Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Laurent Brossoit signs extension (1 year, $1.5M)

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Never understood why Jets fans and now management like this player. Aside from his one good season he's been a below average backup, showed as much this past season. He's 27 years old and even with his one good season his NHL totals are below average numbers. Surely could be replaced with a better option for 1.5M no? Had the cap gone up 1.5M is pretty fair, but with the squeeze and amount of goalies available, i'm sure had they waited he'd still be on the market available for 1M in a month. Personally I would have looked at Casey DeSmith. He was available for free on waivers last season, prob could be had for a 7th and would be cheaper cap hit

Last edited:

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
He won’t get many games as Helle is a workhorse. OK placeholder for Mikhail Berdin in a year or two.

Reactions: MardyBum

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Never understood why Jets fans and now management like this player. Aside from his one good season he's been a below average backup, showed as much this past season. He's 27 years old and even with his one good season his NHL totals are below average numbers. Surely could be replaced with a better option for 1.5M no? Had the cap gone up 1.5M is pretty fair, but with the squeeze and amount of goalies available, i'm sure had they waited he'd still be on the market available for 1M in a month. Personally I would have looked at Casey DeSmith. He was available for free on waivers last season, prob could be had for a 7th and would be cheaper cap hit
Best buddy of Hellebuyck. Keeping the best goalie in the league comfortable and happy is a reasonable approach.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'm fairly neutral about this signing. Brossoit has had ups and downs and I guess we need someone back there for days where Hellebuyck doesn't play. He seems like a decent guy.

Reactions: hn777

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Surprised he got that much. I would have figured he'd make an even 1m in case they sent him down...maybe to keep teams from claiming him off waivers? :dunno:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
He was decent his first season for us, and I doubt we could have found someone much better for 1.5 mil. He punched his TNSE good pro loyalty card with Chebby and gave our draft exposure goalie. The team was trash in front of him last year, but it goes to show you that Helle was playing out of his mind to keep us in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad