Eklund Rumor: (WPG/TOR) Nylander for Trouba

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
About his general health as well right? Yeah, that's just it you don't want to touch on the fact he has a single healthy season under his belt. That's a terrible sign for his age.
You're ignoring what was bolded. He played all playoff games, more important.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
There is more to bring an NHL Dman than putting up PP points. Rielly might be a bit better on the powerplay. Trouba is better at literally everything else

Jets had good season no doubt. It's kind of ridiculous to think that the Jets have this superman defence though. Jets allowed 16 less goals than the Leafs last year. Trouba was one of three good RHD on Jets. If is wasn't for his contract difficulties with Jets and his desire to be a UFA in two years, he wouldn't be getting nearly as much great press about his play.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton
I think we can agree rielly and Trouba are in the same league with them both being better at different things

id say Trouba is more well rounded but Rielly has much better speed and offensive ability. Trouba doesnt really excel in anything, but he's above average on everything. These guys are separated by a hair at most imo

all I know is these guys together would a killer pairing

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Hainsey is an unremarkable yet proficient D that can be played on any pairing. He has been used like that for a while. 1st round pick #13, while in his first years in the league he was getting 20-30+ points. Sound like someone else we know? Trouba, who is just as unremarkable to the eye test as unremarkable gets. Stable, sure. Special... No.
Hainsey was a Jet for 2 years so fans here can easily see you are as wrong as can be. The Jets were more than happy to let him walk as a UFA.
Those Blue & White Leafs glasses must be mighty thick if you can't tell the difference between a bottom pairing @ best D & 1/2 of a great shutdown pair.

Flyerfan52

May 3, 2012
Winnipeg
3 team trade

Leafs < Trouba

Jets < Seguin

Stars < Nylander, Little, WPG's 2019 1st
Trouba, Little & Jets 1st to upgrade frpm Little to Seguin as 2C? :huh:
& then Chevy gets to do the song & dance to re-sign him as UFA in a year.:help:

Although he & Scheifele could play a lot of rock, paper, scissors that year. :laugh:

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Most things are debatable, that doesn’t make them worthy of debate.

The same thing you’re saying about Roslovic could be said about many young inexperienced NHLers.

The difference is the others aren't already the best conditioned player in hockey. This kid has serious work ethic. Makes pin-up boy Scheifele look like 2013 Byfuglien.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
So.............has this one happened yet? Any time now? That's the word on the street, right? I'm holding my breathe here.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
So every player that has a home outside Winnipeg is leaving the Jets? Is this the logic you are using? Holy cow! Look out everyone the Jets are going to have an empty roster!

Jets are great, quickest way to get to Florida.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
So every player that has a home outside Winnipeg is leaving the Jets? Is this the logic you are using? Holy cow! Look out everyone the Jets are going to have an empty roster!
You shouldn't let your imagine run away with you when reading. You questioned the factual nature of another posters comment. Simply provided the basis for his statement. For the record I have a long standing wager that Trouba signs long term in Winnipeg. With that said I'm not at all confident that I'll win this bet at this point. The only reasonable way to take this year's arbitration ruling is to assume the long term signing was put off to keep this year's AAV down in order to afford a long term Morrissey deal, which is far more beneficial from a cap perspective. Back to your post, when responding address the actual post and don't respond to the voices going on inside your head.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
You shouldn't let your imagine run away with you when reading. You questioned the factual nature of another posters comment. Simply provided the basis for his statement. For the record I have a long standing wager that Trouba signs long term in Winnipeg. With that said I'm not at all confident that I'll win this bet at this point. The only reasonable way to take this year's arbitration ruling is to assume the long term signing was put off to keep this year's AAV down in order to afford a long term Morrissey deal, which is far more beneficial from a cap perspective. Back to your post, when responding address the actual post and don't respond to the voices going on inside your head.
Pointing out that having a home outside of your NHL city is in no way a reason to believe a player is going to leave their current team to go play for the team near their offseasons home. Its ridiculous. This is only evidence of you already want to believe Trouba wants to play with the Panthers and only Panthers.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
No but there's speculation here in Florida that he wants to be closer to her.

I would trade with Florida. Borgstrom, Petrovic, and Florida's 1st. Jets add a 2nd/3rd. But I worry about trading Trouba and not replacing him. Myers is so iffy with injuries.

I think Trouba plays out the year in Winnipeg, his last one, chance for a drink from Stanley's mug. Florida could definitely use Trouba. He would be a terrific shutdown pair defenseman with Matheson. Almost guarantee Panthers a spot in the dance.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Pointing out that having a home outside of your NHL city is in no way a reason to believe a player is going to leave their current team to go play for the team near their offseasons home. Its ridiculous. This is only evidence of you already want to believe Trouba wants to play with the Panthers and only Panthers.
If he wants out, him owning a home elsewhere with a girlfriend already residing there is a factor. It's not?

If he wants to stay in Winnipeg and play on a contending team, that's also a factor.

Lots of factors exist. Those are simply two of them.

You're going out of your way to start an argument. Thankfully since I've brought no opinion to this conversation whatsoever, I have nothing to argue about.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
If he wants out, him owning a home elsewhere with a girlfriend already residing there is a factor. It's not?

If he wants to stay in Winnipeg and play on a contending team, that's also a factor.

Lots of factors exist. Those are simply two of them.

You're going out of your way to start an argument. Thankfully since I've brought no opinion to this conversation whatsoever, I have nothing to argue about.
You are the one who interrupted a conversation with non sense.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Hmm. Matthews lives in Arizona during the off season. Biding his time in TO until he can become a Coyote. :laugh:

Yea, this home ownership is certainly a bunch of nonsense. Many "middle class people" Canadians and Americans own a home and a cottage, maybe even a condo in Florida. Certainly a rich hockey player can own multiple properties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad