Claimed off Waivers: [WPG] Jets claim Luca Sbisa from Ducks

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Can you imagine being Jets fans, planning on watching your team with Jacob Trouba, Dustin Byfuglien, and Tyler Myers on it, then being told you'll be watching Carl Dahlstrom, Anthony Bitetto and Luca Sbisa instead? Whole different amount of alcohol needed for hockey season. :laugh:

I get what you’re saying except nobody was planning on watching Trouba and Myers. Going into the offseason it was a forgone conclusion that the Jets were moving on from both. The fear was they’d overpay Chiarot to try to keep some semblance of their d-core.

Reactions: hn777

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Sbisa hardly played last two years.
Jets really scraping the barrel.
Sbisa wasn’t good enough to be the regular 7/8 D last year

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Here's the back room reenactment of the Sbisa transaction.
donald-trump-tries-to-steal-bernie-sanders-french-fries-gif-animation.gif

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Sbisa hardly played last two years.
Jets really scraping the barrel.
Sbisa wasn’t good enough to be the regular 7/8 D last year

With all the injuries, Buff gone, and injuries to potential call ups, it'd probably be Nelson Nogier going in. Probably a toss up between the two.

I'd really wish Buff would make up his mind so we can use his cap space though.

Reactions: hn777

LuckyDucky

Mar 18, 2015
Not yet but give it a week. Something in Southern California is always on fire.
Cool. Even with the factually incorrect statement, you do realize how big SoCal is, right?

Maybe you don’t if your line of thinking is anywhere near the poster I quoted. Just for the geographically challenged, the current fire in LA is over 50 miles away from Newport Beach. Maps are fun!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Cool. Even with the factually incorrect statement, you do realize how big SoCal is, right?

Maybe you don’t if your line of thinking is anywhere near the poster I quoted. Just for the geographically challenged, the current fire in LA is over 50 miles away from Newport Beach. Maps are fun!

I do actually, born and raised in Upland, CA.

It was a joke, and I can make this joke because something is basically always on fire in SoCal, or there is a drought, or a mudslide, or a minor earthquake, and on and on and on there. It's actually why I left after college because there is no point in building roots there when so many things can destroy them.

FYI, there are so many fires in Cali every year there is an app so you can track them and be prepared in case you need to evacuate.

Ready for Wildfire App – Ready for Wildfire

p.s. It's kind of appropo to be talking about natural disasters in a Luca Sbisa thread. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad