Wrestlers that did not live up to or fulfill their potential

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Makes sense.
I have noticed that in nearly every Flair documentary, he (and a lot of others) always brings up being a big advocate for Windham earlier on in his career.

Windham was one of those guys who in his peak could work with just about anyone. He was a big kid who could move like a smaller guy and he seemed destined to be a star. But I’m not sure the motor was ever quite there.

Arn Anderson once said that Windham was happiest when he had a woman on his arm and some money in his pocket. As such, there was never that sustained stretch where he seemed to ride the wave all the way to the finish.

Unfortunately, in an industry where momentum is crucial component of success, there were some stops and starts.

In some ways though, Windham wasn’t perceived all that differently than Randy Orton over the last 15 years. He’s talented and smooth, and yet there’s always a feeling that you’re not quite getting everything he has.

Reactions: HandsomeHollywood

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
another Vote for Mike Awesome, man I loved him in ECW, than when he came to WCW its almost seemed like he got buried by backstage politics. big suprise there. another one I thought would go to WWE with success after the merger was Buff Bagwell, I thought he was a decent mid carder that could compete for championships, but behind the curtain politics put an end to that.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
another Vote for Mike Awesome, man I loved him in ECW, than when he came to WCW its almost seemed like he got buried by backstage politics. big suprise there. another one I thought would go to WWE with success after the merger was Buff Bagwell, I thought he was a decent mid carder that could compete for championships, but behind the curtain politics put an end to that.
Bagwell didn't do himself any favors backstage. Specifically the famous story of being told not to wear his top hat in the ill-fated match against Booker T on Raw, and then wore it anyway. Then again, why use Buff Bagwell and then take away what he is?
In any case I never saw much of anything in Buff outside of a laugh here and there. I always figured he'd drown outside of WCW.

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Bagwell didn't do himself any favors backstage. Specifically the famous story of being told not to wear his top hat in the ill-fated match against Booker T on Raw, and then wore it anyway. Then again, why use Buff Bagwell and then take away what he is?
In any case I never saw much if anything in Buff outside of a laugh here and there. I always figured he'd drown outside of WCW.

Ah never heard that one before, I loved his laugh lol. but ya maybe he didnt have enough talent to carry him through as well.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Vince was wrong. Buff was right.

2NMuHMk.gif

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->