News Article: WPG vs DET 8pm tonite Watch FREE at NHL.com

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
I really wish we traded Green. The guy looked uninterested half the time before the trade deadline. Now he'll probably be in full vacation mode.
I'm also sad he wasn't moved but I don't understand how/why a competing team would have been interested in him. His defensive game is not something I would want on a SC contending team.

Last edited:

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Not as good as having a pick and another hole in the defense.

At least a young but lesser skilled guy would probably look like he cared when he made mistakes.

Your blaming green? Jensen literally makes zero plays yet plays a tun, oullette is hot garbage, at least Kronwall has some skill, Dekeyser terrible contract, Daley throws the puck away but looks like a Norris compared to Jensen and oullette, who am I missing???

I wanted green gone too for the pick but my god at least I can say we have one competent nhl d-man on the team cause I think I’d lose my sanity watching this d-core with Brian lashoff added and mike green subtracted.

I really don’t know how holland has a job still when he’s been icing this d-core it’s mistifying how bad he could make it just blows my mind

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Not as good as having a pick and another hole in the defense.

At least a young but lesser skilled guy would probably look like he cared when he made mistakes.

Pretty sure that shoulder is not 100%, and Green is avoiding contact because of that. Natural and obvious thing for many hockey players. Usually when somebody gets the blaim, it's when guy plays through an injury.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I really don’t know how holland has a job still when he’s been icing this d-core it’s mistifying how bad he could make it just blows my mind

I would wonder more, that why Jim Nill and Joe McDonell got promoted for higher positions at Dallas, because they were RESPONSIBLE of drafting our current pile of shit D-core for 18 years. Håkan Andersson did find Kronwall for them, but othervise it has been miserable job.

Kenny's biggest mistake was trusting for these morons too long, until he signed Tyler Wright.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Lmao everyone was just chilling in front of the net leaving kroner and Daley all the ice in the world

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Sometimes Larkin makes really bad decisions..... like getting physical with Buff while going to the corner.

Christien

May 1, 2010
Idk if I’m the only one but 95% of the time I get so frustrated watching Nyquist play hockey

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Idk if I’m the only one but 95% of the time I get so frustrated watching Nyquist play hockey

You are not the only one. That magic he seemed to have early in his career is gone.. funny it came about the same time Trashill started to coach.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
...'cause I think I’d lose my sanity watching this d-core with Brian lashoff added and mike green subtracted.
Don't watch. Actually paying attention to Detroit's defense is like gazing directly at the sun. Except they don't make sunglasses powerful enough to protect against this degree of ineptitude.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
5-4 Jets

Let's have a high scoring, action packed fun friday night game, ending with no points in the standings and lots of points for the kids!

Mantha is overdue...his play worries me, although his slump is helping us out in the cap world, so I really don't mind it. I just hope he is more than the 40-50 point player he has shown so far in his career.

Good call!

The Byfuglin goal was probably the loudest I've cheered all season. The crowd started buzzing, you could feel it happening, then BOOM back door one-timer, so sick. Winni is truly an enjoyable team to watch.

WTF is wrong with Nielsen? Guy was laboring for a while there in the 2nd.

WTH happened with the lines in the 3rd? Glendening only played a few minutes?

I'm not going to bother to complain about that slug Abdelkader. :D

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I would wonder more, that why Jim Nill and Joe McDonell got promoted for higher positions at Dallas, because they were RESPONSIBLE of drafting our current pile of **** D-core for 18 years. Håkan Andersson did find Kronwall for them, but othervise it has been miserable job.

Kenny's biggest mistake was trusting for these morons too long, until he signed Tyler Wright.

LOL.

Reactions: StargateSG1

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

I was disappointed last season but despite not scoring as much on the PP I think he's been much better. Someone wrote recently, " he's playing with an edge" or something like that which I agree. TZE was questioning a lingering injury that may have been resolved, giving him a quicker step. To think that he's able to skate with possession and generate at least some offense against teams #1 lines is impressive.

I can still understand why he isn't everyone's cup of tea though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad