Wow. You guys have a classy fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
I'm living in India right now, so because of the time difference maybe this thread is a bit late. But I've been reading your GDT thread on the Rangers-Sens game and am impressed. Kudos from a Sens fan on your response to the Anderson injury. Very classy.

:handclap:

Wish you all the best, except when you play us.

flyingsouth

Jun 29, 2011
Sydney
That's why we're New Yorkers and not Philadelphians ;)

Thanks for the compliment, cheers.

Hey! :rant:

No look, we're seriously a happy harmonious bunch in the Atlantic... United against Sid, Pierre and those *****in' Pens!!! :laugh:

In all seriousness, hope Andy heals soon. It'd be a shame for a guy who seems to be having a career year have it be thwarted by injury.

Fusbolito

Jan 29, 2012
Speaking with complete honesty, I love it when my Sens play the Rangers. Both teams are hardworking, both teams know when to play physically, but usually don't go over the line, and both teams have some flash, when our star players aren't injured. I hope Nash gets well soon.

You guys are a knowledgeable, passionate hockey fan base, and last year's first round playoff series was fun as hell to watch. We came out on the wrong end of things, but it was close enough that I think either team could have taken game 7 and noone would have been surprised. Here's to a new rivalry where both teams respect more than hate.

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Maybe it is. :laugh:

Very good point. lol

Now I'm like:

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
While I'd hesitate to refer to any fanbase as "classy" on aggregate, it's just the nature of being a 'fan", this board definitely does have a good proportion of reasonable, objective folks. MSG? Not so much.

Have any of you guys ever been to a game in Ottawa? I was at one right after the Rangers acquired Bure back in '02. The only way I could describe the experience is "surreal". The Rangers won the game, but I did not hear one drunken heckle or any sort of aggression from anyone in the building whatsoever. Quite the opposite actually, as I was surrounded by older women and kids in a very family-like atmosphere in whatever section we happened to be in. Nothing but friendly conversation and a good time had by all. It was great, even for 21 year old me.

The Sens have always been my 2nd favorite EC team as well. Always fun to watch, lots of Swedes, and clean. I can't even get mad when the Rangers lose to them.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I wonder what will happen in here when fans of other, more geographically convenient rivals come to post...

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
I clicked the link wondering what this fanbase did THIS TIME to piss someone off. :laugh:

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
I'm living in India right now, so because of the time difference maybe this thread is a bit late. But I've been reading your GDT thread on the Rangers-Sens game and am impressed. Kudos from a Sens fan on your response to the Anderson injury. Very classy.

:handclap:

Wish you all the best, except when you play us.

The Rangers board on HF only likes hyperbolic *****ing about and ******** on the Rangers

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I appreciate the post. No one want to see Anderson injured. However, I have lost a lot of respect for Sens fans after that thread on the main board where a Sens poster cried about the terrible officiating in a game that saw his team have a goal taken from the opposition due to a quick whistle. Then you saw another Sens poster saying how Kreider dove 3 times and mocked the Rangers for having him being a top prospect. Another one was talking **** that we'd lose 1-0 with Anderson in net. The vast majority were classy and disagreed with the thread, but still that thread was disappointing.

misha1976

Mar 2, 2012
Delhi, India
I appreciate the post. No one want to see Anderson injured. However, I have lost a lot of respect for Sens fans after that thread on the main board where a Sens poster cried about the terrible officiating in a game that saw his team have a goal taken from the opposition due to a quick whistle. Then you saw another Sens poster saying how Kreider dove 3 times and mocked the Rangers for having him being a top prospect. Another one was talking **** that we'd lose 1-0 with Anderson in net. The vast majority were classy and disagreed with the thread, but still that thread was disappointing.

Sure. There are blow hards in every fan base. What I see is a fairly friendly rivalry that for the most part brings out the reasonable crowd who have mutual respect. That could change in the future (and it got pretty crazy for a bit last year after the whole Carkner thing), but I'm honestly not trolling. It was a genuine compliment.

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
that seams about right. Never understand how some fans want players on the nyr to fail.

That want to say "I told you so". We're an odd bunch around here, hate each other most of the time but when the team does well it's high fives for everyone.

Except for Killem and I, we always love each other. We've both informed our wives they have serious competition.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
Ottawa broadcast crew...Potvin or Brown figured figured Kreider was at fault for hurting the goalie . They stated he had been falling down all night . I was half asleep when they explained it...but I would bet money...that they were implying that it was intentional . I had to listen to those clowns for the game...and it was no fun .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad