WOuld you trade Petterson for Dahlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Nope. Dahlin is likely generational. He is that good and that doesn't come around all that often.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Dahlin for me all day long. He is 18 playing as a top pair D in the NHL and doing really well at it. That is just so rare to see you can't pass on him. Nevermind Petterson likely isn't going to continue scoring at 50% here. I want to see his points after game 40.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I mean this is like asking if you’d rather have MacKinnon or Hedman.

You can’t go wrong either way, it depends on what your team needs.

As a Canucks fan I wouldn’t make this trade.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Pettersson all day, every day.

(Expects many Leafs fans to come in and pick Dahlin just because).

Yes, because TOR fans LOVE Buffalo...

It's still Dahlin at this point IMO. FYI I would take Dahlin over Barzal as of now and I don't think EP40 will put up the same #'s as Barzal did last year.

By the start of next year I could have a different opinion, but from what I have seen of both (I have been watching quite a bit of both in the NHL and the bit that I could from before the NHL), you can't trade Dahlin for EP yet.

Both fantastic players and EP has a good chance to run away with the calder, but Dahlin playing this good of a 2way game at 18 is scary as a TML fan.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Pettersson all day, every day.

(Expects many Leafs fans to come in and pick Dahlin just because).
Leaf Fans & your head = Rent free :laugh:

Think of this, Buffalo is a much more relevant rival to the Leafs, and their biggest need.... A franchise defenseman, ala Rasmus Dahlin.

That's why I would choose Dahlin over Pettersson.

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
I choose Pettersson pretty easy. I like Dahlin but I'm not even sure if he'll be that much better than Heiskanen when all is said and done. Also center is the more valuable position IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad