WOW: OHL suspends 2 for 15 games...

Big Punisher*

May 23, 2014
Look at it this way. These guys are representatives of the organization and the league. What they do on and off the ice represents the team and the OHL. This situation is no different than someone who takes the company van home and gives another driver the finger or someone wearing a company uniform at McDonalds during lunch and swearing because he asked for no ketchup on his Big Mac.

There is a way to behave and a way not to behave when you are representing an organization.. these guys are a lesson in how not to behave and will pay the price.

Ok, so if that is the case, why does the league turn a blind eye to actual criminal behavior?

Logan Hunter was charged with Impaired Driving. The league took no action
Dale Hunter was charged with Impaired Driving. The league took no action
Dave Gagner was charged with Impaired Driving. The league took no action.
Rob Ramage, who had just recently served time in prison for killing some while he was driving impaired, was hired by a team in the OHL, and the league said nothing
Jeff Paul was charged with Impaired Driving. The league took no action

So don’t say something mean in a private conversation, but go ahead and get hammered, then hop behind the wheel of a car.

Or maybe you just get away with it if you are part of an organization that keeps getting help from the league’s front office

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Ok, so if that is the case, why does the league turn a blind eye to actual criminal behavior?

Rob Ramage, who had just recently served time in prison for killing some while he was driving impaired, was hired by a team in the OHL, and the league said nothing

So don’t say something mean in a private conversation, but go ahead and get hammered, then hop behind the wheel of a car.

Or maybe you just get away with it if you are part of an organization that keeps getting help from the league’s front office

There probably should have been stiffer penalties by the league re: the above situations. I suspect we'll see something different should it happen again. We're in new territory here, and we'll see how the league reacts to the next iffy incident.

As much as I detest the Knights, I don't think the league set out to protect London. Different times, different measures.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
There probably should have been stiffer penalties by the league re: the above situations. I suspect we'll see something different should it happen again. We're in new territory here, and we'll see how the league reacts to the next iffy incident.

As much as I detest the Knights, I don't think the league set out to protect London. Different times, different measures.

Hate to say it (for the same reason you have)....but I do agree with your sentiments!
Happy to say that as a society we have shown a huge leap in evolution in this regard and racial discrimination the last few years (but many
more advances need to be made and sustained!)

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Is a hit from behind suspension the same today as it was 10 years ago?

Times have changed and so have the league policies. I suspect that if something similar happened today there would be punishment. In the case of Ramage, he served his time.

Jeff Paul is a new one to me, I'd be interested in reading about that story. Do you have a link?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad