WOW, USA\Quebec U-17 gold medal game on CI right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Alouette_19 said:
Good job by the Quebecers.....

Especially after the bad tournament they had last year..... :clap:

I only watched the first half, and up until the two quick Quebec goals, the American team was almost dominant, but the goalie(Raffael D'Orso) kept Quebec in it enough.

Any info on that kid? He was really impressive, from what I saw. He impressed me much more than Esposito did, actually.

Misos Milakos*

lol at the American team being 'almost' dominant.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
nomorekids said:
I only watched the first half, and up until the two quick Quebec goals, the American team was almost dominant, but the goalie(Raffael D'Orso) kept Quebec in it enough.

Any info on that kid? He was really impressive, from what I saw. He impressed me much more than Esposito did, actually.

There are some excellent '89 born Americans not playing on the U17 team, like Drayson Bowman from the WHL. Also Jon Blum, playing for the Vancouver Giants, is playing very well in the WHL as a 16 yr old.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
HabLover said:
There are some excellent '89 born Americans not playing on the U17 team, like Drayson Bowman from the WHL. Also Jon Blum, playing for the Vancouver Giants, is playing very well in the WHL as a 16 yr old.

That doesn't take away the achievements of a single province against a big powerful nation. :clap: :clap:

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Why does USA get to put in a "super team" while Canada has to split up into territories? Seems a little unfair. Who are some of the past champions of the tourney? Does the USA win it all the time?

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
The past winners

2005 Lethbrige, AB West Pacific Atlantic WU17HC
2004 St. John's, NL Ontario Pacific Quebec WU17HC
2002 Selkirk-Stonewall, MB USA Pacific Ontario WU17HC
2001 New Glasgow-Truro, NS USA Pacific Ontario WU17HC
2000 Timmins Russia Ontario Pacific WU17HC
1998 Swift Current, SK West/Sask USA Finland Split Event
1998 Kitchener, ON Ontario Czech Quebec Split Event
1997 Central Alberta Ontario Sweden Quebec WU17
1995 Moncton, NB Ontario Finland Quebec WU17
1994 Amos, QB Quebec USA Pacific WU17
1992 Sudbury, ON Ontario Quebec Czechoslovakia WU17
1990 Quebec Finland Quebec USSR Quebec Cup
1988 Quebec USSR Sweden Quebec Quebec Cup
1986 Quebec Quebec USSR Pacific Quebec Cup

I actually played in the 92 tourny for team West and remember Viktor Kozlov and thinking how godly he was at the time.

Misos Milakos*

ryz said:
Why does USA get to put in a "super team" while Canada has to split up into territories? Seems a little unfair. Who are some of the past champions of the tourney? Does the USA win it all the time?

Thats Canada's choice. Canada is deep enough to ice multiple teams that can be competitive, allowing players who ordinarily wouldn't gain some valuable experience in playing in international competition.

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
ryz said:

The reason is simple, Canada have more players and can evaluate more easily the talent of each regions of Canada.....That way when the players go for U20, the scouts have already a good idea of the players.....The poor performing of the Quebec players are a big factor for the lack of consideration when Canada must select the players for the U20....

Be sure that Esposito is going to be on Team Canada next year....

In the fact even split up Canada are stronger than many other country.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
That doesn't take away the achievements of a single province against a big powerful nation. :clap: :clap:

Oh, no doubt. It is pretty crazy that Canada can put in 5 teams and any or all of them can take the gold medal! I mean the last 2 years they have swept the medal haul which is even pretty good. It should mean some good things for years to come at the WJC's.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
What surprized me the most about team Quebec was how big and fast the team was in general. Most of these guys are already 6 feet + at ages 15 and 16... Pretty impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad