Confirmed Signing with Link: [WPG] Dmitry Kulikov (3 years, $4.33M AAV)

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Do the Jets have the most overpaid defense in the NHL? Buff 7.6, Enstrom 5.75, Myers 5.5, Kulikov 4.3.... No wonder Trouba wants out when everyone is getting paid but him.

We might... but we are well under the cap and management has done a good job of setting us up for the future. Tyler Myers only is paid $3.5 and $3.0 million the next 2 years. His cap hit is $5.5; to a team well under the cap you only look at the actual dollars.

Our top pair (Trouba and Morrisey) are on cheap contracts.
That allows us to spend more money on the other D in the short term.

Enstrom only has 1 year left.
Money aside this is the best top 6D we've ever had going into a season.

We just got Mark Stuart off the books so all in all when it's time to pay Trouba we won't have an issue doing that.

Slightly better goalltending and all of this could look a lot better.

Oh and did I mention Scheifele is on the most team friendly contract in the NHL. When his comparables will be making 8, 9, 10, 11 million plus we'll be enjoying the 8 year deal he is already on :handclap:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Goodness, you really love every move the Jets make. I don't even think people who like this move would describe it as cheaply in any terms.

Anyways, Yahoo had it as the worst FA signing of the day.

https://sports.yahoo.com/five-good-...7-000638452.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

An article submitted by "Puck Daddy".
The same guy who didn't list Trouba in our top 4 D?
Yeah he seems real knowledgeable.

We have to wait until the season starts to see how moves really work out.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I'm fascinated at how they think 27-31 year olds get them to the playoffs? Have they seen what others are doing? Detroit in same boat. They should blow this thing up.

Are you talking about the Jets?
With Stuart and Thorburn off the team we are one of the youngest in the league by far.

3rd youngest team in the league.
2 years younger on average then the Flames.

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams

Columbus and Arizona are the only 2 younger and we are close to them.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Greg Wyshynski is fake news, obviously.

Didn't call it fake news but how much can this guy really know if he doesn't know that Trouba is our #1 and doesn't even list him in our top 4.

The Jets top pair makes around $4.3 million combined this season.
I think they can afford to spend extra money on their D in the short term. It's not the best deal or the safest.
But it likely make the Jets a lot better (with Mason) and that is all that matters. Compare Kulikov to what he is replacing!

Someone wants to list us in a click bait article?
More power to them.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Injuries will always be a thing, so it's not like we can run with those six all year long, but if you split the ~120 minutes between the six...

Trouba 24
Buff 24
Morrissey 20
Enstrom 18
Myers 17
Kulikov 17

= 120 minutes.
Is a game not 60 minutes?

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Kulikov for 3 years at 4,3 or Marleau at 6.25 with full NMC and 35+ contract, I take this every day ;)

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Not really. Alzner is a better defenseman. I never like Kulikov... amazing trade by Florida IMO.

Both deals were gambles. Alzner was a larger and longer gamble. Doesn't really matter what individual fans think. What matters is how they play and how long they play that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->