wow, 90% approve this deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
PecaFan said:
I'm surprised it was that low, actually. I had predicted 90+ percent.

Although, it was such a forgone conclusion the past few days, I wouldn't be surprised if a few folks threw a no vote in just to express their dissatisfaction, that would have voted yes otherwise.
I called the same. I suspect if the entire membership had cast a vote, the 90s would have been reached.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
dedalus said:
I called the same. I suspect if the entire membership had cast a vote, the 90s would have been reached.

No kidding. I just saw the number, a lousy *532* voted. That's over 200 players who couldn't even be bothered to get to a computer and click Yes or No.

The apathy here is truly astounding.

SENSible1*

iagreewithidiots said:
I just want to know if the cap was such a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad thing. If people who wanted one were such stupid poodles. Where are all the loud mouth anti cappers yelling and screaming about how horrible this deal is for us?

Where are you now?

Try Tom Benjamin's blog on Canuckscorner.com. They hang out there *****ing, moaning and whining incessantly. Really quite amusing.

It has been interesting to note the disappearance of Vanlady, Wettie and Bicycle Repairman from these boards. A true testament to their character.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Tom seems to be on the "linkage is good for everyone" band wagon now when at the beginning there is no way the players should accept such a thing. After all the owners were a bunch of lying liars. The players should have a free market etc etc etc. Ah well, you do need a pro-player blog out there....there are so few people willing to be that and Tom does a good job and is a decent writer.

SENSible1*

tantalum said:
Tom seems to be on the "linkage is good for everyone" band wagon now when at the beginning there is no way the players should accept such a thing. After all the owners were a bunch of lying liars. The players should have a free market etc etc etc. Ah well, you do need a pro-player blog out there....there are so few people willing to be that and Tom does a good job and is a decent writer.

Interesting that Tom has made the switch. I haven't been there in a few days, but when I last read his site, he was still very much in bitter loser mode.

Tom is a good writer and I like getting his view of things. It just was hard not to take a little pleasure in watching him cry like a baby after Bettman mopped the floor with his hero.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Thunderstruck said:
Interesting that Tom has made the switch. I haven't been there in a few days, but when I last read his site, he was still very much in bitter loser mode.

Tom is a good writer and I like getting his view of things. It just was hard not to take a little pleasure in watching him cry like a baby after Bettman mopped the floor with his hero.

Perhaps I'm mixing him up with some of the others....hard to keep track sometimes. I don't check his blog out every day...I visit every couple of weeks and go through it so I could just have a faulty memory right now.

Yep just going to his blog now...he is very much in a bitter everyon lost mood. He thinks the deal is bad for everyone I think based on principle that the owners system couldn't possibly be good. My mistake mixed him up with the other guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad