News Article: WPG vs DET 8pm tonite Watch FREE at NHL.com

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Your blaming green? Jensen literally makes zero plays yet plays a tun, oullette is hot garbage, at least Kronwall has some skill, Dekeyser terrible contract, Daley throws the puck away but looks like a Norris compared to Jensen and oullette, who am I missing???

I wanted green gone too for the pick but my god at least I can say we have one competent nhl d-man on the team cause I think I’d lose my sanity watching this d-core with Brian lashoff added and mike green subtracted.

I really don’t know how holland has a job still when he’s been icing this d-core it’s mistifying how bad he could make it just blows my mind
I wasn't really blaming Green for the defensive problems. I totally agree this blueline has been mostly hot garbage for several seasons now.

Green is a frustrating player to watch because he's a talented player and good defenseman but seems so half assed for stretches of games.

Pretty sure that shoulder is not 100%, and Green is avoiding contact because of that. Natural and obvious thing for many hockey players. Usually when somebody gets the blaim, it's when guy plays through an injury.

That may be why it seems worse, but honestly Green was making half assed plays when healthy. I remember commenting in at least one GDT that Green plays like he's in all star game. Will make some great plays, try and score, but isn't gonna get hammered in the corner to make a play.

I think it's just the nature of his game, especially at this stage of his career. He's a good defenseman who helped this sad defensive corps but with Green you also get some moments where he's checked out. You take the good with the bad I guess.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I wasn't really blaming Green for the defensive problems. I totally agree this blueline has been mostly hot garbage for several seasons now.

Green is a frustrating player to watch because he's a talented player and good defenseman but seems so half assed for stretches of games.

That may be why it seems worse, but honestly Green was making half assed plays when healthy. I remember commenting in at least one GDT that Green plays like he's in all star game. Will make some great plays, try and score, but isn't gonna get hammered in the corner to make a play.

I think it's just the nature of his game, especially at this stage of his career. He's a good defenseman who helped this sad defensive corps but with Green you also get some moments where he's checked out. You take the good with the bad I guess.
Agreed. He's a prime candidate as evidence that Blashill has a double standard.

Anybody can have a bad game or two, but there are vets (like Green) that often have when looks like effort issues, with no punishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->