Which card do you prefer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
BostonBob:

BostonBob's Championship Wrestling is proud to bring to you their annual PPV - Beatdown in Beantown. The scheduled card looks like this:

- Cesaro vs Wade Barrett
- The Fabulous Freebirds vs Stan Lane and Chris Candido
- Nick Bockwinkel vs Nigel McGuiness
- Jerry Lawler vs Big Bubba Rogers ( Memphis Street Fight )
- Arn Anderson vs Rick Martel
- The Great Muta ( BBCW Television Champion ) vs Nikita Koloff
- Barry Windham ( BBCW North American Champion ) vs The Masked Superstar
- Andre the Giant vs Bruiser Brody
- The Fabulous Rougeaus ( BBCW World Tag Team Champions ) vs Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda
- Ric Flair ( BBCW World Heavyweight Champion ) vs Curt Hennig

VS

les Habs:

The Alternative Wrestling Federation presents: Vengeance

Live from the Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee, Wisconsin with commentary highlights from good 'ole JR Jim Ross.

Interview:
Jim Ross: "Well ladies and gentlemen, it looks like we're kicking things off here."

225880.jpg

Matt Cardona: "Welcome everyone to the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast live at Vengeance and I'm your host 'Always Ready' Matt Cardona, AKA the thousand dollar Broski, AKA the Michael Jordan of wrestling figure collecting. 'Bare Minimum' Bryan Myers is apparently running late, but we're not waiting for him. Tonight I'll be buying an ultra-rare one-of-a-kind LJN AWF Golden Age of Wrestling Corporal Kirchner prototype figure from the man himself. I've got my wallet full of Broski bucks and I'm going to beat 'Bare Minimum' Brian to the punch one more time."

MC: "Here with me is none other than AWF legend Corporal Kirchner and today he's brought his ultra rare LJN AWF Golden Age of Wrestling Corporal Kirchner prototype figure. So without further adieu, let's see that fig Corporal."

Corporal Kirchner: "I think I might have left it in my coat in the locker room. I can't seem to find it here in my bag."

MC: "What? Bro, you said you brought the fig?"

CK: "I did. I'm telling you it's back in my locker room."

JR: "Well folks, let's get tonight's pay-per-view started for real with our first match."

Evening Gown Match for the AWF Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss (C) with Robert Stone vs Chelsea Green
Bios:
Alexa Bliss: She may seem like a snotty little valley girl, but Alexa Bliss is as cunning in the ring as she is out of it. Arrogant, cocky and judgemental, she's not the most popular wrestler in the women's dressing room. That fact is compounded by her controversial "Moment of Bliss" show. What really matters though is that she can back it all up in the ring and has been the longest reigning Women's Champion in AWF history. Think current day Alexa Bliss.

Entrance Theme: "Bliss" by Muse

Robert Stone: AWF newcomer and the promotions first and thus far only agent, Robert Stone gets results. He led Chelsea Green to the top of the women's division contender rankings. Along the way Stone romanced Green and proposed marriage, a proposal she accepted. However lacking scruples and showing his cunning Stone broke of their engagement on the altar in the middle of the ring on Monday Nitro only to be seen on the titantron with his newest client and love interest, Alexa Bliss. Think current day Robert Stone.

Chelsea Green: The AWF's up and coming women's division wrestler, Chelsea Green had it all. The looks and the in-ring ability it takes to the Women's Champion. Her meteoric rise to the #1 contender spot saw her go on a ten match unbeaten run. However it all came crashing down when her heart was broken by her agent and fiancee' Robert Stone. Green says she's fine, but she's clearly become unhinged as is apparent by not only her behavior but also her appearance and her ever present accessory, one of many leftover bottles of champagne from her to have been wedding. Think Laurel van Ness on TNA.

Entrance Theme: "Crazy" by Patsy Cline
68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4531495663506c6854707a4151673d3d2d3131382e313539333265396539653638646231663432373834313039393831362e6a7067
Match:
"Our first match tonight is going to be... titillating to say the least."

"And down to the ring comes the challenger Chelsea Green and she's looked more unhinged with every passing week since her former agent Robert Stone left her at the altar and has joined forces if you will with the Women's Champion Alexa Bliss. And hang on a minute here, while I'm no fashion expert, that looks more like a wedding dress that miss Green is donning than it does an evening gown"

"Well that's not blue moon of Kentucky, but Chelsea Green has given the crowd a nice look at what I guess you could call a moon of Bliss as she unsuccessfully tried to take off the champion's evening gown."

"Dammit, Robert Stone has just interfered with this match and it looks like he was offering a kiss from the apron for Chelsea Green when Alexa Bliss came in from behind and gave her a DDT. And now she's just landed Twisted Bliss. Oh, and here we go, she's taking that evening gown, well wedding dress, off of Chelsea Green."

"Now what is going on here folks. The damn match is over. They need to leave the poor girl alone."

Interview:
Matt Cardona: "Bro! You said it was in your coat? I NEED THAT FIG!"

images

Corporal Kirchner: "Take it easy, take it easy. I'll just go out to my car and..."

MC: "Wait, what's going on out there? What the hell are they doing to her?"

Jim Ross on commentary: "Dammit, Alexa Bliss is putting in some real shots here as that slimeball Robert Stone is holding Chelsea Green. But wait, what do we have here! It's Matt Cardona! Alexa Bliss has turned tail and run but Robert Stone's back is turned to the entrance ramp! Whoa, Matt Cardona is really taking Robert Stone to the wood shed!"

CK: "Hey Myers, where the hell is Cardona? He was freaking out about this action figure and now he's nowhere to be found? I just brought it in from my car"

Brian Myers: "Don't worry about it. I'll pay you for it. I can only offer you the bare minimum though because it's so old. How about fifty bucks?"

CK: "Are you kidding me? Done deal!"

JR: "And would you look at this. Matt Cardona is carrying Chelsea Green in his arms to the back."

Ratings Rumble for the AWF Television Championship
16 Man Rumble Match
Rules:
  • 16 participants, but 5 are mystery entrants
  • 60 seconds between entrances
  • Both feet must touch the ground
  • Last man left in the ring is the new AWF Television Champion
Match:
"Our second match of the night here folks is an AWF first. It's the first ever 'Ratings Rumble' for the World Television Championship and we've got no loss of characters suitable for prime time with the 11 known AWF combatants set to take to the ring. However there are an additional five 'mystery' opponents who we don't know. So far we know that Abyss, Sanada, Bo, Chris Nowinski, Elias, Jim 'the Anvil' Neidhart, Hernandez, Mr Anderson, 'The Alpha Male' Monty Brown and the 'Billion Dollar Heir' Ted DiBiase Jr are the confirmed participants, but the mystery opponents are anybody's guess. On top of that we don't know what order any of the participants are coming out either. Now after the first participant comes out the clock will count down from one minute until the next participant comes out and so on. The last man in the ring after everyone else has been thrown over the top rope will be the new AWF Television Chamnpion."

ENTRANCE: "Well lucky us, here's out first competitor, it's that jackass Elias and something tells me we're going to be hearing any Johnny Cash tonight."

ENTRANCE: "Hold on a minute though, here's our second competitor and it's none other than Texas' own Kevin von Erich and the ladies are getting excited I can assure you."

ENTRANCE: "Oh great, and now here comes the pompous and arrogant Harvard graduate Chris Nowinski."

ENTRANCE: "I don't know what's going on here folks because that's Chris Nowinski's Havard theme again, but he's already in the ring. Wait a damn minute, it's Eugene! And here he comes to the ring with Nowinski's letterman's jacket, well he's got it on inside out, but it's the jacket he took from Nowinski on Monday Nitro when he beat Nowinski in that debate and match. Eugene is our first mystery opponent of the night and the crowd is loving this as he waves to the fans. And Nowinski is furious in that ring as he gestures to Eugene to take off the jacket."

ENTRANCE: "And here's our next opponent coming down the aisle, it's newest member of the AWF roster, all the way from Japan it's Sanada. Let me tell you folks, I think Sanada is a real wild card in this match."

ENTRANCE: "And here we have another big man on his way to the ring, it's LAX's very own Hernandez."

ENTRANCE: "Still no eliminations yet here folks as our next competitor is set for the ring. And it's Bo from the Wyatt Family."

ENTRANCE: "Well time is up yet again and, is this who I think it is? It is! It's Koko B Ware and Frankie! The crowd is loving this."

ELIMINATION: "Haha, and look at Eugene flapping his arms like he's Franky, but look out there as Nowinski from behind, but no, Eugene pulled down that top rope and Nowinski went over! Koko signaled for Eugene to look out as he was entering the ring and he surely helped keep Eugene alive there as Nowinski is fuming."

ENTRANCE: "Well now we're down a man, but here comes another competitor, it's "the Anvil" Jim Neidhart!"

ENTRANCE: "Running to the ring here is the "Alpha Male" Monty Brown.

ELIMINATION: "And look at the 'Alpha Male' and 'the Anvil' here folks, two big bulls. Whoa, did they just move the ring? Well they didn't move each other as they collided. And again, but this time 'the Anvil' took the worst of it. And look at this, Monty Brown just alpha bombed 'the Anvil' out of the ring! What an incredible show of strength as 'the Anvil' is eliminated."

ENTRANCE: "And our next Ratings Rumble participant here obviously needs on introduction as it's that loudmouth Mr Anderson introducing himself as usual."

ELIMINATIONS: "Oh and Hernandez has Koko B Ware up here, and it's a border toss! He just border tossed Koko out of the ring as he was flying like Frankie, but what's this? Eugene just came in from behind and put out Big Mex Hernandez! We're down to 6 competitors at the moment here folks."

ENTRANCE: "And what the hell is this, it's that sadistic clown Doink. He's the third mystery competitor! Just listen to that creepy music and poor Eugene isn't smiling anymore. He looks genuinely frightened at the sight of Doink."

ENTRANCE: "Now it's our next competitor, the Reverend Christopher Park."

ELIMINATION: "What the hell is Elias doing here folks? He's grabbed that guitar that was at ringside and he's just smashed Reverend Park over the head with it and Park is bleeding! But what's this? Park seems unfazed. He's got Elias up here and he just gave him the shock treatment. And what's this? He just chokeslammed Elias out of the ring and eliminated him!"

ENTRANCE: "Oh, now what's this?!? It's Gangrel! Here's our fourth mystery opponent here and we're going to have a real war here between Gangrel and Reverend Park, you can bet on it."

ENTRANCE: "And now it's our penultimate competitor, the man who bought his spot by paying Elias for it, the Billion Dollar Heir Ted DiBiase Jr. And he may have just bought himself the television championship."

ELIMINATIONS: "Whoa, and Reverend Park and Gangrel just eliminated one another as Gangrel went to clothesline Park and his momentum carried him over with him."

ENTRANCE: "So we're down to seven participants here with our final competitor and final mystery opponent about to come out here as the clock... well what's this? The clock has just changed...

FluffyFeminineAquaticleech-size_restricted.gif

And it's... wait a minute! Wait a minute! Could it be?!??!? I know that countdown. And look at the Nitrotron and look at the face on Mr Anderson. What does that say... 'save'... 'AWF', it says 'save AWF'... 'Y'... '2'... Oh my God, is he really here in the AWF? 'Y2...L'??? Y2L? But that's Chris... oh wait a goddamn minute, that's not... It's Lenny Lane!"

ELIMINATION: "Oh and will you look at this, Lenny Lane, or should I say Y2L, just eliminated Mr Anderson."

ELIMINATION: "Sanada just eliminated Y2Lenny Lane or whoever the hell he is now."

ELIMINATION: "And Doink just tricked Eugene there and out goes poor Eugene after such an impressive showing."

ELIMINATION: "But what's this? Monty Brown just knocked Doink over the top rope and almost into the first row seats! We're now down to five folks."

ELIMINATION: "Look at this! Sanada and DiBiase have just eliminated 'The Alpha Male.'"

ELIMINATION: "But now that snake DiBiase just dumped Sanada over too. We're down to the final three!"

"It looks as though DiBiase and Bo have some sort of alliance here and they're going to team up on Kevin von Erich."

ELIMINATION: "Oh, and look at that! Bo just double-crossed that arrogant ass DiBiase and threw him over!"

"Both men are drained at this point, especially Kevin von Erich who was the second entrant in this Ratings Rumble. Von Erich taking a risk here going to the top... but wait, Bo with an avalanche hip toss as Kevin wasn't fast enough getting off those ropes."

ELIMINATION: "Kevin has Bo in the claw here, but Bo backing away and they both go over the top rope, but Bo held on and landed on the apron as Kevin landed on the floor! Bo is the winner of the Ratings Rumble!"
Bios:
NOTE, if you don't want to spoil mystery Rumble entrants read the match first.

Elias:
A wrestler and a musician, Elias like to interrupt Monday Nitro with impromptu music sessions where if he's not mocking the crowd he's mocking another AWF wrestler. Think current day Elias.

Entrance Theme: Current Elias theme "Drift"
elias.jpg

Kevin von Erich: From Texas' famous von Erich familiy, Kevin von Erich is one of the most popular wrestlers in the AWF thanks to his wrestling style and rugged good looks. No stranger to success he won multiple titles before coming to the AWF including WCCW World Heavyweight and WCCW Tag Team championships. He's also a two time AWF United States Champion. Technically sound and a high-flyer is a tough opponent for any competitor. Think prime WCCW Kevin von Erich, barefoot and white trunks.

Entrance Theme: "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent
s-l300.jpg

Chris Nowinski: Harvard graduate and collegiate wrestling champion Chris Nowinski is the self-proclaimed smartest man in the AWF. Nowinski is adept both on the debate stage and in the wrestling ring. Think WWE Chris Nowinski.

Entrance Theme: Chris Nowinski's WWE theme
21.jpg

Eugene: Living his dream to someday be a professional wrestler, fan favorite Eugene is one of the most happy-go-lucky members of the AWF roster. However many of his fellow AWF superstars look to take advantage of Eugene, but Eugene usually finds a way to come out on top. Think WWE Eugene.

Entrance Theme: "No Easy Way Out" by Robert Tepper
5b48b96cdcc27.image.jpg

Sanada: One of the most recent additions to the AWF roster, Sanada makes his way from Japan. In Japan he held multiple titles and is considered to be a prospective contender for various AWF gold. Think Sanada with the big hair but also with the suit.

Entrance Theme: Sanada's theme from NJPW
SANADA_20190909_6-352x528.png

Hernandez: Big Mex and the muscle of the LAX faction Hernandez is their entrant in the Ratings Rumble. Despite his Mexican heritage, Hernandez is from East LA. Don't let his size fool you though, Hernandez can fly. Think prime Hernandez from TNA.

Entrance Theme: "Insane in the Brain" by Cypress Hill
e86b960069ba2e0e189486c09f36fe231b86e8d6_00.jpg

5eH11ddzxRcMaf8uXC5WqHFKMB424Fj9oI3qWliKwsJ7Y5uCVGH2a1o549iRAkbVeQCvpZXhHqB4KnZMOCSmy0wJ4VvvDRghCpMpEWrhdagyO8goxIoBRfAk

Bo: Bray Wyatt's brother Bo was the first member of the Wyatt Family stable. A very gifted wrestler he enjoyed a brief stint as the United States Champion, he's had little success since then. Formerly a fan favorite and always smiling, since coming under his brother's influence he never smiles anymore and in fact his long can often times hide his face altogether. However his ability in the ring has remained unaffected. In fact he's found a ruthless string never seen before in his early days in the AWF. Imagine Bo Dallas in the Wyatt family, he wears cut off jean shorts which are somewhat short and an unbuttoned flannel with the sleeves cut off.

Entrance Theme: Wyatt Family theme
f978a683cd4d9ff4-600x338.jpg

Koko B Ware: An AWF veteran, Koko B Ware is back for the Ratings Rumble. He's not alone though as he's brought Frankie along with him. Think classic WWE Koko B Ware.

Entrance Theme: Koko B Ware theme
latest

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart: AWF veteran Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart and his signature goatee are back for the Ratings Rumble. A former NFL football player can not only take a hit but he sure as hell can dish one out. While "The Anvil" can be a bit crazy but you can bet he's all business in the ring. Think WWE Jim Neidhart from his Hart Foundation days.

Entrance Theme: Hart Foundation theme
df969ba028b4008d384f9329f3608c0d.png

"The Alpha Male" Monty Brown: Former NFL footballer Monty Brown is one of the latest additions to the AWF roster. The former linebacker has been able to leverage his skills in a short amount of time and is undefeated in his first five AWF matches. A Ratings Rumble win would make his hot run even hotter. Think TNA Monty Brown with the leopard print trunks.

Entrance Theme: "Mama Said Knock You Out" by LL Cool J
09.jpg

Mr Anderson: A man who needs no introduction to AWF fans, Mr Anderson has vowed to win the Ratings Rumble and give the fans what they really want, more of him on TV. Think WWE Mr Kennedy, but goes by Mr Anderson.

Entrance Theme: Mr Anderson theme from TNA
mr-kennedy-pic.jpg

Doink: AWF's true clown, Doink isn't going to make your children laugh. In fact you might want to tuck them away when he's on. Don't let the getup fool you though, Doink is a solid in-ring wrestler witha penchant for violence.

Entrance Theme: Doink's heel theme
Photos_01_4.jpg

Reverend Christopher Park: Having only arrived in the AWF just over a year ago, Reverend Park, or Abyss depending the day and if he's been made to bleed, has made quite the name for himself most notably for his feud with the Billion Dollar Heir Ted DiBiase Jr. As his name Christopher denotes, he's a follower of Christ and wants to make wrestling entertainment about sporting aspects and fair play so that it's consumable for everyone. Thnk Joseph Park from TNA, but when he goes to the Abyss look he's TNA Abyss but the mask does not have the hair extensions and he's wearing less generic attire.

Entrance Theme: A somber version of "Amazing Grace" with a female vocal
9f0dcb937ff8f4810a994c4cebd05b0d.png

Gangrel: Another AWF veteran and overall veteran wrestler, Gangrel leaves both fans and competitors unsure of his origins as many suspect he's a vampire. Indeed he only trains at night and has never been seen in broad daylight. Think WWE Gangrel.

Entrance Theme: Gangrel's theme
pIXaVLbzU8LCxjwbbkd_iajC0sOYPLjSHi-G72FMNv7W0JwBLx4lLG5zHC9Zomq5zqm1bMb56W-4eA013k8sA-Wt0qNh_YX9VkOuRb8ifWYqWHSnbgU

"The Billion Dollar Heir" Ted DiBiase Jr: One of the richest men in the World and the richest man in professional wrestling Ted DiBiase Jr is his father's son. Hated by almost the entire AWF universe, he's leveraged his vast wealth to get matches and even titles during his time in the organization. Still he's one of the more talented and well-rounded AWF superstars who can match up against any opponent. Thing prime WWE Ted DiBiase Jr, he wears black tights with gold leaf detailing and the billion dollar belt.

Entrance Theme: Of Mice & Men's cover of Pink Floyd's "Money"
3061369093_1_3_x96RVtwT.jpg

Lenny Lane: One of the most smug and arrogant competitors in the AFW, Lenny Lane hasn't been seen in months. That of course doesn't mean that he hasn't been keeping his eye on developments and he believes the Television Championship is his destiny. Think WCW Lenny Lane but with black tighs.

Entrance Theme: Lenny Lane's AFW theme "Break Down Walls"
mtWispcLOgMEE2GVCq9H2tVuAJy9_gOhdVyN3uJ5qA-i5im9gu-U2IaSUuGr-nI04BRzgHPOw9ODeWa8mogewmvkoWg__Ov_sU_4oBNiZu3zlbI

Interview:
Josh Matthews: "Lance Storm, it was just over a year ago that you were victorious in that great ladder match to defend your North American tile. This year however you find yourself on the side of challenger as Johnny Kanyon lays claim to the title."

e9aca0fc9dcf63623c9bffc089966e35060183bc_hq.jpg

Lance Storm: "If I could be serious here for a minute Josh Matthews, it's the Canadian 105kg and over Championship in accordance with the Canadian metric system. It's not my fault that you don't understand the metric system. It's not my fault that even worse that idiot Johnny Kanyon can't do the math to convert 105 kilograms into pounds. It's not my fault the best wrestlers are from Canada. It's not my fault that I'm the best technical wrestler on earth. The American people, these fans, have tried to keep me down. Well tonight I'm going to bring dignity, honor, values and the maple leaf back to the title, that title being the Canadian 105kg and over Championship."

Mask vs Hair Casket Match
El Gringo Loco, "Love Machine" Art Barr vs Mil Muertes with Catrina
Bios:
El Gringo Lock "Love Machine" Art Barr: A terror in Mexico where he wrestled prior to coming to the AWF a few years back, Barr was the most successful "gringo" in Mexican wrestling. Despite his success he was hated by the vast majority of Mexican wrestling fans for his disparaging remarks about Mexico and his Mexican opponents. Still his talent is undeniable and he's held countless championships. However he's also unmasked many Mexican wrestlers including some legends and holds those masks in as high esteem as any championship he's ever held. A skilled technician as well as a high-flyer, he also isn't afraid to mix it up much less bend the rules. This is the maskless Art Barr of Los Gringos Locos.

Entrance Theme: "Magic Man" by Heart
f98669afa3dd-600x338-1.jpg

Mil Muertes: Hailing from Mexico City where his entire family died from an earthquake when he was just 7 years old, Mil Muertes is an AWF newcomer. He came to the promotion from Mexico where he was the Heavyweight Champion for the past two years. Despite his mask, Muertes is your typical Luchador as he's much bigger. With his cold stare he's a man of few words which he leaves for his lover and valet Catrina. Think Mil Muertes of Lucha Underground.

Entrance Theme: "Animal Magnetism" by The Scorpions
ab42feea00a5b37997c11c806a874b17.jpg

Catrina: The sexiest woman in the AWF, Catrina hails from Mexico where she began managing Mil Muertes. Perhaps "manage" is the wrong word though as she seems to be the only person capable of controlling the brawler. Their relationship is more than just professional though and anyone who puts a hand on Catrina suffers a fate that only Mil Muertes can bring.
Match:
After collecting every mask he's ever encountered throughout his career, "Love Machine" Art Barr's reputation is known throughout the wrestling world. However his reputation may now come to haunt him as he is for the first time ever the recipient of a mask vs hair match challenge, this time from the monster Mil Muertes. However this isn't just any mask vs hair match, it's a mask vs hair casket match.

Muertes essentially beats Barr from pillar to post to casket which he introduces into the ring. Catrina eventually gives Barr the "lick of death" which signals for Muertes to end things, but she then kicks Muertes from behind right between the legs. Barr then takes over using the casket and eventually delivering three frog splashes before rolling Muertes into the casket for the win. In the ring Catrina gives Barr another "lick of death" before a long kiss. Barr then goes over to the casket to take Muertes' mask, but just as he gets there Muertes sits straight up. Barr with Catrina in tow flee the ring as Muertes gets out of the casket and slowly pursues them.

Interview:
Josh Matthews: "Johnny Kanyon, Lance Storm has come out tonight and said that he going to take back the North American, well he call's it the Canadian 105kg and..."

Johnny Kanyon: "Whoa, hold up Joshy. How many times do I gotta tell you? It's the New Jersey 462lb and over Championship? Don't you know how to do the math?"

JM: "Well actually Johnny if you converted it to pounds it would be..."

JK: "Yeah, yeah, whateva. What are you going to tell me next, that Pentagon wants to call it the 300pesos and over Championship?"

JM: "Well actually the peso is a form of currency and not..."

JK: "It was a recital question dummy."

JM: "I think you mean rhetorical."

maxresdefault.jpg

JK: "Whateva! Look, tonight I'm going to retain my New Jersey... 524lb and over championship when I beat those two goofs. Who better than Kanyon? Nobody!"

Triple Threat Match for the AWF New Jersey 462lb and over Championship
Johnny Kanyon (C) vs Lance Storm vs Pentagon Dark
Bios:
Johnny Kanyon: Being one of the best technical wrestlers in the business today perhaps is why Kanyon is so confident in his ability. Who better than Kanyon? At the moment very few as he is the United States Champion. However the New Jersey native's pedigree in life doesn't match his pedigree in the ring. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he didn't convert kilograms into pounds correctly and has mistakenly dubbed himself the New Jersey 462lb and over Champion. Think WCW Kanyon, with black tights and a denim jacket with the sleeves cut off.

Entrance Theme: "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop
WCW_gab99_kanyon.jpg

Lance Storm: Pound for pound one of the best wrestlers in the AWF and indeed the World, the Canadian national, or perhaps nationalist, Storm is a very "serious" opponent for anyone. Storm has proclaimed himself the best technical wrestler on the face of the Earth. The former North American Heavyweight Champion, he'd renamed the title in accordance to the metric system to the Canadian 105kg and over Championship complete with the Maple Leaf on the title belt. Think WCW Lance Storm complete with the Maple Leaf tights.

Entrance Theme: Lance Storm's WCW theme
Lance-Storm-645x370.jpg

Pentagon Dark: This Mexican luchador is one of the best new wrestlers in the AWF. A superstar in Mexico, the dark and mysterious Pentagon is every bit as dark in the ring. A man of few words he let's his amazing in-ring ability do the talking. Think current AEW Pentagon Jr in terms of look and ability.

Entrance Theme: "Nightfear" which is a mashup of ""Thrill Switch" by Cut One (Pentagon's theme) and "NightCall" by Kavinsky
pentagon-jr-2342343.jpg
Match:
The self-proclaimed New Jersey 462lb and over champion, or is it the New Jersey 524lb and over champion as the number is ever changing and the champion can't do the math, Kanyon looks to defend his title. He'll have his work cut out for him though as former Canadian 105kg and over Champion Lance Storm and Mexican luchador enmascarado Pentagon are serious challengers to his title.

After an exciting encounter with high spots and submissions, Lance Storm regains his now Canadian 105kg and over Championship after Kanyon submits to the Canadian Maple Leaf.

Interview:
:
Josh Matthews: "Here I have with my none other than the World Tag Team Champions, the Rock n Roll Express, who defender their titles tonight against some formidable opponents."

hqdefault.jpg

Ricky Morton: "Lemme tell ya sumthin' here Josh, those other tag teams might be formidable opponents, but we're the champs and we're going to bring it to 'em. We're the five time..."

Booker T: "Five time, five time, five time, five time, five time tag team champions. Well listen here sucka, you've never beaten the Harlem Heat. You see tonight what you're dealin' with here is the brotherhood and we take what we want and tonight we're comin' for you and those belts!"

Luke Gallows: "Hold on a minute. Tonight your hands will be raised Harlem Heat, but it will be because you'll be accepting the Straight Edge Society into your life as the crusade continues tonight. Tonight you will be saved by the Straight Edge Society and..."

James Storm: "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Why don't do you guys do me a favor? Why don't you do the fans a favor? Why don't you have one of these beers and lighten up a little. Hell, you might actually get something out of tonight if you do. You might get drunk. But that's all you'll be getting tonight though because Beer Money have beaten the best of the best and tonight we're going to take back our tag team belts. So shine 'em up boys 'cause we're takin' home the gold. Sorry about your damn luck!"

AWF Intercontinental Championship match
Kota Ibushi (C) vs Pac "The Ripper"
Bios:
Kota Ibushi: Arguably the best wrestler in the World today, Ibushi is one of the AWF's biggest stars and arguably the biggest star in all of Japan where the AWF is popular as a result. Currently the Intercontinental Champion, he's held every AWF title including a brief stint as World Heavyweight Champion. Think Kota Ibushi as you've seen him the past few years.'

Entrance Theme: "I Ran" instrumental by Flock of Seagulls
Kota-Ibushi-NJPW-645x370.jpg

Pac "The Ripper: Think Pac as you see him in AEW now, but with a black cloak and black top hat that he wears to the ring. One of the best wrestlers in the AFW today, Pac is also one of the most dangerous. He uses his technical wrestling ability along with his high-flying moves, but he supplements that with a cutting edge brutality that wears down his opponents.

Entrance Theme: "In the Light" by Led Zeppelin
90a67c6db267eb69-600x400.jpg
Match:
Fan favorite and Japanese national hero Kota Ibushi faces his toughest title challenge yet as Intercontinental Champion as he takes on Pac. Already dangerous, Pac's new persona as "The Ripper", which he debuted when he attacked Ibushi at an AWF Nitro live event from Tokyo that left some in the crowd in tears, has helped the dangerous opponent realize and even darker side.

Despite launching an impressive comeback and nearly retaining his title, Ibushi eventually succumbs to Pac's "Whitehall wrench" after being hit with the "black arrow". Multiple referees have to come to the ring to get "The Ripper" to break his hold on Ibushi who lays seemingly passed out in the ring as the new champion stands over him.

Interview:
:
Josh Matthews: "Well... I'm joined here now... excuse me... I'm joined here now by Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt family. Bray Wyatt is going to be facing the American Nightmare Cody Rhodes tonight for the United States Heavyweight Championship."

hqdefault.jpg

Bray Wyatt: "American Nightmare? Nightmare? What part of your life is a nighmare Cody Rhodes? I only see what others dream of. A father who ran wrestling promotions and whose name you can live of off. A fancy car. A big house. Custom suits. A beautiful wife. No, we can't forget about Stacynow can we cousin Otis? 'Dashing' and handsome good looks. AWF tee shirts and action figures. And a gold United States Heavyweight Championship. Those things are what dreams, not nightmares, are made of. Well tonight American Nightmare, your life will become a true nightmare. Huh, heh, heh, heh, heh. The nightmare will start when I take away your shiny, gold United States Heavyweight Championship. Then you will lose your AWF tees and toys. You'll lose that fancy car and big house. You'll even lose your wife. All that will be left will be the shell of the American 'dream' in the form of your carcass. And all the people will ask 'whatever became of Cody Rhodes?' And I'll say 'follow the buzzards.'"

Fatal Fourway TLC Match for the AWF World Tag Team Championship
Rock n Roll Express (C) vs Harlem Heat vs Beer Money vs The Straight Edge Society
Bios:
Rock n Roll Express: The number tag in the AWF and in the World at the moment, The Rock n Roll Express are the five-time AWF World Tag Team Champions. With their natuarl chemistry they've turned tag team wrestling into an art form as they are masters of the quick tag and great double team moves. Their ability in the ring is match by their popularity outside the ring as wrestling fans, particularly of the female variety, blow the roof of the arena every time they come down to the ring. Think early to mid 80s Rock n Roll Express.

Entrance Theme: "Rock n Roll" by Led Zeppelin
d62b4cd7d74fafa4-600x338.jpg

Harlem Heat: One of the best tag teams in wrestling today has joined the already swollen tag team ranks of the AWF. While they've never before competed in AWF until very recently, they've been tag team champions three times in other promotions. Size, strength and speed, Harlem Heat are not only capable of standing up to any other tag team, but they're also capable of dominating teams. Think mid 90s Harlem Heat.

Entrance Theme: "Fight the Power" by NWA
Harlem_Heat_cover.jpg

Beer Money: One of the best tag teams in the business and the AWF, Beer Money are in their prime. Having won tag team titles in multiple territories, they've also been AWF World Tag Team Champions on three occasions. They've feuded with the Rock n Roll Express on more than occasion, but now find the swelling ranks of the AWF tag team division more competitive than in the past with title shots fewer and further in between.

Entrance Theme: Beer Money theme without lyrics (apart from the beginning)
beer-money.jpg

The Straight Edge Society with Serena Deeb: While The Straight Edge Society is faction consisting of CM Punk, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Serena Deeb, it's also the name that Gallows and Anderson use for their tag team. Previously just know as Anderson and Gallows, they stuttered in the lower ranks of the AWF tag team division seemingly more interested in a night out on the town than AWF Tag Team Championship. Under the guidance of CM Punk and now clean and sober they've risen up the AWF tag team ranks to being top contenders. Anderson brings the agility and skill while Gallows brings the size and strength. Their finishing moves are the "Breathalyzer" (formerly the Boot of Doom) and the "Sobriety Test" (formerly the Magic Killer). Think Luke Gallows of The Straight Edge Society partnering with Karl Anderson who is in the Joey Mercury role and Serena Deeb accompanying them to the ring.

Entrance Theme: CM Punk's "This Fire" theme by Killswitch Engage
L_JaXyXuHCMnhYSWEmZ1hWz_u16pGxM2o7yQlGkmqC85edX_IKfBeI1WFW1Ui3F6WUhBdsJz90tgxdtVjMIS2SQG4inifSl8rUjyqdDVi8srjAt1hwTocf51sXBgnk6lRpRvtEg
Match:
With the tag team titles hanging high above the ring and all tables, ladders, and chairs fair game, five-time champions The Rock n Roll Express face their toughest ever title defense against bitter rivals Beer Money, the dangerous Straight Edge Society and AWF newcomers Harlem Heat.

After a grueling encounter that sees chair shots, broken tables, high spots from ladders and even broken beer bottles, Harlem Heat win the AWF Tag Team Championship after Booker T pushes Ricky Morton's ladder over and Morton crashes into the stacked tables outside the ring while Booker T grabs the belts.

JR: "Let me tell you folks, the new champions Harlem Heat look like a force to be reckoned with here. They've got the size, speed and strength to take on anybody and were able to take it to the best tag teams in the... Wait a minute, what the hell is this?!? It's Rowan and Otis, the Wyatt Family, they're coming to the ring and there's Bo with them This is a surprise attack on the new champions and Rowan and Otis are taking it to the new champions. Harlem Heat are starting to fight back though! They're giving what's for! It's Bo stepping in here though and he delivers a ladder shot to Stevie Ray. And another for Booker T. Now the Wyatts are getting a table. Rowan has Booker T up here... powerslam through the table! And what's this? Otis with a splash off the second rope onto Booker T. He might have busted ribs! Well folks, I don't know what the hell to make of this, but the Wyatt Family seems to be setting their sites on the new tag team champions!"

Interview:
Josh Matthews: "Here we have one of the participants in tonight's Hell in a Cell, New Jack. Now before we get started here I have to say that any views of New Jack do not reflect those of the AWF, the AWF Network or any of the AWF's sponsors. So, New Jack you face the monster Kane tonight who is like a real like horror film come to life and..."

hqdefault.jpg

New Jack: "What you say? Horror film? Lemme tell you somethin'. It's always the black folk that get killed in a horror film. Always the black folk who don't survive. Then some redneck survives and is the hero because some other redneck kills the black man. Well lemme tell you somethin'. This ain't no mutha******' horror film. It's God-damned wresting match, you understand? This is gonna be a mutha******' fight! Kane may be a monster and he may think that choke slam is violence, but violence for me is takin' a can of gas and poorin' it on ya and settin' ya on fire. Then we'll really see if you from hell or from some redneck backwater in Tennessee. I'm gonna beat ya like I own ya and if you're lucky yo ass won't get set on fire."

AWF North American Championship Match
The American Nightmare Cody Rhodes (C) with Stacy Rhodes vs Bray Wyatt
Bios:
Cody Rhodes: In terms of his look he's the Cody Rhodes of AEW today, but without the neck tattoo. When he's not in the ring he's wearing a suit. In the ring he's that very same Cody Rhodes. The golden boy and "franchise" of the AFW Rhodes is primed to be World Champion someday. He's got it all too including his beautiful wife Stacy (Stacy Kielber, now Stacy Rhodes) and his shiny United States Championship.

Entrance Theme: Cody Rhodes theme "Kingdom"
94460416_834899610336126_4988522598140920307_n.jpg

Stacy Rhodes: Stacy Kiebler, now the wife of Cody Rhodes, she is considered the most beautiful woman in wrestling. Every wrestler in the AFW dreams of having a wife like Stacy. While she always accompanies Cody to the ring, she rarely if ever gets involved. Still her presence alone can prove to be more than a distraction for the American Nightmare's opponents.
13562888.jpg

Bray Wyatt: In terms of look he's the very early Bray Wyatt of Florida wrestling and TNA, but in terms of physique he's the The Fiend. New to the AWF he and his Wyatt Family have made quite the splash and his promos are like nothing the AWF fans have ever seen.

Entrance Theme: Wyatt Family theme
bray_wyatt_photostudio_2_by_windows8osx-d5h9bqb_crop_north.jpg

Bo: Bray Wyatt's brother Bo was the first member of the Wyatt Family stable. A very gifted wrestler he enjoyed a brief stint as the United States Champion, he's had little success since then. Formerly a fan favorite and always smiling, since coming under his brother's influence he never smiles anymore and in fact his long can often times hide his face altogether. However his ability in the ring has remained unaffected. In fact he's found a ruthless string never seen before in his early days in the AWF. Imagine Bo Dallas in the Wyatt family, he wears cut off jean shorts which are somewhat short and an unbuttoned flannel with the sleeves cut off.

Cousin Otis: Bray Wyatt's cousin from northwestern Florida, Otis is a newcomer to the AWF. Despite being new to the promotion, he's already well known as he's used his size to brutal effect in the few matches he's been in. Think current day Otis Dozovic, but imagine him in the Wyatt Family. He wears black trunks, a cutoff denim jacket over a cutoff white t-shirt that looks like it's seen better days.
dozovic-otis-image.jpg

Rowan: Rowan is the first Wyatt Family member to join the group who wasn't directly related to Bray Wyatt himself. However Rowan is a childhood friend of Wyatt's when they grew up together in northwestern Florida. A monster in the ring whose loyalty to Bray Wyatt is beyond question. Think Rowan of the Wyatt Family with the green jumpsuit and white sheep mask.
erickrowan.jpg

The "Black Sheep": His identity is revealed in the match notes, but the Black Sheep is an imposing figure. At 6' 6" tall he's every bit the monster he seems to be. He has semi-curly hair that is somewhat long and his bangs somewhat cover his eyes. He wears old,dirty jeans, a dirty white tank top with a cutoff army shirt jacket over it.
Match:
Having made a big splash in the AWF since the arrival of his Wyatt Family, Bray Wyatt's target has been clear from the beginning. The American Nightmare, Cody Rhodes. The champion hasn't back down from Wyatt and his "family", but the challenger has proved purposely elusive and unwilling to engage Rhodes on his terms. Stacy Rhodes, formerly Stacy Kiebler, is for the first time fearful for her husband's well being, and with good reason as Bray Wyatt is thus far an unknown quantity.

From the bell Cody takes it to Wyatt and puts on a real show. Cody is in his prime and he's just oozing confidence. However the rest of the Wyatt family, Rowan, Otis and Bo eventually head down to the ring. The Rock n Roll Express however come down to intercept them from giving Bray Wyatt a numbers advantage.

JR: "The Rock N Roll Express here are giving it to the Wyatts. Hang on a minute though folks. Who is that? It's a man with a black sheep mask on? Who the hell is that? He's got to be with the Wyatts. OH, and he just gorilla press slammed Ricky Morton onto the railing! And now he's just driven Robert into the post!" After a distracted Cody turns to face Wyatt again the challenger ducks his punch which connect with the referee. The rest of the Wyatt Family ascends into the ring.

"Cody is fighting them off here! He just knocked Otis off the apron. Bo is charging him though and... WOW, what a power slam by Cody as Bo rolls out of the ring. Rowan on the apron now, but Cody with an amazing disaster kick knocks him to the floor! But wait, that 'Black Sheep' is in the ring now and... he side slams Cody down to the mat."

"Bo helps the referee into the ring here. In the meantime Bray Wyatt has a limp Cody... Sister Abigal! Sister Abigail! And that has got to be it folks. Yes, dammit, Bray Wyatt is the new North American Heavyweight Champion."

"What the hell do they want with Stacy here now? You won the damn match, take your title and leave the damn ring. Otis has... put her down! Otis is carrying Stacy up the ramp as the Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family head to the back."

Interview:
Josh Matthews: "Well JR, speaking of that main event, I have here with me..."

CM Punk: "Yeah, why don't we speak about that main event Josh Matthews. I think everybody here knows what Sting is doing. This new schtick, this "maniacal" Sting, is just another gimmick to sell t-shirts and ice cream bars and get the little Stingers to paint their faces and put you over so management gives you this rematch Well this is still about you and about me Sting. You've been placed on a pedestal since day one. Five years ago I won my first AWF title, the North American title. The next day you, who didn't bother to say a word to me before that, patted me on the back and said 'congrats champ, I almost gave up on you.' Well who the hell are you to say that to me Sting? So I held a grudge and I did something about. I took your World Heavyweight belt..."

gimmickback.png

Sting: "Ooh! Hahahaha! You sure did take my belt Punk, but you left the ice cream bars!" Sting, somewhere in the bowels of the building, takes a big bite of his ice cream bar. "Damn, those are good, aren't they guys? What do you think Luke?" Camera turns around onto a passed out Luke Gallows with his tongue out and a beer bottle in his hand. "Whoops! Looks like Luke isn't here. I guess you were right Punk, when he drinks he turns into Festus! Hahahaha! But hey, at least he's got a drinking buddy. How's that Frose' Serena? Oh, dammit! I forgot the hair." Sting pulls out a big blonde wig and puts it on Serena Deeb's head. "Oops I did it again! Wrong one. This is your's isn't it Chad? Hahahaha. How's that Jack Daniels? Wow, he finished that fast!"

CM Punk: "What the hell are you doing Sting? You're out of your mind! You're..."

Sting: "I know, I know. Crazy? I've stepped over the line? I've taken it too far? Everybody thinks I've snapped? Well I haven't snapped! I just feel good! Come on down and join our party Punk! And remember, the only thing that's for sure about Sting... ahhh, nevermind."

Sting pours some beer into Gallows' mouth and Punk runs away from the interview to find them.

Hell in a Cell
New Jack vs Kane
Bios:
New Jack: Think New Jack from Smokey Mountain Wrestling in terms of his look and his promos. However in the ring think ECW New Jack. Unafraid to speak his mind to anyone about anything, the AWF has had to put out the disclaimer that all of New Jack's views are his own and not that of the AWF. New Jack is also unafraid of anyone and is willing to do whatever it takes to win even if it means putting himself in harm's way.

Entrance Theme: "Natural Born Killaz" by Dr Dre and Ice Cube
hqdefault.jpg

Kane:
Think Kane circa 2003 in terms of his look and physique. In fact there really isn't any difference from that Kane. The "monster" is considered the AWF's "big man" and no one strikes fear into opponents as much as he does. A former World Heavyweight Champion and United States Heavyweight Champion he's been less focused on title pursuits over time and more focused on destroying anyone that crosses his path.

Entrance Theme: Kane's WWE theme without lyrics
kane_photostudio_4_by_windows8osx-d5gtqy7.jpg
Match:
"Ladies and gentlemen, here comes New Jack to the ring and he's not alone. He's got a shopping cart, a shopping cart from the Dollar Store? Well wherever it's from, it's got some tools of New Jack's trade from what I can tell. He said he was coming straight from the ''hood' and it looks like he did. Hell, that trash can even has graffiti on it. And he just deposited the cart at the entrance tot the cage and he just threw a crutch to the top fo the cage? What the hell is he... now he's... What in the hell is New Jack doing here? He's climbing to the bop of the cage! This match is supposed to start inside the damn cage!"

"Oh my God! We know what that signals. It's that monster Kane coming down to the ring now. This match isn't going to be a slobberknocker folks, it's going be end of somebody's career and not matter how dangerous New Jack is I don't think you bet against the monster Kane. And now Kane is climbing to the top of the cage! Again, this match is supposed to be in the damn cage!
"

"That shot with the crutch has seemingly only angered Kane here. He's getting shots in on New Jack. And now what is he doing? Oh my good, he's going to choke slam New... OH MY GOD! He just choke slammed New Jack through that steel cage and down into the ring! Somebody get in there and see if he's alive dammit! Ask God is my witness he's broken in half.."

"They've got New Jack on that stretcher now and they're wheeling him up the ramp. It looks like this match and possibly New Jack's career is over here folks. Well wait, why are they stopping? What in the hell is New Jack doing up! He's making his way down the ramp again! And here come Harlem Heat out to stop him. Booker T and Stevie Ray are trying to talk some sense into New Jack but he isn't having it. He's all fired up!"

"Outside the cage here folks and I can't believe I'm saying this, but New Jack has really taken it to Kane here. He's thrown everything from that shopping cart at him except the kitchen sink! And now he's going back to the cart and he's got something wrapped in rags. Oh my God! He's got a cinder block! What's he going to do with that? He just disintegrated that cinder block on the head of Kane who is now sprawled all over my announce table!"

"Wait a minute folks. What the hell is New Jack doing at the top of that cage? What's he going to... OH MY GOD! New Jack just jumped sixteen feet from that top of the cell and landed on Kane on the announce table! I think both men must be done here! Get the officials and paramedics over here now dammnit!"

"New Jack is barely able to push that cart to the ring here now. He's parked it next to the ring and he's crawling up the steps. Kane is still... Oh my God! Kane just sat up! He just sat up like he was maybe taking a nap and nothing happened! It's as if that cinder block never disintegrated over his skull or New Jack crash-landed on him from sixteen feet above the ring! Kane making his way into the ring here. New Jack's got something in his hand here though folks. It's a staple gun! What's he going to do... Kane grabbed New Jack by the throat here and he's got him up for a choke... What in the hell! New Jack just used that staple gun on Kane's forehead! It's had almost no effect though! Is is that mask or is this monster impervious to pain? Another staple. And another. Oh, but Kane just choke slammed him."

"Kane has New Jack up here now and down! Tombstone piledriver into the ring! This may finally be it folks. Kane has crossed New Jack's arms over his chest for the cover. One... two... NO! New Jack put his foot on the rope! And Kane just tilted his head towards New Jack. If we could see under that mask I'm sure it'd be a look of disbelief. Kane going outside the ring now, and oh no, he's got those steel steps. He's going to drive them into New Jack's cranium. Where is New Jack? He rolled out of the ring but Kane didn't see where? Kane is looking and he just found him. Kane retrieving those stairs again and New Jack crawled under the ring just in time."

"New Jack from behind now as Kane doesn't see him! He's got that chain wrapped around Kane's neck and he's choking him out! He's choking him out! I think Kane is out here folks. New Jack back over to that cart and what's this? Oh my God, he's got a bottle of gin and a bottle of juice. What the hell is drinking for during a match like this with a monster like Kane?!?!?? He should be covering him."

"Kane just sat up again! He was seemingly choked out but he's up. He's headed straight for New Jack here and... OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! New Jack just spit out some of that gin and juice and used lighter to create a fireball in Kane's face! And now New Jack is on him for the cover. One.. two... three! Oh my God, New Jack has just defeated Kane in a Hell in a Cell match! Can you believe it?"

"Well folks, New Jack is now slowly walking, barely walking here, up the ramp with a cup of gin and juice. I'm positive that won't help him with his... But wait! Kane just sat up again! Oh my God! This monster who New Jack left for dead is getting to his feet! New Jack sees him now and New Jack just threw down his drink and is making his way to the back as fast as his busted up body can take him!"

AWF World Heavyweight Championship Match
CM Punk (C) vs Sting
Bios:
CM Punk: This is Straight Edge Society CM Punk with short hair and a very light beard. He's been dropping "pipe bombs" for months now and his target had been Sting who he beat for the World Heavyweight Championship. Some fans love him, some fans hate him, but he always gets a reaction.

Entrance Theme: "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour
iOYkVyCd-600x338.jpg

Sting: This is the mid-Crow era Sting in terms of his age, build and personal look (hair length), but in terms of his persona and gimmick look it's the Joker Sting of TNA. Since his return after a three month hiatus his face paint has become more and more disheveled of the past four weeks and his hair has just a hint of a green. None of his moves have "scorpion" associated with them and the scorpion death lock is now call "the killing joke."

Entrance Theme: Sting's TNA theme
4a0d4-1513235992-800.jpg
Match:
Sting is back after a three month hiatus since losing the World Heavyweight Championship to CM Punk and suffering a severe beating by the Straight Edge Society.

JR: "Well folks, the challenger Sting is about to... wait a minute, that's not Sting's music, that's CM Punk's music." ("Cult of Personality" is playing) "And that's Sting. Look at that grin on his face! And now he's signing along to the music! Well I guess it is fitting of this new Sting."

"Look it here folks, on the Titantron, it's CM Punk in the bowels of the arena with the rest of the Straight Edge Society and it looks like he's trying to revive them. He's being motioned to come out though and here he comes."

"This has been a grueling match folks and both of the mean are heavy on their feet to say the least here. And it's CM Punk with a punch right to Sting's face. But look at that look on the face of Sting! It's as if he enjoyed that. Another punch. Still that look. Another punch. Sting is laughing here. Another punch. Sting just told Punk to hit him again! Another punch! Sting just told him that's more like it. Sting is out of his mind here."

"And what did Sting just pull out of his tights here? I'll be damned, it's one of those little bottles of vodka! He's got CM Punk, who has just suffered multiple Stinger splashes, by the hair here and he's pouring it down his throat here! Oh, and he just delivered the Death Drop!"

"Sting with the Killing Joke here on CM Punk and.... referee is looking for the tap.... and he did it, CM Punk just tapped out to Sting! Sting has regained his World Heavyweight Championship! I have to tell you though folks, this is not a Sting we've ever seen before and I don't know if this crowd here in Milwaukee knows what to think of him."

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
VS

GongShowWilly:

GSWWWF 2020

After last years tragic PPV on the Titanic , some of the passengers made it on to lifeboats , some of them did not . The survivors floated at sea for days....
But luckily , 2 Baywatch lifeguards were on board - International signing star , actor , lifeguard- David Hasselhoff and Canadian beauty , actress , lifeguard- Pamela Anderson . These two helped the castaways survive , until they found land.
tenor.gif

Unfortunately the castaways landed on Skull Island , home of some restless natives ,and one in particular King Kong Bundy who rules the island . Now these castaways are faced with a survival wrestling challenge against these restless natives. Everything is on the line ,who will come out on top ??King Kong has told the restless natives that the first one of them that loses a match against the castaways will be thrown into the volcano !!!! Wrestling is their national sport !
kong-skull-island-done2299-jpg.345084

Live from Skull Island - GSWWWF presents - Survivor Island - Reign of Kong !!! the Castaways VS the restless natives
Our commentators tonight are none other than 2 of the finest ….. Bob Uecker and Pee Wee Herman
Bob " There is no baseball on this island , so it was either this or commentate on some restless native sport , that uses a severed human head as the ball "
Pee Wee " I'm excited to be here , I loved Pamela's home movie where she was on the boat , with that huge snake !! "
Bob " Looks like I made the wrong choice "
There are rumors that a member or members of the castaways , have been offered money to get rid of certain restless natives , that have disgraced Kong . This is must see TV .

island-banner-done222-png.345089

Match 1 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - round 1 ……. falls count anywhere for the first round - Talk Show Mania !! Live from The Piper's Pit - Joe VS the Volcano - The guest tonight is none other than the crappy big dog or better known as local prodigy, restless native Joe Anoa'i . He will be facing the Rowdy one , on his own turf in the pit …. Rowdy Roddy Piper .

Match 2 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - round 1 ……. falls count anywhere for the first round - Talk Show Mania !! Next on the set of The Flower Shop - Guest tonight , The Samoan Bulldozer - Umaga , obviously a restless native VS the original diva … flowers , drag and all , Adrian Adonis .
pipers-pit-done-jpg.345090
flower-shop-finish2-jpg.345091

Match 3 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - round 1 ……. Talk Show Mania !! Welcome to The Barber Shop …. loser gets his head shaved …….Brutus The Barber Beefcake with his guest , restless native , Jimmy Superfly Snuka.

Match 4 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - round 1 ……. Talk Show Mania !! The restless natives own show , #1 show on Skull Island , Carlito's Cabana who has called out his special guest tonight …. The loose cannon Brian Pillman . He will take on "Cool" Carlito.
barber-shop-finish2-jpg.345093
carlitos_cabana-finish2-jpg.345094

After his loss to Piper .... first of the night , Joe is picked up , carried up the mountain and tossed into the volcano by the restless natives , they missed ,by about 10 feet
Bob : " Just a bit outside …. "
King Kong picks him up , throws in him into the volcano …… the restless natives rejoice !!! Maybe that will satisfy the mountain for awhile .
Pee Wee " ha ha ha ha , I'm hungry "
tlZS4vb.gif

Match 5 - Headhunters & Tigers & Bears … Oh My !
Mr.T has wanted to prove himself as a legit wrestler for years . Rowdy Roddy Piper set him up to train with the best ! Mr.T has spent the last few months in the legendary Hart Dungeon . Stu Hart has been twisting and turning Mr.T daily . His screams could be heard throughout the Hart mansion .
Now , stuck on the Island with the other castaways , Mr.T is looking for a match . Piper has arranged his first comeback match … a 3 on 1 handicap match !
Mr.T - managed by Stu Hart VS The Ugandan Headhunter Kamala & Sasha the Tiger & Terrible Ted the Bear
jungle-finish2-jpg.345096

Match 6 - Survivor 4 tag team single elimination tournament - round 1 - the semi finals
The British Bulldogs
with Matilda VS from the restless natives - the Headshrinkers with their new manager Beetlejuice .
Matilda chasing Beetlejuice around the ring , right off the start .
Bob " It looks like the Headshrinkers already shrunk their managers head ?? I need to find a way off this Island. "

Match7 - Survivor 4 tag team single elimination tournament - round 1 - the semi finals
Enzo and Big Cass - FreeAgentZ
VS Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus - The Jurassic Express , members of the castaways .
2 good tag teams , both with a " big guy " and " little guy " .

Match 8 - Ladies Championship
The Viper - Piper Niven
VS Mrs. Aja Kong - the Queen of Skull Island and the restless natives.
After the match , the restless natives kidnap the blonde Piper Niven to offer to King Kong . After carrying her for awhile , they find she is too heavy to carry up the mountain side , so they dropped her and picked up Pam Anderson. The Hoff and Pee Wee tried to intervene , but the restless natives were too much for them. Pamela is tied up on top of the mountain as a sacrifice to the Kong .

Match 9 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - Semi Finals
Rowdy Roddy Piper VS
restless native - The Samoan Bulldozer - Umaga

Match 10 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - Semi Finals
Flyin' Brian Pillman VS
restless native - Jimmy Superfly Snuka

Snuka was pinned after Flyin' Brian claimed a 100ft palm tree .... and splashed him ...... Piper chased Snuka to the top of the mountain , Joe crawls out of the volcano , a bloody mess, and pulls Jimmy Snuka down with him .

Match 11 - Survivor Tag Team Final
The British Bulldogs
with Matilda VS restless natives , Jungle Boy & Luchasaurus - The Jurassic Express

Match 12 - Reign of Kong - King of the Mountain Match - someone has to save Pam , no one better than the biggest castaway
The Big Show - in his corner , his cousin Pee Wee Herman and The Hoff - David Hasselhoff VS King Kong Bundy - King of the restless natives.

Match 13 - Survivor 8 man single elimination tournament - Final
For the first time tonight , two castaways will face off against each other !!! In the final .…. Kong is not happy , with the castaways .
Rowdy Roddy Piper VS The Loose Cannon Brian Pillman
main-event-done1-jpg.345101

Match 14 - Main Event -
for the pure wrestling fans , Dave Meltzer would rate this match 10 stars , cream your pants good …….
Okada and the restless natives need rain for their crops , the castaways want sunshine for the beach
GSWWF Champion - The Sun , Daniel Bryan VS Skull Island Champion - The Rainmaker Kazuchika Okada

Rowdy Roddy Piper - Winner of the Survivor Challenge is pissed because he was not paid by Kong for getting rid of the rats and satisfing the volcano !
the Piper plays his bag pipes , and all the native kids follow him .
the-end-finish22-jpg.345102

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Well this is certainly an interesting matchup...

BostonBob: I like most of these wrestlers and some of these matches really stand out, like Bockwinkel - McGuinness and Martel - Anderson, to me. Rougeaus vs Varsity Club is also a good one. I would have preferred if you'd included whatever writeup you did create as I'm willing to read and generally interested in anything that the GMs put out there. My primary issue is that I have a strong preference for new match ups. Cesaro - Barrett has been done on TV a few times and I've certainly seen Flair vs Perfect. I'm quite high on three of those four wrestlers but I'd rather see them in something new. It's a small thing but this is still a good card that I would be interested in watching.

Leshabs: I respect the work that went into this. Ibushi vs Pac is a potential classic and one of the top matches in this draft. I really like the triple threat too, giving Kanyon a deserved rub. Nice to see Art Barr featured again. Kane vs New Jack is certainly interesting, and I did get a laugh at New Jack's promo. Two gripes I have are that I don't care for Sting with the Joker gimmick, even if it's when Sting was still in his prime. I also don't care for Wyatt, so his match with Rhodes doesn't appeal to me. Respect to Rhodes for going from Brandi to Keibler though. I also enjoyed Anderson and Gallows being "saved" by Punk. Straight Edge Society era Punk is underrated.

GongShowWilly: A madman, unsurprisingly. I like the continuation of the theme from last year. It doesn't sway my vote at all but I am easily impressed by the art. It's certainly creative and very out there, but there are also some top notch matches that take place. In particular the main event has potential to be an all time classic. I'd like to see a little bit more context for Piper vs Pillman as well because it could be completely insane, though the matchup itself is a good one. I figured that I was the only one to kill off some wrestlers this year but it looks like we both did.

Reactions: les Habs

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Well this is certainly an interesting matchup...

BostonBob: I like most of these wrestlers and some of these matches really stand out, like Bockwinkel - McGuinness and Martel - Anderson, to me. Rougeaus vs Varsity Club is also a good one. I would have preferred if you'd included whatever writeup you did create as I'm willing to read and generally interested in anything that the GMs put out there. My primary issue is that I have a strong preference for new match ups. Cesaro - Barrett has been done on TV a few times and I've certainly seen Flair vs Perfect. I'm quite high on three of those four wrestlers but I'd rather see them in something new. It's a small thing but this is still a good card that I would be interested in watching.

I sent you a detailed review of my card and can do so for anybody else that wants it. As for the match-ups - originally I had Flair going up against Bockwinkel but then decided to use Bockwinkel as part of my angle ( you'll have to read my review to find out ;) ) with McGuiness.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
@JackSlater Where's the love for Y2L? Do you know how hard it was for me to not try and slip in a Jericho in front of the titantron gif?

I wrote my comment a few hours after I first read the cards but when I first read it I definitely did notice Lane and I did get a laugh out of Lenny Lane doing his best Jericho. Perhaps I should have taken him and had him as the miraculous lovechild of Jericho and Christian? Too bad Lodi wasn't there or we'd be talking about the premier mudshow of 2020. Quite a secret pick.

Speaking of which, with no write up Boston Bob's secret pick isn't actually on the card, though I've seen who it is.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
This is a tough one.

BostonBob:
At first glance your card seems lacking, until read the review you sent. I really enjoy the tone and gimmicks being decidedly old school. There are some matches that have happened but I think the fresh direction you took them saves that a bit. I do wish Cesaro had a higher spot on the card.
Martel, Windham, Flair, McGuinness and Dillon is a great team, I especially like Martel getting the rub there. I also really like the Arn storyline of him becoming a rogue babyface and the gaga you put into Andre vs Brody. Good stuff here.

les Habs:
I enjoy the effort put in here with the bios but I think the bios and the match play by play is a bit overkill. I would have gone with just write ups and no play by play but that's me. That being said, I like some of the match ups and characters used. SES/Nexux Punk hybrid is good and I'm pleased you kept him and Wyatt apart. Sting would be a good opponent for Punk although I think Joker Sting is his more forgettable persona.
PAC vs Ibushi has great potential as already said and I like the use of Art Barr. I do think evening gown match is an odd stipulation choice to settle a personal feud. Overall a decent effort but I do think you've had better showings in previous years.

GongShowWilly:
My nemesis has come up with a totally insane concept and I enjoy it. It's made me laugh if nothing else and I appreciate that it's more grounded (somehow) than previous "out there" concepts and cards. You also manage to make some interesting match ups despite the wacky concept like Bryan/Okada and Pillman/Carlito. I also enjoy that we somehow have two cards to feature CBS hit show Survivor.

Reactions: les Habs

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
BostonBob:
I do wish Cesaro had a higher spot on the card.

I always like an opening match of a PPV to be just a straight up match - no titles, no angles and usually involving wrestlers with a wide variety of technical moves. By the way - I switched Cesaro and McGuiness at the last minute. I just thought McGuiness needed to be in a stable more than Cesaro did.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Even if we've seen some of Boston Bob's matches in real life, I'm sorry I couldn't vote for it. I'd watch it all day. All 3 cards are worthy

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
@les Habs - I LOVED the Bliss w/ Robert Stone thing. Those 2 could be magical. Kota/Pac. COME ON.

But Cody/Bray should damn near be the main event. I really think it would steal the show in terms of storytelling.

@BostonBob has such a great historical mind for wrestling. His mega card looks legit like an all-timer. It actually makes me want to pop in a VHS and just watch the purist simple wrestling. I have so much love for this card.

@GongShowWilly - thank you for being unique. I always go with the boring mega card. You took something and spinned it into a magical event. DB is probably my favorite wrestler of all time next to HBK and Jericho. They are my top 3. Austin/Rock round that 5.

I went with Bob because there is just something so pure. But I would have probably liked to buy a ticket and experience Les Habs/GSW more.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@BostonBob : I appreciate you sending the full details of your card and I think you should post them here. While on one hand it's not how I'd have used some of the guys in the storyline (like Double A,but I like how you wrote it, and Bockwinkel as both are consummate heels for me, especially the latter), on the other more importantly it means the card makes more sense. Either way full credit for your creativity. I think you've got some interesting matchups here, Muta vs Koloff being one that I'd want to see just based on having watched them both back in the day and being a big Muta fan. I'd also be open to Flair vs Hennig if I found the storyline to it more compelling. Of course that match and the Barrett-Cesaro match have already happened and it's sort of an unwritten rule that you don't go down that road. Still I like that you have a storyline that goes through the card and you have a lot of talented guys that I like even if it meant I couldn't draft them.

@GongShowWilly : Well you definitely were creative yet again. I honestly don't know where you come up with this stuff. I can't even be mad at you that you stole my Ugandan giant away. There was a ton to consume, but it was a fun read and I was LOLing at a few bits. One thing you deserve credit for is getting a lot of wrestlers to fit the theme. Perhaps not all were going to be targeted early on, but that's quite the cast for your storyline. For me though what I would hope people don't miss out on here is the matchups. Bryan-Okada and Piper-Pillman are fantastic. Even The Bulldogs vs The Headshrinkers is intriguing and a lot of your other matches make sense if not for the card just in general.

Reactions: GongShowWilly

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
A few things on my card that I didn't cover below:
  • The Major Wrestling Figure Podcast thing is just something I've grown to enjoy. I wanted to included @GongShowWilly and draft him, but I wasn't allowed.
  • I liked the Laurel van Ness gimmick from TNA when I came across during the picks stage and decided to add a women's match. I love Alexa Bliss (so much for a guy not liking women's wrestling) and thought of the idea. Made for a nice way to tie in the Major Wrestling Figure Podcast without just having the podcast on the card on it's own.
  • Shocked my "Ratings Rumble" didn't get more commentary, and negative commentary at that. I've had the idea of a Rumble/battle royale type match since my first year doing this as I noticed all the talent sitting out there. Anyway, I purposely kept it to 60 second entrances to keep it shorter. I also put in the introductions/bios as for me arguably the best part of such a match is when the next guy comes out. That said I wanted to add some variety while also putting some guys I like or think are underrated. Also gave me an option to do the whole Lenny Lane/Jericho thing.
  • Casket match wasn't going to be hair vs mask and IMO didn't need to be, but I added it because I figured people might not get the "why" around it otherwise. Either way it's influenced by the Lucha Underground one with I believe Rey Fenix, but definitely different here with Barr and the Catrina swerve being in the match.
  • Triple threat maybe didn't need to be, but it works for me. It's more about Kanyon and Storm, but Pentagon fits the match and it's the North American Championship so I like to include Mexico, Canada and New Jersey.
  • Ibushi-Pac was about the matchup first and foremost, but as I've used it before, I like the "Jack the Ripper" idea and I think Pac works for that gimmick.
  • I had watched the famous Fatal Fourway TLC match leading up to the draft or while we were drafting. Didn't want to to four tag teams in a match again this year, but they were all out there and I was going to use Gallows and Anderson for the Straight Edge Society. On top of that I think they'd all show up really well in that sort of match.
  • I just love this Hell in a Cell match. I don't love the match type alone and not ever Hell in a Cell was great. In fact I found only a few to be to my liking. However I thought New Jack really fits the match and plays the Mick Foley to some degree. I also liked the storyline idea. I really just wanted to draft New Jack though and Kane was out there and then it all came together. I'm sure some won't love it, but I think New Jack off the top of the cell would be one of those crazy moments you'd never forget.

Leshabs: I respect the work that went into this. Ibushi vs Pac is a potential classic and one of the top matches in this draft. I really like the triple threat too, giving Kanyon a deserved rub. Nice to see Art Barr featured again. Kane vs New Jack is certainly interesting, and I did get a laugh at New Jack's promo. Two gripes I have are that I don't care for Sting with the Joker gimmick, even if it's when Sting was still in his prime. I also don't care for Wyatt, so his match with Rhodes doesn't appeal to me. Respect to Rhodes for going from Brandi to Keibler though. I also enjoyed Anderson and Gallows being "saved" by Punk. Straight Edge Society era Punk is underrated.

Thanks for the commentary and taking the time to read the card and I appreciate your thoughts. To cover the whole Sting Joker gimmick, I knew it wouldn't go down well with some and probably a majority. That said I loved it and I think it's Sting's best work outside the ring despite TNA's production values. He did multiple promos/vignettes where he was clearly into the character and where he stole the show. I think it pairs well back to a Punk who beat the Crow Sting having delivered "pipebombs" in the process. Of course it's all subjective and I doubt I'd convince anyone, but I think that character is worth another look if you can get past some of the production values and the people he was working with.

I also quite like Bray Wyatt (not The Fiend). I think he's good enough in the ring, but the build with Rhodes (which I could/should have fleshed out more) for me would be quite good as both can deliver a promo. And I'm sort of glad you drafted Brandi.

les Habs:
I enjoy the effort put in here with the bios but I think the bios and the match play by play is a bit overkill. I would have gone with just write ups and no play by play but that's me. That being said, I like some of the match ups and characters used. SES/Nexux Punk hybrid is good and I'm pleased you kept him and Wyatt apart. Sting would be a good opponent for Punk although I think Joker Sting is his more forgettable persona.
PAC vs Ibushi has great potential as already said and I like the use of Art Barr. I do think evening gown match is an odd stipulation choice to settle a personal feud. Overall a decent effort but I do think you've had better showings in previous years.

Thanks for taking the time and I appreciate the thoughts. I definitely disagree about the bios. They're generally pretty short, not far off what I would consider the "bios" in your card actually, and I think I personally appreciate knowing which wrestler I get. However I do agree with the play by play. I'd like to edit down the match descriptions overall going forward. The play by play is purposeful though and you'll know I didn't use it everywhere. For me it's a way of telling you some of what happened in a match like the Hell in a Cell which I think is important considering the spots I put in it.

For me the evening gown match doesn't settle the feud as I think it's very open to continue. I used it first and foremost for the Chelsea Green character influenced of course by the Laurel van Ness gimmick from TNA. Also though, it's a different match type that we seldom see so I thought I'd give it a go.

As for previous years, I don't disagree, but I feel like they're all on a similar level. I think this is better than my first card though. This year was tough. I think everyone has largely had better cards in the past and it's all a testament to how tough this year's draft was.

@les Habs - I LOVED the Bliss w/ Robert Stone thing. Those 2 could be magical. Kota/Pac. COME ON.

But Cody/Bray should damn near be the main event. I really think it would steal the show in terms of storytelling..

Thanks for taking the time and for your thoughts. Totally agree on Cody/Bray. In fact it was going to be just before the main event, but I moved it down one spot because I wanted to space out the variety of matches and not have a Hell in a Cell immediately after a Fatal Fourway TLC match. Also though, I really love this Hell in a Cell matchup and I think it's compelling so it was OK in that slot. Anyway, again, I think the build to Cody/Bray would be great. I should have fleshed it out a bit more, maybe with their respective fathers, but it's also a match that probably needs no explanation.

Last edited:

theedge9

May 21, 2018
I took my time with these cards. Honestly, they are like apples and oranges! I don't think you could have 3 different cards in this bracket. There were lots of things I liked and a few I didn't like in each card.

@BostonBob I thought your card was very well written. I feel like you have the reader just enough detail to know the theme of each match, but still allowed the reader to have an imagination for how the match will actually flow.
I LOVED your use of Martell in both matches.
When he showed up in the main event, you had me legit pop.
I would have liked to see Martell's main match a bit higher on he card, because that was dynamite!
Your Freebirds match also did a great job to set the tone.

@les Habs This was a really creative card! There was a lot of variety. I, surprisingly, really enjoyed your Women's match. It's nice to see Chelsea Green highlighted in such a way. I think she is kinda underrated.
Your main event speaks for itself. I thought that was an interesting match up, and am surprised it hasn't happened in real life. Straight Edge Society Punk is actually my favorite Punk, because he's so cringey lol. I like the inclusion of his faction as well.
I enjoyed the bios. I thought it was great to put what way you're using each wrestler into context, but I did find the match descriptions and interviews a little wordy. I also think you did a great job including pictures of each wrestler in the context you were using them. This did help me picture exactly what you were referring to.

@GongShowWilly Oh man! What a card! I agree with @HandsomeHollywood that you did a GREAT job with an out there theme. You had both some hilarious and creative references within your card. You also made use of some incredible talent! Your Piper v Pillman match would have me glued to my seat. I also enjoyed the theme of Piper's Pit. You had fun making your card and it shows!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm posting my card results here for one final chance to get some votes.

Review of Beatdown in Beantown PPV

- show opens with video highlights of all the wrestlers and matches on the card before we get to Tony Schiavone and David Crockett at the announcing booth.
- Schiavone and Crockett discuss the card before sending it over to Charly Caruso who is about to interview the BBCW World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair
- cut to Caruso standing outside Flair's dressing room. You can clearly tell that there is some sort of loud argument going on inside when suddenly the door slams open and Arn Anderson storms out. Caruso asks Anderson what he was doing in Flair's dressing room but he just glares at her and walks away. Just then JJ Dillon grabs the door handle and slams the door shut before Caruso can ask him or Flair about what had just happened.

Match #1

Cesaro vs Wade Barrett

This match features former tag team partners who recently broke up after multiple failed attempts at winning the BBCW World Tag Team titles. BBCW fans expected a classic technical match and were not disappointed as both wrestlers matched hold for hold for the first few minutes. Schiavone mentioned that this is the type of match that usually ends right after one participant makes a mistake and sure enough Cesaro finally capitalized on a Barrett mistake. Barrett had Cesaro up for his finishing hold ( the forward fireman's carry slam ) but Cesaro managed to slip out and deliver 3 brutal European Uppercuts and then used the Ricola Bomb to win the match. Afterwards Barrett refused to shake Cesaro's hand and left the ring.

WINNER: Cesaro ( 6:33 )

Match #2

The Fabulous Freebirds vs Stan Lane and Chris Candido

On last week's episode of BBCW Saturday Night Charly Caruso was interviewing Stan Lane outside the locker rooms. Lane said he was the main reason that both The Fantastics and The Midnight Express teams were so successful. Lane added that he could take anybody as a partner and beat the top teams right now in BBCW. Michael Hayes and Jimmy Garvin then appeared and argued that Lane was never the best wrestler on any of his teams and then challenged him to find a partner to face the Freebirds at the upcoming Beatdown in Beantown PPV. Lane said that he would team with the next guy that came out of the locker room and The Freebirds just laughed. The locker room door opened and Chris Candido walked out. Lane didn't exactly look thrilled but the match was set - The Fabulous Freebirds would face Lane and Candido.

Although Lane and Candido are both great tag team wrestlers this match was the first time that they had teamed together. And this was apparent early on as The Freebirds kept capitalizing on their opponents unfamiliarity with each other. After a few minutes Lane and Candido finally started clicking as a team so The Freebirds resorted to stalling and using dirty tactics. But Lane and Candido were looking good until Lane twisted his knee attempting a savate kick on Garvin. From then on Hayes and Garvin worked over Lane's left knee until he finally was forced to submit.

WINNERS: The Freebirds ( 8:07 )

Charly Caruso was about to start her interview with Nick Bockwinkel when JJ Dillon appeared. Dillon said that because Bockwinkel was a former World Champion he was exactly the type of wrestler that Dillon wanted to join forces with him and Flair. Dillon added that they were about to start something really big tonight and if Bockwinkel was smart he would want to be on their side. Bockwinkel politely declined saying that he now preferred going solo. Dillon then reminded Bockwinkel that his best success came in the past when he had a Manager and that Dillon could help him rise up the ranks once again. This seemed to irritate Bockwinkel who looked Dillon straight in the eyes and repeated that he did not need or want a Manager and then walked away. Caruso then tried to get a comment from Dillon but he walked off too.

Match #3

Nick Bockwinkel vs Nigel McGuiness

This was a slow paced methodical match and went back and forth with each wrestler dominating for brief periods. At about the 7 minute mark Bockwinkel threw McGuiness into the corner accidentally knocking down the ref. While both McGuiness and the ref struggled to make it to their feet JJ Dillon walked to ringside and just stood there staring at Bockwinkel. Now completely ignoring both his opponent and the ref Bockwinkel yelled at Dillon that he was his own man now and to get the hell away from the ring. Suddenly Ric Flair appeared at the opposite side of the ring and handed McGuiness some brass knuckles. McGuiness immediately jumped up and hit Bockwinkel in the back of the head with the brass knuckles. Bockwinkel fell like he had been shot and McGuiness covered him and hooked his right leg. Flair then slapped the ref a couple of times and then returned to the back with Dillon. The ref slowly crawled over to the wrestlers and made the 3 count as the fans booed loudly.

Winner: Nigel McGuiness ( 8:37 )

Match #4

Jerry Lawler vs Big Bubba Rogers ( Memphis Street Fight )

This was not a wrestling match but a brawl from start to finish. Both men used dirty tactics right after the opening bell and after a few minutes both were bleeding. At one point Rogers got Lawler tied up in the ropes and then went to ringside and grabbed a steel chair. The ref tried to grab it away from Rogers but Rogers just swatted him away and started to use the chair on Lawler. He hit Lawler a few times in the gut and then started to go to work on Lawler's legs. Once Rogers thought Lawler was out on his feet he tossed the chair outside the ring before untangling Lawler from the ropes and going for the pin. But Lawler kicked out at 2 and then went on the offensive. He got Rogers in the corner and started laying in some strong punches. Once Rogers went down Lawler took off one of his cowboys boots and started hitting Rogers in the head. The ref tried to get the boot away from Lawler but the King just tossed the ref aside and kept hitting Rogers with the boot. At this point Rogers pushed Lawler away and took off one of his cowboys boots. Now both men were standing in the middle of the ring taking turns hitting their bloody opponent with a cowboy boot. The ref kept trying to restore order but Rogers and Lawler took turns pushing him away. The ref tried one more time to get the wrestlers to stop using their boots as weapons but this time Rogers angrily threw the ref through the ropes and onto the concrete floor. The ref now realized that he had lost total control of this match and signalled for the bell to ring. At this point a bunch of wrestlers ran into the ring trying to break up the fight but now Lawler and Rogers seemed more focused on attacking the wrestlers who were trying to stop their fight. Finally a few of the wrestlers managed to get Rogers out of the ring and back to the locker rooms. Lawler stood in the ring a bloody mess but the fans reaction made it seem as though they thought Lawler had won.

No Winner: Double Disqualification ( 9:22 )

Charly Caruso was set to interview JJ Dillon.
Caruso: So JJ...if I may call you that.
Dillon: I prefer that you call me Mr. Dillon
Caruso: OK Mr. Dillon - can you please explain the situation that took place inside Ric Flair's locker room at the start of this PPV ( footage of what happened is now shown )

Just then Arn Anderson comes out to confront Dillon.

Anderson: Yes JJ - tell everybody just what happened.
Dillon: Well Arn I would much rather discuss this with you in private but since that doesn't seem to be what you want I'll tell everybody just what happened. You came into Ric's locker room to see just what the plan was for you tonight and that's when we both told you that you are on your own here in BBCW. Listen - our time with the Horsemen was great and I love you like family but it's time to move on. Obviously you didn't like what we had to say and that's when you stormed out.
Anderson: So that's it ???? All the stuff we went through in the past means nothing to you guys ???
Dillon: Dammit Arn - of course all that time we spent together riding up and down the highways still means a lot to me and to Ric but we just feel it's time to go in a different direction. Listen - shouldn't you be getting ready for your match with Martel ???
Anderson: Well apparently that's no longer of any concern to you.

Anderson walks away and then Dillon leaves in the opposite direction.

Match #5

Arn Anderson vs Rick Martel

Anderson started out strongly here keeping Martel on the mat with several Ground and Pound moves.Twice Anderson went for a quick pin but Martel easily kicked out both times. Finally Martel grabbed the bottom rope which caused the ref to call for a break. After a bit of offense Martel managed to hook Anderson in the Boston Crab and the ref kept checking to see if he would give up which he did not. Anderson got to the ropes and the ref made Martel break the hold. Martel threw Anderson into the ropes and ducked his head attempting to deliver a backdrop but Anderson stopped in time and delivered a DDT. Anderson pinned Martel and the ref counted 1...2....but Martel kicked out. Anderson started arguing with the ref that it should have been a 3 count but then Martel spun Anderson around and put him in a small package for the win. Anderson was furious because it was clear that Martel had used his trunks for leverage but the ref explained that he could not call what he did not see.

Winner: Rick Martel ( 7:47 )

Match #6

The Great Muta ( Champion ) vs Nikita Koloff for the BBCW Television Championship

It was obvious that Gary Hart's game plan for this match was for The Great Muta to use his speed to offset Koloff's strength advantage. Muta continuously kept Koloff on the defensive by delivering quick strikes with both his hands and feet and then moving out of range so Koloff could not counterattack. At one point Muta concentrated on Koloff's left knee which was recently injured by Muta's stablemate Bruiser Brody. Once Koloff went down Muta delivered a shining wizard which was the beginning of the end for the Russian Nightmare. Muta probably could have pinned Koloff at this point but decided to make sure by using a Moonsault. Koloff was now an easy pin but Gary Hart instructed Muta to inflict more punishment which Muta did by delivering one more Moonsault.

Winner: The Great Muta ( 5:43 )

Match #7

Barry Windham ( Champion ) vs The Masked Superstar for the BBCW North American Championship

Windham and The Masked Superstar had been feuding over the BBCW North American title for the last few months and after Windham's last victory over The Masked Superstar he declared that it was time to find new challengers. The Masked Superstar went to the BBCW Commissioner ( BostonBob ) and asked for one more match before finally agreeing to this stipulation - if he lost this upcoming match to Windham he would get no further Championship matches as long as Windham was Champion.

The Masked Superstar came out strong like you would expect from someone who might be getting their last shot at a title. Windham just could not seem to muster any sustained offense. The Masked Superstar threw Windham into a corner and smashed his head 3 times onto the top turnbuckle. With Windham still groggy The Masked Superstar went for his finishing hold - the Cobra Clutch. Windham seemed to be mere seconds away from losing consciousness but when the ref got down to make sure it wasn't a choke hold Windham grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him into The Masked Superstar. After a few well placed kicks and punches Windham brought The Masked Superstar over to a corner and hoisted him onto the top turnbuckle. Windham them climbed to the top, took a few seconds to savour the moment and then delivered the Superplex.

Winner: Barry Windham ( 8:13 )

Match #8

The last few weeks Gary Hart has tried to convince Andre to join his stable. Hart told Andre that he could easily make him the BBCW World Heavyweight Champion. Andre kept refusing the offer and Hart kept getting more frustrated. Last week on BBCW Saturday Night Charly Caruso was interviewing Hart about the Fabulous Rougeaus title defense at the Beatdown in Beantown PPV when she asks him about Andre. Hart smiled at her and said that obviously Andre is just not smart enough to realize just how much Hart could help him. At this point Andre stormed in and grabbed Hart by his collar and yelled that he was Andre the freaking Giant and he doesn't need any help in winning his matches. Bruiser Brody ran in and hit Andre in the back with a garbage can several times until Andre finally released his grip on Hart. Hart and Brody then quickly retreated before Andre could get back to his feet. Shortly after BBCW Commissioner BostonBob announces that Andre will face Brody at the upcoming PPV.

Andre the Giant vs Bruiser Brody

Andre makes a critical mistake even before the match starts. He turns his back on Brody and tries to get at Gary Hart. Brody uses this opportunity to attack Andre from behind and drive him into the corner. From there Brody keeps Andre on the defensive as he keeps laying punches into Andre's midsection. Finally Andre musters up enough strength to push Brody away and then go on the offensive. After a few clubbing blows to Brody's back Andre throws Brody into the corner and then charges in driving his full weight into Brody. After doing this 2 more times Andre smiles as Brody crumples to the mat. Andre climbs up to the middle turn buckle in order to jump onto Brody's prone body when suddenly Gart Hart grabs Andre's boot. Andre roars with frustration but then pulls Hart into the ring before landing several big blows to Hart's chest and back. Suddenly the Great Muta rushes in but Andre just scoops him up and delivers a huge bodyslam. Andre then places Gary Hart on top of Brody and then Muta on top on Hart and then sits on all three. The ref makes the 3 count and Andre raises his hands in victory. The fans start screaming at Andre trying to warn him that Abdullah is climbing into the ring.

David Crockett: What the hell is Abdullah the Butcher doing here - he doesn't even work for BBCW !!!!
Tony Schiavone: That's true but he has been aligned with Gary Hart in the past.

Abdullah hits Andre in the back of the head and Andre falls on his knees. Abdullah stays on the attack and keeps hitting Andre with chops in the neck and face. Now Brody and The Great Muta are back on their feet and they quickly join in on the brutal attack. Finally Abdullah grabs one of Andre's arms while Brody grabs the other and The Great Muta stands in front of Andre. Just as Muta is about to blow the dreaded red mist into Andre's face Andre pulls Abdullah in front of him and Abdullah gets hit with the red mist. Now blinded Abdullah starts swinging wildly and hits Brody a couple of times before Brody starts swinging back. While Gary Hart tries to break up the still blinded Abdullah and Brody, Andre bodyslams The Great Muta one more time before leaving the ring. Hart is having no luck in separating Abdullah ( who can now clearly see who he is hitting ) and Brody and calls for reinforcements. The Fabulous Rougeaus run into the ring and Hart, Muta and the Rougeaus manage to get Brody out of the ring. At this point it is obvious that if Abdullah was here as an ally to Gary Hart and his stable that is no longer happening. After wiping his eyes with a towel Abdullah left the ring to scattered cheers.

Winner: Andre the Giant ( 6:55 )

Match #9

The Fabulous Rougeaus ( Champions ) vs Rick Steiner and Mike Rotunda for the BBCW World Tag Team Championship

This match got off to a frantic start as Jacques Rougeau attacked Rotunda from behind before the bell had even sounded sounded and clearly used the ropes for leverage trying to get a quick 3 count. The ref finally got a clean start to the match and it soon became obvious that the Rougeaus were willing to do just about anything to keep their BBCW Tag Team titles. Using quick tags the Rougeaus used their speed and quickness to keep Steiner and Rotunda on the defensive. Finally the challengers make a fatal mistake - Rick Steiner accidentally hits his partner with a forearm meant for Raymond Rougeau which sends Rotunda outside the ring. Quickly seizing this opportunity the Rougeaus used some double-team tactics to weaken Steiner before using La Bombe de Rougeau to finish the match.

Winners: The Fabulous Rougeaus ( 9:02 )

Match #10

Ric Flair ( Champion ) vs Curt Hennig for the BBCW World Heavyweight Championship ( Steel Cage match )

Flair and Hennig both came out like they wanted the match to be over quickly. Flair started out by getting Hennig into a corner and laying in his trademark chops which were followed by his trademark " WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!! ". Hennig finally got out of the corner and started working on Flair's legs in order to negate the Figure Four. After a few minutes Hennig had Flair in position for the Perfect Plex but Flair managed to grab hold of the middle rope so Hennig could not execute his finisher. Hennig then picked up Flair for a bodyslam but one of Flair's legs hits the ref knocking him down. Hennig then tried the Perfect Plex and this time he completes the move - the crowd roars anticipating a BBCW World title change. Hennig covered Flair and the crowd counts 1...2...3 but the ref is still lying on the mat. All of a sudden the cage starts to slowly risie up and then Nigel McGuiness and Barry Windham both climb into the ring and start attacking Curt Hennig. Jerry Lawler and The Masked Superstar then run in to help Hennig. As these 4 men were fighting on one side of the ring Flair gets back up and puts a dazed Hennig into the Figure Four. Rick Martel then enters the ring and Flair immediately lets go of the hold. Flair and Martel stare at each other before Martel turns and kicks Hennig in the Hennig family jewels. At this point the ref finally gets to his feet and yells at the time keeper to ring the bell. Hennig was announced as the winner but of course the BBCW World Heavyweight Championship does not change hands by a DQ. The cage starts to go back down as Flair, Windham, McGuiness and Martel keep attacking Hennig, Lawler and The Masked Superstar. At one point Windham managed to rip the mask off The Masked Superstar but he managed to use a towel to cover up his face and keep his identity a secret. JJ Dillon then gets into the ring and shakes the hands of Flair, McGuiness, Windham and Martel. At this point the cage started rising again and other wrestlers were now at ringside. Dillon leads his men out of the ring and back to the locker rooms as the crowd voices their displeasure with their actions.

Winner: Curt Hennig by DQ ( 11:33 )

The next episode of BBCW Saturday Night opened with JJ Dillon in the ring and he called out the members of his new stable one by one - Windham, McGuiness, Martel and finally Flair. Dillon said that the Horsemen were great at one time but now was a different time calling for a different group. Dillon said that each of these men were at one time a World Heavyweight Champion in different promotions so it only made sense to put them all together. Dillon handed the mic to Flair who said that after the PPV that BBCW has changed forever and that the rest of the roster should be very afraid of this new group. Flair ended the segment by saying that such an elite group should have an elite name so from now on they will be known as " The Champions Club ".​

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I wish I could say that I hated my opponent's cards but they both had some good ideas and interesting match-ups on their cards ..... of course I still think more people should vote for my card. :laugh: Anyway - I choose to abstain from voting in this bracket.

Reactions: GongShowWilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad