Wow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Marc Andre Fleury is rated a 9.5 on the site, do you think he really should be rated that or do you think the person doing the Pittsburgh page overrates Fleury.

n00dles

Dec 13, 2003
Germany
Visit site
Pens4ever said:
It seems like they really did listen. This system will be MUCH better than the previous one.
Agreed. Now we just need some consistency among the writers regarding the grading of prospects.

Last edited:

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
#2 said:
Marc Andre Fleury is rated a 9.5 on the site, do you think he really should be rated that or do you think the person doing the Pittsburgh page overrates Fleury.

They have to take into account that he plays on what is at this time a horrible team. They have to rate Fleury on his abilities, not how many goals he lets in because the team in front of him is so bad. I think that is a good number to use for him, because he is a tremendous young goalie, with loads of upside. He seems to get the off ice stuff too, which is becoming harder to find. He smiles, he always stands up, and takes his lumps by way of the media, like a man and I think he represents the game well for such young guy.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Puckhead said:
They have to take into account that he plays on what is at this time a horrible team. They have to rate Fleury on his abilities, not how many goals he lets in because the team in front of him is so bad. I think that is a good number to use for him, because he is a tremendous young goalie, with loads of upside. He seems to get the off ice stuff too, which is becoming harder to find. He smiles, he always stands up, and takes his lumps by way of the media, like a man and I think he represents the game well for such young guy.

Yup i think he has loads of talent too, just didnt know if he really fit the 9.5 spot.

NewHabsEra*

This is great... I wanted to suggest something like that but I could'nt do better...

If every writer make a fair job, this system rating is gonna be really indicative of what every depth chart really look like...

Congreat HF!

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
cheers for HF staff.... :handclap: :yo: I've always thought there should be a system like this...in my mind I envisioned a % of that player to reach his potential, in this case the Lettering system is essentially the same as %, that way a player such as Brendl for example would have been maybe rated 9C or 9D.. thus a 9 for having good potential for being a sniper and the C or D for being a very risky prospect..... that way one has a better understanding of the players ability, than just rating a Brendl as a 8 as an example.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Great new system, change is indeed a good thing.

It looks as if they are already implementing it too. All Leafs prospects have been re-rated, and uh, Hannu Toivonen of the Bruins (with a 7.5A).

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
X-SHARKIE said:
Good but lets hope that every team follows the same system...so many teams prospects are way over rated....St.Louis ect.

Ironically my impression is that the Blues fans feel their prospects are terrifically under-rated.

Considering not one of their prospects made last year's top 50, I'm more inclined to agree with that train of thought, but I am certainly interested in, perhaps over PM or in a different thread that won't take away from the important discussion of the system change, how you feel the Blues prospects are way over rated.

The Jerk*

X-SHARKIE said:
Good but lets hope that every team follows the same system...so many teams prospects are way over rated....St.Louis ect.

I'd have to disagree with that, St. Louis players are among the most underrated on these boards...having said that, the latest update of the Blues players may have been a bit high, I think that's what you may be talking about...

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Bluesfans shouldnt complain about the top 50. Its hard to predict. There was only one Ranger prospect and I bet thats the case with many teams.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Fleury is a 9.5?!?! :eek:

Hockeys Future said:
9 - Elite forward / defenseman / goaltender -- possesses the potential for greatness, a likely Hall of Fame candidate once his playing days are over. Think Mark Messier, Guy Lafleur, Niklas Lidstrom, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur - definite Hall of Fame players that displayed great talent early on.

And Fleury is better than that eh? :loony:

Rand

Oct 17, 2002
AskMe
Lehtonen32 said:

The Pens prospects haven't been updated to reflect the new ranking system though.

Leafs, Kings and Thrashers editors are the only ones that have updated their prospect listing as yet.

Senor Rational

Feb 11, 2004
St. Louis
X-SHARKIE said:

Care to explain? How can our prospects be overrated when not 1 was in the top 50? :dunno:

Ovverated? no :p: Underrated? no :D

Unproven...a little :(

Also, Disalvatore got the same ranking in our system from our writer that your writer gave him. We have some prospects with lots of potential (see Sejna, Zhakarov, Shotov) its just whether they can survive the next level of play. They all have top line potential its just whether they can escalate their play to reach it.

NewHabsEra*

Lehtonen32 said:

Fleury has tremendous skills, without any doubt one of the most skilled goaltender ever but he is a pretty immature kid and I'm not sold about his "mental toughness"

From the new system rating, I would rate him as 9.5C (may reach his potential, may drop)

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
NewHabsArea said:
Fleury has tremendous skills, without any doubt one of the most skilled goaltender ever but he is a pretty immature kid and I'm not sold about his "mental toughness"

From the new system rating, I would rate him as 9.5C (may reach his potential, may drop)

Looks like someone is listening (thank you HollyG!), he just got dropped to a 9B.

I think its a bit too early to say Fleury is 'without a doubt one of the most skilled goaltenders ever' too, but thats all opinion of course.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
The Rangers one is up. I think its very questionable (not that there underrated, some are overrated/underrated a LOT) but Im glad its updated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->