Confirmed Trade: [WPG/OTT] Dylan DeMelo for 2020 3rd round pick

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Waste of a 3rd

Nothing against DeMelo but what is Winnipeg going to accomplish by doing this.

EDIT: on a second thought, i guess you have to do something so you can go "don't say i never did nothing for ya".. if you got to do something not the worst thing in the world but i just think it's likely that the Jets miss the playoffs and even if they decide to keep him, he's not the guy they need.

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'm not really interested in DeMelo, if were gonna spend assets to get an RD I'd want one that can play in the top pairing

Martin Marincin is currently playing for the Leafs and they want to shelter Liljegren. It would shore up the defensive depth and give them someone to play on the 2nd pair when healthy.

I have to assume it's cap related (couldn't take on a player with just a pick going back).

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
WTF? A 3rd round pick? Really?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I thought Demelo would at least garner a 2nd. I'd insult Dorion here, but I'm pretty confident no team was willing to part with a 2nd for him if it ended up being Winnipeg.

Reactions: hn777

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Weak return, as to be expected from Pierre Dorion given his track record

Good 3rd pairing RD young enough to be a part of a team's long-term plans

Jets fans should be pretty happy about this

Reactions: Jets 31 and hn777

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Like Demelo a lot, maybe a possibility that he signs in WPG long term, a bit surprised that no prospect was attached or a 2nd.

A joke compared to the Greene Deal. (Ok I'm out)

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Nice price and pickup for WPG. Maybe not in the best position to buy, but with their D situation, they should have a real shot at retaining DeMelow after this year, so maybe not a straight rental.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->