Would you?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Ok. Let's say the Sharks aren't on his no-trade list, for whatever reason. Why would the Sharks make that trade?
Did you see the returns Grier got for Karlsson and Burns? They retained 33% on Burns for a 3rd, they retained and took back cap dumps on Karlsson for a 1st. I'm not saying the Sharks should do it. I wouldn't be willing to add much more to bring Hertl here and he's one of my favorite players.

If he doesn't look like he'll be a top 6 player, why would the Sharks want him?
Maybe their scouts/GM view him differently than ours do? Add a 2nd or a B prospect maybe?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Guerin is not going to trade Kaprizov with 2 years left on his contract. He’s going to open up Leipold’s checkbook in 2025/2026 and give Kaprizov whatever he wants.

What Guerin should be doing is poking around potential young stars that could be available via trade. Someone like Zegras this offseason or Pettersson next offseason. Someone that will make Kaprizov feel like he’s not playing on an island if Zuccarello leaves. I don’t think that is Boldy either. Boldy has shown twice now that he is monumentally more effective with a speedy winger opposite of him.

Imagine if the Wild could pull something like Rossi+1st+D prospect+Foligno+Middleton for Zegras. Sign Zegras to a bridge deal of something like 3 x $6M or whatever doesn’t take him right to free agency.

Kap-Zegras-Zucc
Johansson-Ek-Boldy
Hartman-Gaudreau-Walker (the all right handed line lol)
Duhaime-Dewar-Maroon

Brodin-Faber
Goligoski-Spurgeon
Merrilll-Addison

Gus
MAF
Yeah i just don't see Leipold ok with Kaprizov leaving. He cares about jersey sales and marketing. Even if the long-term payout could be better if we trade him and bring in assets that will help the future youth core. I would wager that Leipold and the Wild would rather milk every dollar they can out of Kaprizov for merchandising and marketing. The Wild finally have their NHL Star. They won't be quick to get rid of him.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
If I was convinced that Zegras wanted to be more than a show pony, I'd have more interest. Not every game is the NHL allstar skills competition. Just play dude and show a little grit.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If I was convinced that Zegras wanted to be more than a show pony, I'd have more interest. Not every game is the NHL allstar skills competition. Just play dude and show a little grit.

He could stand to have more grit in his game, but I'm not sure why you think that means he just wants to be a show pony. By all accounts he's a very hard worker and wants to win more than anything. Plenty of guys have had successful careers without much grit. If the skill set he has helps win games, why would he not use it?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
He could stand to have more grit in his game, but I'm not sure why you think that means he just wants to be a show pony. By all accounts he's a very hard worker and wants to win more than anything. Plenty of guys have had successful careers without much grit. If the skill set he has helps win games, why would he not use it?
When I've seen him I saw a lot of "float" to his game and a willingness to wait for the flashy play. Just would like to see more dirty area play from him before going all in. In a world full of post-buyout possibilities, he's not my favorite. IMO.

ETA: after so many years of watching Koivu, Ek, etc., maybe I've forgotten how a skilled center plays.

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
When I've seen him I saw a lot of "float" to his game and a willingness to wait for the flashy play. Just would like to see more dirty area play from him before going all in. In a world full of post-buyout possibilities, he's not my favorite. IMO.

ETA: after so many years of watching Koivu, Ek, etc., maybe I've forgotten how a skilled center plays.

There's merit to wanting more grit in his game, and I think some of it will come with more time, I just don't think the game always requires that anymore. He's still a very good player without it. And I think in a situation where both of his linemates are playing that time of game, he would be just fine.

But this is all kinda moot to me cause I don't think he's actually available, and I don't think we would be the highest bidders if he was.

Reactions: Dickie Dunn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad