GDT: WPG @ CAR: Awards Night Edition

Highest Boss

Jan 15, 2014
Illinois
Slavin has overtaken his dogs in instagram followers
981m1ny.png

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
Is Williams the only forward who f8nisjes checks? Faulk had a great opportunity to lay buff out and he didn't. No wonder this is a bubble team.

Reactions: vorbis and Tryamw

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
It blows my mind how Staal is even able to play after what happened in his family. I know I'd still be in a million pieces. :(

He did say that Hannah had a birth defect, so depending on when it was diagnosed, it's possible they have had some to digest this horrible news. It's truly a horrible situation and my heart goes out to Jordan and his family, but it's likely they've known about this for quite some time. Which is in no way saying the actual event was anything less than heartbreaking.

As for the game, aside from not knowing where Laine is at all times and not being able to hit water if they fell out of a boat, the Canes seem to have good jump and decent intensity. I'd like to see them go to the net a little more.

They literally have to play a perfect game to beat elite teams like Winnipeg. As little margin for error as they have against the Devils and Islanders of the league, they have none against the Jets.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
general hockey fan here. has elias lindholm been a disappointment for you guys? like offensively he doesnt appear to be bringing it...but is he passing the eye test?

Weird, but I was just coming back here to post that Lindholm is driving me crazy tonight. Most of this board has a pretty high opinion of him, but I'm hoping we see if we can get some team to overpay in trade for him this offseason, before we give him a massive extension. Offense dies on his stick, whether he's at center or wing. I'm just not a big fan. If he used his size, strength and great release more effectively, he could be a great player, but he just ... doesn't.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
good to hear.
he really impressed me with skill and speed prior to getting drafted just wondering if he has regressed in skill or has been forced to play a more 2 way defensive game.

I really really wish he had an extra year or two to develop. He wasn't ready when he came to Raleigh and I think it's ruined him. He has the tools to be a 50-60+ point player and he finishes in the 40's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->