Proposal: WPG CGY

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Wait....anderson is not even a bottom player in the NHL and has not proven himself.... but he is better than someone who is an NHL player cause he has high upside? Where was that upside when he was in the NHL?

Armia's ceiling looks pretty set. If you traded every promising prospect for a depth forward, you'd have a pretty bad team with no future pretty quickly. Anderson looks like he has all the right tools for the NHL. His floor looks to be #4/5 d-man. His ceiling could be much higher.

Quite honestly, anyone who trades more than a 2nd rounder for Armia, had better be on the verge of winning a cup or is making a bad decision. Adding another depth forward to the deal is also pretty bad asset management. In today's NHL the cost controlled middle defencemen are they to building a good team. Trading players like that will get you nowhere.

Basically, the way I see this deal is two 2nds for a mid to late 1st. That's not the move most teams should be making if they want long term success.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
No interest in Petan or Armia. If you want Andersson, it’s gonna be one of Roslovic, Veselainen or Appleton and I’d value them in that order. Vesalainen being about even value, a small add from the Flames for Roslovic and a small add from the Jets for Appleton. Other than that we’ll keep Andersson

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Haha Bennett and Andersson for Petan. That's hysterical. Andersson was almost scoring at the same pace as Petan in the AHL as a defenseman.

Roslovic or get out!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
if you're human you make mistakes and I'm def at fault for my own as well.

Andersson is probably ready for top 4 role but he's not getting it as a product of the depth of CGYs D-core. Same goes for Petan, Armia, Perrault, Roslovic, etc on the Jets in terms of forwards. There's just too much forward depth on the Jets and guys won't get opportunities to prove their better than their current role.
Oh for sure. I think the Flames move Stone this summer (maybe Ottawa will have interest to try and convince his brother to re-sign there?) in order to open up a spot for Rasmus. At the deadline it was stated the Flames were not interested in moving Andersson or Valimaki, so I think all this is pretty moot to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad