Confirmed Trade: [WPG/ANA] Ducks trade Nic Kerdiles to Jets for Chase De Leo

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
What EHM told me is that Kediles is waiver eligible starting next year, so I wonder if the Ducks traded him to get someone who was waiver exempt for next year.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Makes some sense for both teams.

De Leo is local boy who will serve well in the AHL.

Kerdiles is more productive in the AHL, and with a bigger body, still has some potential for a bottom 6 role one day.

It is important to the Jets organization to have a successful AHL team. This is just a move for that purpose.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Heh. Always liked De Leo, even though his development has stalled. Thought he had an outside chance as a fourth line energy player with the Jets.

Seems like a neutral, change of scenery type of trade.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
What EHM told me is that Kediles is waiver eligible starting next year, so I wonder if the Ducks traded him to get someone who was waiver exempt for next year.

De Leo is no longer waiver exempt.

It's a swap of two guys who are almost guaranteed to clear waivers in September/October.

Reactions: McDonald19

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He's shown no indication and has been given chances I don't see it

Been given chances? He got exactly 3 regular season games at the NHL level. 2 of which he didn't even get 4 minutes on the ice. That isn't anywhere near enough to get a good read on him.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
There's an old parable that goes something like this: A homesick lion wanted to go back and live in LA. He told his old friend, the crocodile, who still lived in LA, that if he helped him get back home, they could hang out together like old times. So the crocodile did his part, helped his friend get to LA, only to get his ass shipped up to Winnipeg in return. When the crocodile asked why he was deceived, his old friend replied, "You knew I was lion the whole time".

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
Anaheim trades away a SoCal boy that I used to work with in Kerdiles for a SoCal boy I used to play against in De Leo.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Classic Trader Bob. Always tinkering with the minor league guys. It has to be back in the days before the cap when a GM has made as many minor trades as he has.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Kerdiles is a buddy of Trouba and Copp.

Jets pay attention to details.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
DeLeo was never going to get a shot in wpg, but he's a talented kid. I'm happy for him. This was a mercy trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad