Confirmed Trade: [WPG/OTT] Dylan DeMelo for 2020 3rd round pick

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I could actually see Winnipeg wanting to sign him.

Man, I'd have done this deal in a heartbeat, re-signed Demelo and let Hamonic walk instead of signing him to an extension that will be way worse than Demelo's would be

Reactions: jetsforever

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I'd rather not have the 3rd round pick and sign Demelo to a reasonable extension.

Wouldn't be shocked if that is what Winnipeg does.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
At least we were not on his no trade list. lofl

tenor.gif

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Jets only 20% chance to make the playoffs, this could be a relatively strong 3rd rounder. Difference between that and say a STL or WSH 2nd is marginal.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Without a doubt.

He did pretty well at the deadline last year. And the Kalrsson trade, in hindsite, looks a lot better than it did when it was made.

I dont buy into the fact that he's a terrible gm at trading. Hes more of a mixed bag with some big hits and some big misses.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He did pretty well at the deadline last year. And the Kalrsson trade, in hindsite, looks a lot better than it did when it was made.

I dont buy into the fact that he's a terrible gm at trading. Hes more of a mixed bag with some big hits and some big misses.
His hits have been luck based on circumstance. He tried to sign Karlsson... He fell into the deal. He constantly deals from a position of weakness. Twice he has traded for players that were immediately flipped for more than he got back. He has never won a deal from a value perspective up front. He burns assets and his initial deals put the organization in this scenario where they are a bottom 2 team three consecutive years. He is flat out horrid at his job.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
I'm not familiar with this player in the least, but looking at his numbers it's an oddly low price and prefect fit for winnipeg. Playing around 20 min per night and being +2 in ottawa while the team is -101 in that time sounds pretty good, right? Underlying numbers are good too, so I don't know why a team wouldn't want that type of a player in their team for the playoffs.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Rather have another mid 2nd this year than a late next year.
The problem with us is we have too many,and will start losing prospects due to lack of room...We need to break some eggs to get better nhl talent faster

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
We match those 2nds to add a first this year.
Yeah ,hopefully...But it seems that everybody is looking at this draft ,and 1st,s seem to be very hard to come by...So I wouldnt be opposed to trying to get one for next season,just have to find the next team that will likely implode next season to get one from

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad