Signing(s): WR Marvin Jones to Detroit

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
I hope it's not too crazy. But I like his upside if he can start to stay healthy.

Plus the Bungles resigned Iloka and we had an obvious need now with some extra cash to burn. Hopefully this means we won't be using our 1st or 2nd for a WR either.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I hope it's not too crazy. But I like his upside if he can start to stay healthy.

Plus the Bungles resigned Iloka and we had an obvious need now with some extra cash to burn. Hopefully this means we won't be using our 1st or 2nd for a WR either.

That's my hope too, that they now cross WR off their 1st rounder needs list. Need to focus on offensive and defensive tackle.

Jones is a good complement to Tate. He can stretch the field while Tate can kill it on the intermediate routes. They really need Ebron to step up this season.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'd take 3 good targets over a #1 stud receiver and 2 average ones. #1 receivers are a luxury.

Especially when $24M/yr is owed to that receiver, a declining one at that.
In a way, Calvin retiring now might have been a blessing in disguise for the Lions as was Suh taking the enormous contract elsewhere. It'll allow them to build roster depth for the first time in years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad