

Demon vs. Villain
Finn Balor vs. Marty Scurll

Triple Threat Hardcore No DQ Match
Matt Riddle vs. Minoru Suzuki vs. Dan "The Beast" Severn

Intergender Match for the 24/7 Championship!
Drake Maverick (c) vs. Britt Baker

WWF World Tag Team Championship Match
War Machine (c) vs. Motor City Machine Guns

The GOAT Comedy Hot Opener! (Starts comedy - goes into awesome wrestling)
R Truth vs. Orange Cassidy

VS

Kaner9:

Live from the Hammerstein Ballroom it is Extreme Championship Fight’Night Wrestling

Who Is The Hardcore Icon: Cactus Jack vs Jon Moxley in a Last Man Standing Match

HOLY SHIT Did He Just Do That: Rey Mysterio vs Hiromu Takahashi

Hoss Fiiiiiiight: Walter vs Bam Bam Bigelow

Old School But New Against New School But Old: The Revival vs The New Age Outlaws

Don’t You Lay Around In My Ring: Naito vs Raven vs Homicide in a No DQ Match

I’m Fat But I’m Good: Mark Henry vs Chris Hero

DAMN What The Hell Did I Get Myself Into: Ron Simmons vs Goldust vs Lethal as BlackDust

Brawl For The Not That Tall: Shingo Takagi vs Tazz

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Tight one... I'll take Kaner9 by a nose but it's a relative tie for me.

ColePens: The ladder match has potential to be crazy and the MMA triple threat could potentially be very good, though I might rather it as just Riddle vs Suzuki straight up. I really like the contrast of the tag match as well, that's up there among the best tag matches in this. While I don't care for most intergender wrestling the way you handled it is good. My only real issues are that I have a pretty strong dislike for Cena and Orange Cassidy. Putting Cassidy in a blatant comedy match somewhat mitigates it. I do dislike Austin vs Cena though. I'm a bit conflicted about the Flair-Shirai match... it would probably be a pretty good match, but it just happened. Then again when the draft started it hadn't happened. Weird situation.

Kaner9: I really like Bigelow vs Walter. There's a clear theme with a more hardcore focus here, though that isn't my preference generally. Cactus Jack vs Moxley pays off that old angle a bit. Naito is kind of an awkward fit in his match but it might work. Revival vs New Age Outlaws might be a good contrast, not so sure how it would work in the ring but I expect it would end up pretty good.

Reactions: ColePens and Kaner9

theedge9

May 21, 2018
This is a tough call!

In ColePens' card - I really like the Demon v. Villian match. I would love to watch this one.
I also think you used both R. Truth and Orange Cassidy in a creative way. It would be very funny to see how R.Truth responds to Orange Cassidy's ... unique style lol

kaner9 - I think your main event is top notch! That would be one for the books. The Brawl for the Not that Tall made me laugh a lot.

Tough call!

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
This one was another hard one for me. ColePens has booked a bare bones show like he has in previous years but I'm afraid to think it has too much going on, in terms of high work rate. I am very much not a fan of Cena, Cassidy and Scurll. I do really like e inclusion of the MCMG as contenders and I would honestly go out of my way to see the triple threat between Severn, Riddle and Suzuki.

Kaner9 has more wrestlers I like but I really don't like the gimmicks assigned to them. Especially the "fat but good" match where I'd argue Henry isn't very good at all unless he's carefully booked right and I don't think referring to him as fat gets that job done. My changing tastes as I get older also make Moxley vs Foley less and less of a draw for me. I'm especially not a big Moxley fan. I also would have liked to see Naito in more of a showcase match than a No DQ triple threat that I don't think suits his talents as well.

My vote went to ColePens, which I didn't expect at all. But it was very close.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Another really close one as the voting seems to indicate:

@ColePens : A very "Colepens" card if you ask me. Of course that means it's solid in terms of the matches and the layout is going to spot on or close. That said I'll start off by saying that I'd have loved to have seen that tag team match notably higher up the card even if they're not the most popular tag teams of all time. That ladder match would be nuts and very much a must see. I love the comedy match idea as I'm a big R-Truth fan and find Orange Cassidy amusing if less so. However I'd have loved some storyline to it. I know it's not everyone's thing and I know it'd be funny regardless, but the fact you know to set that up means you've probably got fun ideas to take it further. Your Hardcore/No DQ match is also an interesting one. Your card has some real draw matches that in your words "would put butts in the seats". I agree, but they're not entirely for me. If I knew how they came to be I might appreciate them more, like Cena-Austin and HHH-Lee which I would think in the latter's case could be quite interesting. Still matches like Cena-Austin, HHH-Lee and Balor-Scurll are matches you're going to check out either way.

@Kaner9 : I like how your matches seem to fit the event's theme. That can be easier said than done if you plan it out that way or a sign of good drafting if you come across the idea midway through the picks process. I would have never in a million years thought of Moxley vs Cactus Jack and while for a split second I would think it wouldn't interest me it actually does. My only knock on it is that if it's all about who the hardcore icon is then it should be a hardcore match. Walter vs Bam Bam fits the card, but not sure I love the idea. For me I'd be dying to know the build up which could totally sway me. Mysterio-Takahashi I get and would have a lot of spots. I laughed at the tag title match name. I quite like the idea of Naito vs Raven and you could have dropped Homicide (who I do like enough for the record) and move the match up the card considering the theme and likely promotion. Overall I think you've got a solid card here and even if some of the matches aren't spot on for me your overall roster is which is something that I think gets overlooked here.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I did have an alternate universe card. I was torn on going against the grain. I'll post it in the draft thread soon.

This has to be the best year in terms of cards. I do not see any easy first round exits. In years past, EASILY first round exits. Hell... we, IMO, have a finale in the first round with one matchup.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
My scoring went like this for both cards:

- a match I had no interest in ( 0 points )
- a match I had no interest in but like the idea ( 1 point )
- a match I would have some interest in watching ( 2 points )
- a match I would definitely want to watch ( 3 points )
- a match I need to watch ( 4 points )
- a match I would pay to watch ( 5 points )

Another close one that ended in a tie so I voted for the card that had the best match-up which was Cactus Jack vs Jon Moxley so Kaner9 gets my vote.

Reactions: ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
My scoring went like this for both cards:

- a match I had no interest in ( 0 points )
- a match I had no interest in but like the idea ( 1 point )
- a match I would have some interest in watching ( 2 points )
- a match I would definitely want to watch ( 3 points )
- a match I need to watch ( 4 points )
- a match I would pay to watch ( 5 points )

Another close one that ended in a tie so I voted for the card that had the best match-up which was Cactus Jack vs Jon Moxley so Kaner9 gets my vote.

Oh I like this format A LOT. On some of these so damn close to call ones, I may use this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad