Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Trouba arbitration announcement: 1 year $5.5M (Winnipeg accepts)

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Trouba is not the only one acting like a **** but at least garbageyuk is not suppressing or demeaning those he speaks with...
Don't know how i was doing all that, just saying that's how he sounds to me. It sucks as a jets fan. It sucks as a islander fan and it will suck again for another group of fan, but still they all are doing what's best for them, sorry i aint gonna hate on that. I would do the same if I was ever lucky enough.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That's the problem I have with it. He comes off as a spoiled brat. The NHL has always had a bit of a blue-collar culture to it, but guys like Trouba are starting to change that. These guys never have to work a day in their lives, so it bugs me a little bit when they have an attitude or think they can pull the Big Shot/primadonna routine.

So I guess "work" means working in a coal mine or on a farm?

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Your position is that of a common person who can’t extrapolate things into the realm of a pro athlete. Nobody looks out for you except you. He should get what the market will bear for his elite talents just like others in all walks of life. Begrudging him that is petty and small minded from my POV.
I think I'm much more aware of this fact than some pro athlete. And my position is that of someone who lives in the real world - a world Trouba will never live in or know anything about. Most of us worry about things like rent/mortgage, car payments, our boss making our lives hell while we are underpaid, putting our kids through school, etc. With him it's wether he wants a 2nd or 3rd home, buying a Lambo or a Rolls this year, having to live in WPG, wether the team offers him 6 or 8 million per year, etc. It's about perspective. He handles himself like a diva, too bad. And I'm not begrudging anyone, I'm just being real. Excuse me if I don't have any compassion for his 'plight'.

Last edited:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
So I guess "work" means working in a coal mine or on a farm?
Well, I have a lot more respect for someone who does that to provide for their family than some pampered, entitled pro athlete. Guys who do those jobs usually don't handle themselves like Mr. Trouba does, and their lives are nowhere near as good. I'll never have any sympathy for a pro athlete's professional/financial problems.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Well, I have a lot more respect for someone who does that to provide for their family than some pampered, entitled pro athlete. Guys who do those jobs usually don't handle themselves like Mr. Trouba does, and their lives are nowhere near as good. I'll never have any sympathy for a pro athlete's professional/financial problems.

Garbageyuk some really do lookup to actors or singers and even pro athletes as almost or even their god...

it is what it is...

Cheers Garbageyuk Bud...

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Again why should he be greatful to jets, it's not like he is struggling to get work and jets are the only one providing him with it. He is not a homeless man in front of your liquor store. He is asking for that money because he thinks he is worth that amount, maybe not now but he believes within his next long contract he is a 8 million dollar player, more power to him, why settle for less.

I don't see anything wrong with whT he did, it's not Diva or drama it's executing what him, his agent and family's game plan I'm guessing to get out. HE ASKED for trade so what, jets said no, he didn't cause drama or became a diva he played his ass off. He sat out,again within his rights with both high risk and reward, again went to work and had a great year. Nothing there tells me he is a drama queen, just a guy doing what he feels is his best route to Ufa and what's best for him/family.

Also buddy I didnt give you a sob story, just telling how it is, some these kids are stuck for 7 years in a place they didn't choose and people like you believe he should accept it and keep quiet, even when they are doing it all by the books. Exercising their rights according to agreed a cba but Still they are entitled and selfish and greedy and ungreatful. Like wtf bro, you sound like a jealous little kid who didn't get what he wanted in life, even your profile name speaks loudly to it.
No I didn't get what I wanted in life - not many do. But the struggles have given me the perspective to know that the way he is conducting himself is BS. And jealous? No, I don't think so. I'm grateful for what I do have, and I've come to grips with what I'll never have. I'm happy for him; I just think he should show a little more humility and gratitude considering how fortunate he is though. Your post is awfully close to flaming/personal attack as well.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
No I didn't get what I wanted in life - not many do. But the struggles have given me the perspective to know that the way he is conducting himself is BS. And jealous? No, I don't think so. I'm grateful for what I do have, and I've come to grips with what I'll never have. I'm happy for him; I just think he should show a little more humility and gratitude considering how fortunate he is though. Your post is awfully close to flaming/personal attack as well.

You come across as a really good guy GarbageYuk…

So I have to ask:

Montreal Fan?

Really?? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Garbageyuk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You come across as a really good guy GarbageYuk…

So I have to ask:

Montreal Fan?

Really?? :sarcasm:
Thanks if you are being sincere. And yes, MTL fan, but that is dwindling by the day. I don't know how much longer I can cheer for a team that a guy like MB is running.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
No I didn't get what I wanted in life - not many do. But the struggles have given me the perspective to know that the way he is conducting himself is BS. And jealous? No, I don't think so. I'm grateful for what I do have, and I've come to grips with what I'll never have. I'm happy for him; I just think he should show a little more humility and gratitude considering how fortunate he is though.
Why do think he is not though, he hasn't done anything that is un professional, it's all been within the rule of the league. Like many have said why do you think he is ungreatful, what is he doing that is not showing humility to you. Like one dude said, your looking at it through your eyes and seeing it from your view, you can't do that, it don't work like that. People in all walks of life makes choices that is best for them. You have actors leaving a number one rated show because filming is to far from home or they like to do something ng new start fresh because they like a different challenge. This happens, money and winning doesn't trump all sometimes. Just being paid a lot is not enough to some. You can't project your feelings toward them and believe that is the only way it should be. Some won't settle for any less then they think their worth.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Trouba has no reason to sign a long term deal this year. It could line up that he gets one more shot at a cup with Winnipeg.. then at the draft or next years deadline get to approve the trade destination of his choice.

Trouba will reluctantly be traded within the next two years.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Why do think he is not though, he hasn't done anything that is un professional, it's all been within the rule of the league. Like many have said why do you think he is ungreatful, what is he doing that is not showing humility to you. Like one dude said, your looking at it through your eyes and seeing it from your view, you can't do that, it don't work like that. People in all walks of life makes choices that is best for them. You have actors leaving a number one rated show because filming is to far from home or they like to do something ng new start fresh because they like a different challenge. This happens, money and winning doesn't trump all sometimes. Just being paid a lot is not enough to some. You can't project your feelings toward them and believe that is the only way it should be. Some won't settle for any less then they think their worth.
That's the only way it works. Just because it's within the rules doesn't mean he's handling himself well. Someone could demand 10M every year and sit out only signing 1 year deals through arbitration after ELC - that's within the rules. Obviously that's more extreme, but it illustrated my point. Trouba thinks he's Lebron James or something, apparently.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
That's the only way it works. Just because it's within the rules doesn't mean he's handling himself well. Someone could demand 10M every year and sit out only signing 1 year deals through arbitration after ELC - that's within the rules. Obviously that's more extreme, but it illustrated my point. Trouba thinks he's Lebron James or something, apparently.
You see, that's where I don't see what you see, I do think he is handle himself well. I just don't see any of the Diva or drama that you do. What do want him to do, just Sign long term with jets and not take what he feels into consideration. He is demanding a number one type contract, if I was the jets I would give him the 8 he wants just to see if its all a ploy to get out of dodge. Also LeBron was Ufa each time, just like Trouba is trying to do. Same age too when LeBron was Ufa and he left his hometown, Trouba is leaving winnepeg, a city he probly never even known about till draft day.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
So are the Jets going to walk away and focus their efforts on re-signing their defensemen who actually don't mind Winnipeg?

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The Jets' Cup window is open. I think they'd be better off keeping Trouba for this one last campaign.

He'll be an RFA again next summer, right? Trade his rights next summer, so his new team can work out the extension to their liking.

Makes the best sense to me. Trade return isn't the most important thing to consider when you have a championship window. I mean, I'm assuming you won't get a better player back.

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
He be grateful to his parents for his genetics and the effort they put into his career when he was young. He should be grateful the NHL pays well. I don't see why he should be grateful to a team that holds his rights. They didn't find him in languishing in obscurity and build him up into a star, he was already highly regarded (top 10 pick), he'd be just as well off on any other team so it isn't as if they are doing something for him.

Winnipeg wants what he has to offer and they are haggling over price. This is just business.
If I was GM I would call his bluff and raise him with an all in... OK Trouba 8by8 yes or no then leak it out that I gave his ask if he said no. I know it don't work that way but it would be gangster of chev. Like I said when I first enter this thread, I'm not a fan of him, I don't think he is worth 8, I don't think his pp qb will be good too Warrent it later either but I ain't gonna hate on the dude cuz he feels that way. Make your money when you can, if your settleing on other parts of your wants then make up for it in other ways.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
If I was GM I would call his bluff and raise him with an all in... OK Trouba 8by8 yes or no then leak it out that I gave his ask if he said no. I know it don't work that way but it would be gangster of chev. Like I said when I first enter this thread, I'm not a fan of him, I don't think he is worth 8, I don't think his pp qb will be good too Warrent it later either but I ain't gonna hate on the dude cuz he feels that way. Make your money when you can, if your settleing on other parts of your wants then make up for it in other ways.

There's already been plenty of rumors that it has nothing to do with money.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017

The Winnipeg Jets aka True North Sports & Entertainment would never do that...

They have class...

For once you dirty your reputation you are stained with it...

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
The Winnipeg Jets aka True North Sports & Entertainment would never do that...

They have class...

For once you dirty your reputation your stained with it...
I can't speak to an absolute, especially from a corporate entity like you can, that's just being a sheep if you believe that

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
So are the Jets going to walk away and focus their efforts on re-signing their defensemen who actually don't mind Winnipeg?

Of course they are signing it, it would be moronic to walk away and completely lose out on the trade value or on ice value of a 24 yr old top pairing rhd. If Chevy didn’t sign it, he should be fired before the day is over.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
So dumb question. But have they already said yes as a team to the arbitrators 5.5 or are we still waiting some sort of official confirmation

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I know that's why I would do it, just to cross out one. There are still many fans who believe it's money or usage.
The thing is though I am sure Chevy knows why Trouba wants to leave and he is just trying to keep him for as long as he can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->