Wow 7-0 Canada ( women ) > Russia at the end of the first period

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
If I'm playing on Italy or Russia and getting blown out I still want Canada to play their hardest to the end. Anything else is an insult and disrespectful, you're telling them they aren't deserving and worthy of Canada's best.

And yeah, 60 shots on Germany, thats really letting up. Maybe it just so happens the US team only scored as many goals as they were able.

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
Macman said:
A lot of those American dump-ins must have been right on net because they had 60 shots against the Germans.

Canada, meanwhile, had 43 shots against Russia.

But...the Americans could have had 62 shots on goal. They did ease up :D

Macman

May 15, 2004
Pathfinder said:
But...the Americans could have had 62 shots on goal. They did ease up :D

There were also no lifters. That would be dishonourable.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
10-0 over Finland would be impressive!
as would 3-0 over the U.S.

There are only two elite countries in women's hockey and one or two more semi-competitive countries... and Russia is NOT one of them!

(not yet)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Men's ice hockey used to be a joke. Just Canada and the Soviet Union. Then Czechoslovakia (like Finland in women's) became good in men's hockey.

Now, half a century later, after a century for the sport to develop, there are seven countries which are competitive in men's ice hockey.

So, after less than twenty years of women's ice hockey, what do you expect?

It takes time to develop an international sport.

(and Canada-U.S. games are extremely competitive - 1998 Olympics women's ice hockey gold medal game was excellent).

ScottyBowman

Mar 10, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
I don't think you can compare men's hockey and women's hockey in terms of "Their were only 2 teams and the rest sucked and now their are 6 good teams". I may be totally wrong but women in a lot of European countries don't get the same chance as the men do in regards to sports like Hockey/Basketball. Its going to end up like women's olympic basketball where the US team dominates every year.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Slick Nick said:
I totaly agree with this. This sport is ridiculous and should not be part of the olympics.

Well, I don't think it's ridiculous: no more ridiculous then women's basket or soccer - let them play. But the situation is ridiculous and it should be excluded from the Games, like some softball or badminton, untill there is a copmetition for a change.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't know if been said, but there are two givens in Women's Hockey right now

1. The other nations get crushed by Canada and the USA

2. Canada and the USA will play for the Gold medal

And frankly I can't wait for that game it will be very very good.

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
Women have as much right to play ice hockey as men. They just shouldn't do it in Olympics. Everyone knows that it's between Canada and USA. Everyone else is way behind. Why should there be a medal specially for one of the two countries.

Dump female hockey from the Olympics and include some something like bendi (hockey with a ball). At least it can be played by about four countries...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad