Proposal: WPG CGY

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Full warning you aren't gonna like the conversation to come. Some Flames fans think Fox is a stud in the making and are pretty overzealous whenever his name gets mentioned. I apologize in advance.

We are also getting the same kind of reaction about Andersson. Do all fan bases get overly attached to D prospects? :laugh:

I would like to get both Andersson and Kylington from Flames. Both can be spared and would fit Jets needs to a T. Jets have wingers to spare and could pay good value with what Flames seem to need. That doesn't mean Flames fans should look to build a SC contender out of the value of these 2 D prospects. They aren't even the best prospects Calgary has on either side. Valimaki is better than Kylington and Fox is supposed to be better than Andersson. So don't expect Jets best wingers, or wing prospects in return, just fair value.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No interest in moving a quarter for two dimes. Bad in terms of value for us. Vesalainen is who I'd want for Andersson.

Somebody (not naming anyone :laugh:) exaggerated the difference in value between Vesalainen and Andersson - but Vesalainen is worth more, even allowing for the difference between D and wing.

In general, I don't think Jets fans are going to be willing to part with Vesalainen, even for what appears to be fair value. His ceiling looks sky high. We will want to see if he can continue on the same trajectory for a while before dealing him.

And what the heck is Calgary going to do with another left wing? Isn't the weakness on the other side?

Reactions: LetsGoFlames

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Armia is a bottom 6 player and petan has not established himself as an nhler either, andersson is younger and has higher upside than both of them, we are not trading him for lesser parts. We can add something for vesalainen or trade for a fwd prospect of equal pedigree, but not lesser ones. Id trade that package for kylington only.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
While we do have a lot of D prospects, I don't see that as any reason to trade Andersson, who I think is the closest thing we have to a sure thing on the right side. For me, Valimaki and Andersson are the 2 D prospects we have that I'd least be willing to move. And the Jets DO have a lot of wing prospects, but we need right shot RW with top 6 potential so forget all who aren't that. That leaves very little that interests us.

To be honest, I don't see us as very good trade partners because I'm not all that interested in Armia (but it could worth it if the cost is pretty cheap) and it's clear that Vesalainen would cost way too much, and is a left shot anyways. Roslovic would be a guy I'd look at (assuming he doesn't mind playing RW full time) but what would that cost? Other than exploring that, I think there are better options to explore elsewhere.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Armia is a bottom 6 player and petan has not established himself as an nhler either, andersson is younger and has higher upside than both of them, we are not trading him for lesser parts. We can add something for vesalainen or trade for a fwd prospect of equal pedigree, but not lesser ones. Id trade that package for kylington only.
Wait....anderson is not even a bottom player in the NHL and has not proven himself.... but he is better than someone who is an NHL player cause he has high upside? Where was that upside when he was in the NHL?

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Yes. I do value Anderson highly. He's as close to a sure thing for an all situations 2nd pairing defender that you can get. When he played he was the Flames 3rd best defenseman this year. I want a winger who I think is a top 6 candidate for that. Not a 4th liner and a AHL tweener.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
While we do have a lot of D prospects, I don't see that as any reason to trade Andersson, who I think is the closest thing we have to a sure thing on the right side. For me, Valimaki and Andersson are the 2 D prospects we have that I'd least be willing to move. And the Jets DO have a lot of wing prospects, but we need right shot RW with top 6 potential so forget all who aren't that. That leaves very little that interests us.

To be honest, I don't see us as very good trade partners because I'm not all that interested in Armia (but it could worth it if the cost is pretty cheap) and it's clear that Vesalainen would cost way too much, and is a left shot anyways. Roslovic would be a guy I'd look at (assuming he doesn't mind playing RW full time) but what would that cost? Other than exploring that, I think there are better options to explore elsewhere.

You are entitled to your opinion but I don't think the suggestion is that you trade Andersson because you have a lot of D prospects. It is that you trade Andersson because you need RW's. And I certainly can't fault you for not wanting to do a quantity for quality trade.

We have Mason Appleton who is to RW prospects what Andersson is to D prospects, IMO. D are worth more than RW so I would offer an add to compensate for that, say a 2nd or a depth winger. Appleton is a skilled, scoring RW with good speed, good hands, good size and probably NHL ready, or very close.

LOL, if Burke was still in charge I'd offer Lemieux as the add because - truculence. I'm assuming that Tkachuk gives you enough of that now, but if not we could work something out.

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
If anything I'd want a winger that WE would have to add to our offer to acquire, if a 1 for 1 deal can't be found. To entice us to move Andersson, I think we'd need to be getting back a single player with equal or better value. But I am admittedly very high on Andersson. In my opinion he's a lock to be a fixture on our 2nd pairing for the foreseeable future.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Andersson has a lower floor as well.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
:laugh: So ....... will he be the 6th or the 7th top4 D man for the Flames?

Seriously, what is Calgary going to do with all the D? Already a loaded top 4 with Valimaki, Fox, Kylington and Andersson in the system.

Flames don't need Andersson. They need RW's. And a goalie.

Who the f*** knows. Flames have 6 NHL d-men signed today (even though Michael Stone is beyond atrocious) and Andersson is ready for the next level (Flames need Andersson to take over for Stone which he will if Tre gets rid of Stone), Valimaki could push this year and if not this year then definitely 2019. Fox is an offensive stud who can be the next great offensive d-men (with very little defensive ability). Kylington is a wildcard.

Realistically the Flames HAVE to trade on of their current NHL d-men to get Andersson in there and if Valimaki pushes, Hamonic should also be out (Brodie is better and can take his spot on the right side).

As for this offer posted by OP, I think Andersson is worth more than Armia + Petan. I have seen Jets fans clamour on about how good Armia is and he would flourish with more ice-time, but even if he doesn't he'd be a good 3rd liner for the Flames as our depth sucks. Though I think the Flames should aim higher than Armia if Andersson is on the block.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Andersson has a lower floor as well.
Uhhhh i think most flames fan agree he will be a top 6 at minimum and most likely top 4, i hardly call a top 6 floor lower than a bottom 6 forward and a 23 year old yet to be established nhler

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Wait....anderson is not even a bottom player in the NHL and has not proven himself.... but he is better than someone who is an NHL player cause he has high upside? Where was that upside when he was in the NHL?
andersson is already a boardline nhler at age 21, and most flames fans believe he is ready to play in the bottom 6. he has a higher upside AND and a relatively high floor, if he was an nhler already the offer presented shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
andersson is already a boardline nhler at age 21, and most flames fans believe he is ready to play in the bottom 6. he has a higher upside AND and a relatively high floor, if he was an nhler already the offer presented shouldnt even be mentioned in the same breath
Since Andersson is a defenseman, isn't the bottom 6 and top 6 exactly the same thing?

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
I don't think you know that your player is a defenseman. I don't think you should be commenting on value until you have actually watched him.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
LOL people stating their "opinion" when they don't even know who the player is or the position he plays!
Nothing he said was incorrect though, so it is very possible dude just had a brain fart and typed bottom 6 instead of bottom pairing; it is easy enough to do. I know I have made bigger mistakes than that before, I'm sure you have too. I've watched every game played by Andersson in the NHL and AHL over the past 2 years, the kid is very likely ready for prime-time and could be top 4 sooner rather than later. I say this as someone that was very down on him after it came out he had conditioning issues.

Reactions: LetsGoFlames

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Nothing he said was incorrect though, so it is very possible dude just had a brain fart and typed bottom 6 instead of bottom pairing; it is easy enough to do. I know I have made bigger mistakes than that before, I'm sure you have too. I've watched every game played by Andersson in the NHL and AHL over the past 2 years, the kid is very likely ready for prime-time and could be top 4 sooner rather than later. I say this as someone that was very down on him after it came out he had conditioning issues.
if you're human you make mistakes and I'm def at fault for my own as well.

Andersson is probably ready for top 4 role but he's not getting it as a product of the depth of CGYs D-core. Same goes for Petan, Armia, Perrault, Roslovic, etc on the Jets in terms of forwards. There's just too much forward depth on the Jets and guys won't get opportunities to prove their better than their current role.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Who the **** knows. Flames have 6 NHL d-men signed today (even though Michael Stone is beyond atrocious) and Andersson is ready for the next level (Flames need Andersson to take over for Stone which he will if Tre gets rid of Stone), Valimaki could push this year and if not this year then definitely 2019. Fox is an offensive stud who can be the next great offensive d-men (with very little defensive ability). Kylington is a wildcard.

Realistically the Flames HAVE to trade on of their current NHL d-men to get Andersson in there and if Valimaki pushes, Hamonic should also be out (Brodie is better and can take his spot on the right side).

As for this offer posted by OP, I think Andersson is worth more than Armia + Petan. I have seen Jets fans clamour on about how good Armia is and he would flourish with more ice-time, but even if he doesn't he'd be a good 3rd liner for the Flames as our depth sucks. Though I think the Flames should aim higher than Armia if Andersson is on the block.

Understand your point about Armia but I wonder if you realize just how good he really is as a forechecker. If it is possible to be elite at forechecking then he is it. He also has some offensive skill. He would probably be 2RW on the Flames - just my opinion. Easily 3rd though.

I can see Flames wanting a more offensive RW. That's why I offer Appleton. Very promising but - like Andersson - unproven at the NHL level. Jets would add.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
I don't think you know that your player is a defenseman. I don't think you should be commenting on value until you have actually watched him.
You are cute, i meant to type bottom pair but you do you mr oh why wasnt he in the nhl if he had upside

Last edited:

LetsGoFlames

Drop the puck!
Dec 18, 2011
Weyburn, Sk
What would it take for us to get Roslovic? I'd put Andersson on the table for that deal. I'd rather build something around Fox but I think it would take Andersson to be involved, would it not?

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
What would it take for us to get Roslovic? I'd put Andersson on the table for that deal. I'd rather build something around Fox but I think it would take Andersson to be involved, would it not?
Valimaki would be the ask I would guess. Roslovic will be a Centre and not a wing like he is playing now on the Jets. I don’t think a 2nd pair potential DMAN like Fox or Andersson does it for the Jets to move Roslovic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->