Wrestler’s styles that aged well

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
image.php

I’ve watched a lot of Bret Hart matches lately. I go through these wrestling binges once a year it seems. I think he’s the best pure wrestler the WWE has ever had.

there’s a YouTube video of his 150 moves he’s used in his career. Some guys have 10 max.

His gimmick and style has aged so well. Decades later and it still looks incredible. He made guys like Diesel have good matches with him.

Steamboat, Savage, Michaels all from 20-30 years ago and their matches looked great

Warrior, Hogan, The Rock in my opinion dont look nearly as good now as they did then

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Mr. Perfect matches still look really good. Wrestlers with good selling (or at least... impressionistic selling in some cases) and crisp move execution will pretty much always look good. It's why Arn Anderson matches still look really good even though he isn't some huge name. Steiner Brothers tag matches still look really good most of the time.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
RVD and Eddie Guerrero.

RVD's old matches still look fresh today and no one has matched his style yet. He's still unique and more importantly rarely if ever really had a stinker of a match.

The Invasion match against Jeff Hardy for the Hardcore belt is still amazing today.

Eddie is Eddie. His execution, his timing, his selling, his heel ability. The man could have a 5* match with mannequin.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Assuming he isn't working a total stiff, I feel like Rick Rude holds up well

And not exactly the same question but I feel like Sting could be quite successful in the modern day similar to Cena

Kaner9

Nov 10, 2019
NJ
I like old Mick Foley matches. Those matches aren't based on being athletic anyway so they don't look worse compared to todays wrestlers but the hardcore stuff is still legit. Macho man matchs are still real good too lots of energy and fast.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
I like old Mick Foley matches. Those matches aren't based on being athletic anyway so they don't look worse compared to todays wrestlers but the hardcore stuff is still legit. Macho man matchs are still real good too lots of energy and fast.
I would agree about Foley. I remember not expecting anything out of him vs Paul Orndorff in early 90s WCW, and being shocked at how good it was.

Reactions: Kaner9

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I’ve watched a lot of Bret Hart matches lately. I go through these wrestling binges once a year it seems. I think he’s the best pure wrestler the WWE has ever had.

His gimmick and style has aged so well. Decades later and it still looks incredible. He made guys like Diesel have good matches with him.

Hart's biggest asset as a wrestler is everything he did looked legit. If the goal of wrestling was to have what looks like a legit "real" fight(which doesn't seem to be the point in the past 10-20 years) then Hart takes the cake, even alot of other greats had points that don't quit look so real at times

Hart had the littlest things down that many wrestlers ignore such as when he gets "hurt" he will remember to make a point to sell the hurt/injury for the rest of the match, not just like 5 seconds

Reactions: The Shadow

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I'm assuming by "aged well" there's the idea that they would fit in with "today's wrestling" more. Benoit and Kanyon quickly come to mind. Dynamite Kid, etc. Plenty of guys really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad