Wrestlemania 35 Dream Cards, Predictions, Discussion

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Asuka dropping the title is why you can't rely on them to deliver long-term storylines. That wasn't planned yesterday, and she needed the title since Charlotte and Becky were both going to the Raw side, which left Smackdown with no other women. And the next thing they do doesn't involve her, then now the title itself is following them to Raw. It's not like they planned on this angle they can do where Charlotte beat Asuka while Becky tapped out (even though Charlotte lost to Asuka like 3 months ago).

That's why I was trying to be so adamant that NOW is the time to pull the trigger on Kofi winning the title, because right now is when you're getting the reactions. If they just build heat and try to "make it mean more" they'll either forget or get bored or not have an idea and then Vince will decide for no reason that Kofi isn't over like he did with Balor.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They may as well unify the women’s titles.

Will FOX care if the only woman exclusive to Smackdown is Ronda when the move happens? Probably not. I can’t see the women being exclusive to any brand after WM. They booked themselves into a corner with the triple threat and left no one credible on Smackdown.

Asuka is also dead now

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It would be really dumb if the SD womens title isn't on the line and they just wanted Charlotte to look strong and not eat a pin at Mania...

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Really didn't care for SmackDown. Asuka losing is the end of her I fear. I don't mind the women having one belt between shows though. I'd be up for the same with the men's tag as well. There are too many belts. The US is basically already irrelevant.

Don't like the Usos forfeiting. Would rather have had them just not involved. New Day winning would have been the best way to go after all the blue balling. There isn't much to this story. I find it very hollow. Vince coming out and blatantly rehashing the same story is yawn inducing. I get the undertones and how it's supposed to really show Bryan as fully becoming the villain and what he always hated. But I see no upside or stakes involved for Vince. What could he really have against Kofi? Even in kayfabe? Besides his one line about Kofi not being box office. It's a really by the numbers story at this point, and the players and situation don't really call for it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They may as well unify the women’s titles.

Will FOX care if the only woman exclusive to Smackdown is Ronda when the move happens? Probably not. I can’t see the women being exclusive to any brand after WM. They booked themselves into a corner with the triple threat and left no one credible on Smackdown.

Asuka is also dead now
Ronda won't be around, so it won't matter.

They won't make women exclusive to a brand, but this is where I say the brand split will dissipate. Fox can say all they want about how they don't want to share people with Raw on USA. But if someone like what happened with Becky or Kofi happens on Raw and they get stupid-over with the crowds and become the biggest thing on the show each week - they're going to go to Smackdown and go on Fox. Like, it's going to happen. They still have the leverage even though they paid out the money.

Really didn't care for SmackDown. Asuka losing is the end of her I fear. I don't mind the women having one belt between shows though. I'd be up for the same with the men's tag as well. There are too many belts. The US is basically already irrelevant.

Don't like the Usos forfeiting. Would rather have had them just not involved. New Day winning would have been the best way to go after all the blue balling. There isn't much to this story. I find it very hollow. Vince coming out and blatantly rehashing the same story is yawn inducing. I get the undertones and how it's supposed to really show Bryan as fully becoming the villain and what he always hated. But I see no upside or stakes involved for Vince. What could he really have against Kofi? Even in kayfabe? Besides his one line about Kofi not being box office. It's a really by the numbers story at this point, and the players and situation don't really call for it.

Usos hadn't been on TV, at least getting air time since they won the titles, so they had to do something to get them on and get them over.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Asuka dropping the title is why you can't rely on them to deliver long-term storylines. That wasn't planned yesterday, and she needed the title since Charlotte and Becky were both going to the Raw side, which left Smackdown with no other women. And the next thing they do doesn't involve her, then now the title itself is following them to Raw. It's not like they planned on this angle they can do where Charlotte beat Asuka while Becky tapped out (even though Charlotte lost to Asuka like 3 months ago).

That's why I was trying to be so adamant that NOW is the time to pull the trigger on Kofi winning the title, because right now is when you're getting the reactions. If they just build heat and try to "make it mean more" they'll either forget or get bored or not have an idea and then Vince will decide for no reason that Kofi isn't over like he did with Balor.

No, WWE's bad booking doesn't necessitate further bad booking in a completely unrelated storyline. You put the title on Kingston, he gets a pop at Wrestlemania and the subsequent TV... and then he's still Kofi Kingston, but he has a belt now. It's popping something in the microwave because you are a bit hungry instead of trying to cook a good meal. If I'm grossly underrating Kingston then clearly I'm wrong, but the crowd is fickle (not to try and steal Bryan's gimmick) and it's short sighted to just give what they start chanting for when it involves taking the title off the better wrestler who is historically much more popular.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
They could have done Becky/Ronnie, Asuka/Charlie, Seth/Bryan, and Finn/Brock.

Four awesome storylines that would have delivered great matches.

You could have turned Roman heel on his return. Him and Finn have never had a bad match, and it could have been built to heel Roman being the Demon conquerer down the road.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Ronda won't be around, so it won't matter.

They won't make women exclusive to a brand, but this is where I say the brand split will dissipate. Fox can say all they want about how they don't want to share people with Raw on USA. But if someone like what happened with Becky or Kofi happens on Raw and they get stupid-over with the crowds and become the biggest thing on the show each week - they're going to go to Smackdown and go on Fox. Like, it's going to happen. They still have the leverage even though they paid out the money.

Usos hadn't been on TV, at least getting air time since they won the titles, so they had to do something to get them on and get them over.
Could have just had an unrelated match. Being on TV doesn't mean you'll get over, especially if you're the tag champs there to forfeit. It's not that far a cry from having the Raw tag champs show up to lose and say "at least they're on TV". There are better ways and the tag champs should have some sort of program going on of their own. A sad state of affairs really.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Could have just had an unrelated match. Being on TV doesn't mean you'll get over, especially if you're the tag champs there to forfeit. It's not that far a cry from having the Raw tag champs show up to lose and say "at least they're on TV". There are better ways and the tag champs should have some sort of program going on of their own. A sad state of affairs really.

The fact they were the champs was irrelevant. They weren’t going to fight against what was right. There’s no single match they’d put together that would accomplish, look at all the geeks they have in that division.

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
The fact they were the champs was irrelevant. They weren’t going to fight against what was right. There’s no single match they’d put together that would accomplish, look at all the geeks they have in that division.
You seem awfully content to tow the status quo/company line. Maybe try to build something in the tag division instead of accepting a bunch of "geeks" and poor handling of champions.
I don't think that segment did anything for anyone. In the end Vince still kind of wins. Neither Kofi or New Day really overcame the odds put in front of them. Instead Kofi is getting in on luck and not on his own merit (which further promotes 50/50 booking and the idea that wins and losses don't matter). New Day and/or Kofi could use a win instead of sympathy and respect from the roster. Makes it seem more charitable rather than earned. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth
I'd rather some attempt at decent stories or logic than "well they don't plan things so they shouldn't start now".

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You seem awfully content to tow the status quo/company line. Maybe try to build something in the tag division instead of accepting a bunch of "geeks" and poor handling of champions.
I don't think that segment did anything for anyone. In the end Vince still kind of wins. Neither Kofi or New Day really overcame the odds put in front of them. Instead Kofi is getting in on luck and not on his own merit (which further promotes 50/50 booking and the idea that wins and losses don't matter). New Day and/or Kofi could use a win instead of sympathy and respect from the roster. Makes it seem more charitable rather than earned. The whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth
I'd rather some attempt at decent stories or logic than "well they don't plan things so they shouldn't start now".
Well, that’s why I said Kofi should’ve just won it on his own. You say putting the Usos in a match to get them over is what they should do. Ok, that’s fine. Against who?

HandsomeHollywood

Mar 20, 2017
Well, that’s why I said Kofi should’ve just won it on his own. You say putting the Usos in a match to get them over is what they should do. Ok, that’s fine. Against who?
Any tag team and get a win, would be a good start.
The Hardy's returned the other week to a big pop. Could build to them vs The Usos in a WrestleMania match with a post-match angle. Considering they're both referred to as some of the best teams of all time, I'm sure that'd go over better than assuming they can do nothing, doing nothing, then wondering why no one cares.
That's just one idea anyway.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
I dreamt last night that they changed plan and removed Charlotte from the main event to have her vs Asuka for the rematch. I know, not happening and Charlotte's gonna win both titles.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Any tag team and get a win, would be a good start.
The Hardy's returned the other week to a big pop. Could build to them vs The Usos in a WrestleMania match with a post-match angle. Considering they're both referred to as some of the best teams of all time, I'm sure that'd go over better than assuming they can do nothing, doing nothing, then wondering why no one cares.
That's just one idea anyway.

They could do that. I think they will do that match. They're not going to get that kind of match at Wrestlemania though, they won't get the time. Last year the whole story was about how it took them 10 years just to get on the card and they got 6 minutes.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So Charlotte's title isnt even on the line... so stupid. This theory of the 4HW with all the gold to end the show is stupid.

Just give Becky her moment with the raw title or I wouldn't even be surprised if Charlotte holds both titles at the end of the show.

Still really dont like Asuka dropping the title for this.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So Charlotte's title isnt even on the line... so stupid. This theory of the 4HW with all the gold to end the show is stupid.

Just give Becky her moment with the raw title or I wouldn't even be surprised if Charlotte holds both titles at the end of the show.

It will only matter if it's mentioned. I would bet it's 50/50 that Vince even realizes that side of it. It's not like the tag titles are important

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I don't know who said it, but someone earlier said this Mania has been booked like an ADHD monkey was running it.

Most accurate thing in the world.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Charlotte's title is supposed to be on the line. Whether the match is winner-take-all, is yet to be determined.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Charlotte's title is supposed to be on the line. Whether the match is winner-take-all, is yet to be determined.
Is this confirmed, I read on R/ it wasnt gonna be on the line.

If its which ever champion gets pinned they lose their title, that basically makes Becky the 3rd wheel because neither champion will want to even pin her, theyll want the others gold

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Worlds Collide for Axxxes:
will air on the network....
(i mean lets be honest. there are so many good shows in the area. but this is fun)

NXT vs. NXT Alumni
Thursday, April 4 (6-10 p.m.)

The past meets the present as former NXT Superstars battle current Superstars from the black-and-gold brand. The matches will include Roderick Strong vs. Tyler Breeze, Dominik Dijkaovic vs. Harper, SAnitY vs. Undisputed ERA, and Kassius Ohno vs. Aiden English.

Cruiserweights Collide
Friday, April 5 – Sessions 1 and 2

NXT UK Tapings
Saturday, April 6 – Sessions 1, 2 and 3

Brands Battle
Sunday, April 7 (8 a.m. to 12 p.m.)

Two 20-Superstar Battle Royals — one for male Superstars and one for female Superstars

Women Collide
Monday, April 8 (12-4 p.m.)

One day after female Superstars main-event WrestleMania for the first time in history, the WWE Women’s Evolution continues to take center stage at Axxess. Watch top female Superstars from NXT, NXT UK, Raw and SmackDown LIVE collide, with matches including Io Shirai vs. Sonya Deville, Toni Storm vs. Nikki Cross vs. Bianca Belair, Piper Niven vs. Zelina Vega, Candice LeRae vs. Kay Lee Ray and more!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think when we make the prediction thread, the tie breaker shouldn't be length of the biggest matches, but actual time of the show. Or what time they go off the air or something

Reactions: Disclose

RANKKA

Give Glaude the world
Apr 11, 2017
EU
so meltzer said that they want 4 horsewoman closing the show with all of them champs, i think im gonna invest some money...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They’re going to have Becky and Charlotte randomly hug again, those stupid f***s lmao

They try manufacturing these moments and they’re just so stupid. They have an organic moment with Kofi and Seth winning, Kofi winning after 11 years at the biggest stage, and Seth slaying the beast and having one last Shield pose at Wrestlemania, but nope, they’re going to have Seth lose, and have this stupid ass manufactured forced moment with the four hoursewomen suddenly being friends and crying in the ring, specifically Becky and Charlotte. What a bunch of dummies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->