Claimed off Waivers: [WPG] Jets claim Carl Dahlstrom from Blackhawks

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Doesn't really change anything for Winnipeg in my opinion.

I guess another body to keep with the roster if they want to have the waiver exempt guys in the minors.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
He is so vanilla, he does nothing special, he really is a warm body thats just always in the area

Reactions: hn777

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
He played about half the season last year for Chicago.
Big but very slow. He had a rough pre-season.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Yikes. Out of all defensemen that were available, them picking Dahlstrom (who is terrible) is just madness. That defense is an absolute tirefire.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Its incredibly frustrating to just want Dahlstrom do nothing but shadow his assignment. Not a good active stick, NEVER hits or takes the body, doesnt clear the net, not particularly good at blocking shots, average skater, doesnt exit the zone clean, doesnt carry the puck, provides zero offense, doesnt courtesy flush, takes the crusts off his sammiches, and we wasted a relatively high pick on him at#51 OA back in 2013

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Its incredibly frustrating to just want Dahlstrom do nothing but shadow his assignment. Not a good active stick, NEVER hits or takes the body, doesnt clear the net, not particularly good at blocking shots, average skater, doesnt exit the zone clean, doesnt carry the puck, provides zero offense, doesnt courtesy flush, takes the crusts off his sammiches, and we wasted a relatively high pick on him at#51 OA back in 2013
*shrugs*

I liked him as a Hawk. Certainly better than Forsling and Gustafsson defensively. At least he KNOWS which way is the d-zone. He's got size, he's not a great puck manager, but he doesn't overplay his cards either.

His stride is not quick but long. He can break up plays just fine. Bottom line is that for the minutes he plays the simple fact he doesn't make dumb plays is huge. A stopgap/plug? Yes. But not a detriment.

I doubt the Jets got him to lead their defense.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
And he gets paid for all of that? Where are my skates?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->