Would you trade Marchand for any of these players?

Which of these players would you trade Brad for, 1 for 1? (you can pick multiple)

• Total voters

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Who left the door open again? You know when you do that, every mention of a Leafs player brings those delusional fans in here to poop in our sand box. How many times do you need to be reminded to shut the frigging door?

I'm still in favor of a big scrolling banner across the top of our page kindly pointing them back in the right direction

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'm still in favor of a big scrolling banner across the top of our page kindly pointing them back in the right direction

Hell, the last couple of playoff matchups, the mods had to put a big banner on their board warning them to stay off our board. f***ing millenials.

Reactions: bbfan419

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Hell, the last couple of playoff matchups, the mods had to put a big banner on their board warning them to stay off our board. f***ing millenials.

Sports talk is basically dead. Dont really mind if a leafs fan weighs in on a hypothetical scenario

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I get you like Marchand, I do to, but there isn't a player besides Pasta on the Bruins that I wouldn't trade for him. Edmonton would not make that deal
Of course they wouldn't do that deal. Drai is an absolute stud, signed to a reasonable deal. Problem for me is wing. The Bs have failed for years now to address the scoring winger issue on the 2nd line. Take an elite winger off the first line (that line is the Bs biggest weapon), and you really have some holes. I get that Drai can score goals, but there is no guarantee he will do at Boston, on whatever line he would be put on, what he has done in Edm the past couple years. Marchy is too important of a piece to be trading away at a time in which the Bs seem to be on the cusp of winning a Cup. Then there are the salary cap issues at a time in which the cap will not be as much as predicted pre-COVID, and at a time in which the team is trying to sign Krug. The roughly $2.4 mil difference between Marchy and Drai could end up being important. I guess I'm looking at the whole picture over the next 5 years. In a vacuum, just looking at age and talent level, if I were starting a team and had to pick one of the two, I would go with Drai.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sports talk is basically dead. Dont really mind if a leafs fan weighs in on a hypothetical scenario

Depends on how they weigh in. If they give their opinion and are respectful and interested in a back and forth dialogue, sure. Coming in and arguing nonsense though? Yeah, hard pass.

Reactions: Estlin

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For me I would not trade Brad at this time. That first line is unreal and the team chemistry is wonderful.

Some of the players listed are excellent young players but they would want way more money than Brad. He could have made more $$$ elsewhere and stayed here because he loves it. You won't get a player that is as skilled as Marchy for what he makes.

I feel it would be foolish to trade away anyone on that line.

I am quite sure most other teams would LOVE if the B's traded Brad. I am also pretty sure Bergy would NOT be happy if that happened.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
The few I picked were simply due to their ages.

I'm good with keeping him over the guys close to his age or older.

There are some players that never achieve IT. The willingness to win at all costs. Marchand elevates his game in the playoffs. I never thought OVI could but he did.

I think Matthews would, Eichel and Leon. Not sure if the other would.

Reactions: sarge88

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
There are some players that never achieve IT. The willingness to win at all costs. Marchand elevates his game in the playoffs. I never thought OVI could but he did.

I think Matthews would, Eichel and Leon. Not sure if the other would.

Draisaitl already did in his 1 chance at the playoffs (so far)

13 games
6-10-16
+8
21 hits
led the Oilers in scoring by 5, and scored 7 more than McDavid and had 2nd most ice time per game (19:32) among forwards

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
The homerism in this thread is strong. I love Marchy, but he’s got at best 2 or 3 more years of dominance left. Most of the guys on that list have more than a decade of elite play; there are a lot of future Art Rosses and Hart trophy’s on that list.

as others have said, “no” for the ones that are his age or older, but hell yes for the 20-25 year old superstars.

member 96824

Marchand elevates his game in the playoffs

His reg season PPG is higher than playoffs, mostly due to the inconsistency. Some years he shows up big, others he is no where to be seen.

I’ll give him this though, he always makes sure to have ample rest in the playoffs. If his legs are telling him he needs 20:08 of rest instead of the normal 20 minute intermission by god he’s going to make sure he gets that.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
You would have to as a good business decision, Matthews is 10 years younger, Draisaitl is 8 years younger, just for 2 quick examples.

I love Marchand he is a great player but if you can get an extra 8-10 years out of a player that is close to as good as a player you have to do it.
The issue is salary cap. Marchand is significantly cheaper then most the guys on this list and is one of the best wingers in the world.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The homerism in this thread is strong. I love Marchy, but he’s got at best 2 or 3 more years of dominance left. Most of the guys on that list have more than a decade of elite play; there are a lot of future Art Rosses and Hart trophy’s on that list.

as others have said, “no” for the ones that are his age or older, but hell yes for the 20-25 year old superstars.
You have to consider chemistry and certainly salary cap.

Reactions: Jean_Jacket41

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Idk. I said no just because I've always liked Marchy and you know he'd be Tomas Vanek x2 against in the future. Although players like Drai make more then enough sense...

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
Transitioning from Bergeron to Barkov would be cool, but I wouldnt wanna trade Marchand, love him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->