Confirmed Trade: [WPG/ANA] Ducks trade Nic Kerdiles to Jets for Chase De Leo

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Kerdiles I think could still wind up being a solid bottom 6 wing a la Noesen. He just needs to stay healthy and get an opportunity to play consistently at the NHL level. Neither happened with the Ducks.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Kerdiles I think could still wind up being a solid bottom 6 wing a la Noesen. He just needs to stay healthy and get an opportunity to play consistently at the NHL level. Neither happened with the Ducks.

He likely won't get many opportunities to play with the Jets either. Unless we run into injury troubles. I think this is a trade to try and beef up the Moose and some depth for the Jets.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I could have been easily convinced that this was a swap of cover band bass players. I've never heard of either of these guys.

Reactions: Pongs21

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah that was my thought too honestly. What other news has he broken though?

Doughty extension. He was first guy I saw mention that Taveres told Islanders he was going to meet with other teams. He broke something else this offseason just can’t remember what it was. He’s had a good offseason in regard to breaking news.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Doughty extension. He was first guy I saw mention that Taveres told Islanders he was going to meet with other teams. He broke something else this offseason just can’t remember what it was. He’s had a good offseason in regard to breaking news.
True, will eat crow on my previous posts in his regards then, thanks for the info.

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I remember De Leo being regarded as a 2nd rounder in the 2014 draft and many had him as the best player available at the WPG's pick.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Kerdiles has had serious injury issues which derailed his development. Perhaps he can develop into a bottom six forward, although that would have been more likely with the Ducks who currently have openings for fourth line players.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Don't really see the point in this one
I was assuming maybe just a positional depth thing, with De Leo having more experience at C, but looking at the orgs, Anaheim has plenty C depth, whereas C depth is something WPG needs, and LW is definitely not...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->