Speculation: Would you trade for Lecavalier?

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Some of you guys need to forget about him. His contract is atrocious, and we really do not need him.

Move on gentlemen

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
If we needed him that much and wanna get this contract, Habs would've done that deal last summer. They didn't 5 years of him last summer, they surely not want 4 years of Vinny today....not after this season.

TimStrickland

Jul 30, 2011
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
Lecavalier is supposedly on the trading block in Philly. He's signed for 4 more years, at 4.5 million per year.

I thought maybe something around:

To Montreal: Vincent Lecavalier, 2015 second rounder

To Philadelphia: David Desharnais

Montreal gets bigger up the middle and an asset for Timmons to work with in a solid draft year for taking on term and salary. Flyers get a decent center.

Pacioretty - Eller - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Callahan (hopefully)
Bourque - Lecavalier - Gionta
Bournival - Prust - Weise
Briere, White

Beaulieu - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Weaver
Tinordi

4Gb2SaB.gif

workaholics-no.gif

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
Sorry Vin, we just don't want you here. You had your chance, and ya gave us the big old snuberoony. So now, it's our turn... up yours...

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Sorry Vin, we just don't want you here. You had your chance, and ya gave us the big old snuberoony. So now, it's our turn... up yours...

For me it's just a hockey decision. He's Briere 2.0. Briere slowed down due to old age, Lecavalier due to injuries. But he's just not a very effective hockey player anymore.

Anyone who thinks he could help, especially at the end of his contract, should read all the complaints Philly fans have about him (see philly.com).

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I wouldn't even trade for his chewing gum cards at this point in his career.

His contract gives him negative value.

Phillie will either need to eat some cap hit, buy him out or add n asset(pick) for a team to take him as is.

I could see NYI being interested if Phillie keeps 30-40% of his cap hit. 3.15 to 2.7 mil left.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
I'd like to take this opportunity to respond to the original poster
bwahahahahahaha

carry on

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
sorry, but Vinny had his chance to sign with the Habs and he opted for the Flyers because they were stupid enough to give him 5 years.

could you imagine if we had signed Brière for 5 years? LOL.

No. He sure as hell isn't the same player he was when we had the best chance of getting him all those years ago.

Big no now.

Totally agree with the above.

This is Subban and Price's team...we don't want leftover crap from other teams.

Lecavalier had his chance to be a Hab...he didn't want to join.
This overpaid bum has been worthless for many seasons now.

Let him make his millions as a very injury prone, heartless/gutless aging-fast player who will be forgotten very soon.

I don't want this **** wearing the CH.

Let him join the Leaves as a 4th liner.

p.s.: I hope some team has the guts to send him to the AHL (so they don't have to pay him...hoping he retires!).

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
IMO, Briere was far more useful than Lecavalier. First of all, I can't picture Levac on the 4th line. FTM, I think it's ridiculous how little ice time Briere got. Second of all, when it came to clutch, make no mistake about it, he came as advertised and we do not make the ECF without Daniel Briere. I don't think I could say the same for Lecav and at the very least the year terms were better in the case of Danny B.

Do not care for Lecavalier. He's not an impact player anymore and I don't know how he would fit into our current plans at C. (Again, Briere playing so little is weird, but he took it in stride and it made for some serious depth and interesting in-game swaps.)

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
p.s.: I hope some team has the guts to send him to the AHL (so they don't have to pay him...hoping he retires!).

from capgeek: A no-move clause means a player cannot be traded, waived for a claim by another team, or assigned to the minors without his consent. This does not protect the player from a buyout.

highstick14*

Lecavalier does not, nor never wanted, to play here. Why would we trade for him?

Both sides of the argument need to get a grip. Lecavalier has a right to not want to play here (no reason to bash him, it's his decision), and people wanting Lecavalier on our team simply because he is a homeboy, need to get passed this mentality and build a roster not based on names, but based on the best player available.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
why is this thread still alive.....why am I replying to this thread....why am I breathing....why am I still alive....why am I not dead....why just why????

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I think Lecavellier is going to be a trivia stat with the dubious honour (and good fortune) of being the first player in NHL history to have their contract bought out twice is successive years.

We don't need Lecavellier: he is not the player he once was. Would have been nice in his prime, but he has demonstrated too many times that he doesn't want to play here. I'm already surprised that we signed the aging Quebecois vet Briere, lets not add to the folly by trading for another retiree.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
His contract gives him negative value.

Phillie will either need to eat some cap hit, buy him out or add n asset(pick) for a team to take him as is.

I could see NYI being interested if Phillie keeps 30-40% of his cap hit. 3.15 to 2.7 mil left.

Would that be the first time a player gets paid for two diffirent buy outs at the same time?

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Lecavalier look sexy when you pencil your line up and all but in reality he's a player on the decline who has been injured a lot in the last few years (nothing too bad but he still miss 15-20 games every year). Add to that his contract and it's a big no from me

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Lecavalier is better and more useful then DD, so he's an addition by subtraction. Both Vinny and DD should be good for 50 points a year and DD needs to be sheltered plus having our top players on his line.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
I don't care about Lecavalier. He's obviously not interested in coming to Montreal so I don't know why so many people are hating or even discussing about him. If he really wanted to come, he would have tried to make a deal with Bergevin for something around 4-4.5-5M/2 years, similar to what Brière got, basically.

Would have been cool to acquire him, sure, but then again, we don't need more centers... we need wingers which he is not.

I wish him luck where ever he goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad