Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Jansen Harkins re-signs with the Jets (2 years, $725K AAV)

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Who is Jansen Harkins
Late-blooming prospect just coming out in NHL ready form, for Winnipeg Jets. Maybe Tre deals Johnny to Wpg for Jansen Harkins and "some other pieces"?
Just kidding. Monahan plus are going to Wpg for Laine, before Johnny G! ??
Harkins is a potentially decent middle 6/9 forward who can play Center or either wing. If no production improvement by Sam Bennett this coming season, I could see Harkins outscoring Benny's consistently average low point totals so far.
Maybe worth trying to trade Benny straight up for Harkins, next off-season, if the above outcomes happen?

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
He was easily one of our most underrated players last year and I could see him turning into a clutch guy for the Jets in the future. But it'd suck if Seattle took him in the expansion draft because I know if they were to take him he'd succeed there.

Reactions: hn777 and RustyCat

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
This will be a bargain contract in less than one season IMO. He can play up and down the lineup without looking like a train wreck. He's a good player.

I agree, he seems to have all kinds of upside and took huge strides last year. Work ethic off the charts and a great attitude. I like players like him.

Reactions: hn777

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Who is Jansen Harkins

Was rated in the 1 st round in 2015....TSN did a short bio on him and his family during the 1 st round. They kept panning to him on the Friday night 1 st round draft coverage..... saying Harkens still on the board and could be next..... He was finally drafted at 47 in the 2 Nd round.... by the Jets.

His dad had a short NHL stint with Calgary/ was/is the coach /GM of a WHL team in BC..... Dad also played a Russian player in the movie a miracle with Kurt Russell.

He is going to be one of the Jets best value contracts for next 2 years as he is close to breaking out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad