Proposal: Would you trade for both Okposo/Bailey?

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i don't think they are developing well under the Islanders system

and maybe a change of scenery would propel both to be the 50pt scorers that they should be

Bailey had 16g and 35pts back in 09-10 when he was just 20
Okposo had 19g and 52pts that same season at the age of 21

why havent they been producing constantly? no clue

what would LA give to get them? im sure they are not untouchables

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Both young project players, that are struggling with their games.

Just like all young players do.

If the Kings wanted to go that route, they could just simply bring up Vey and Toffoli.

They don't have to waste picks or roster players.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I wouldn't mind Okoposo, but LA isn't really the place to boost a player's offensive numbers. Unless you're Crosby, numbers will typically decline when inducted into our system. We also have prospects that can fill the voids, can't always look to trade.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Okposo would be worth a 2nd round pick, but just like Telos said.

His numbers are going to suffer in the Kings system.

Why not just try Toffoli if your going to do that.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
yes but id wonder if NYI wouldnt be looking more for experience i.e. Stoll, Penner, Richardson, etc...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
yes but id wonder if NYI wouldnt be looking more for experience i.e. Stoll, Penner, Richardson, etc...

No way, All are too expensive for the NYI. That owner spends ZERO money on that team.

He would not eat Stoll's 3m or Penner's. Richardson is very expensive for a depth guy at 1.2 Mill No way NYI pay that.

The NYI are now above the cap floor with Tim Thomas on the books.

No one is going to give anything of value for Penner or Richardson.

They are both UFA at the end of the season.

Stoll is the only guy that holds any sort of value, and he costs a lot of money.

If the Kings trade Stoll , they will no doubt have to eat some of his salary.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
No way, All are too expensive for the NYI. That owner spends ZERO money on that team.

He would not eat Stoll's 3m or Penner's. Richardson is very expensive for a depth guy at 1.2 Mill No way NYI pay that.

The NYI are now above the cap floor with Tim Thomas on the books.

No one is going to give anything of value for Penner or Richardson.

They are both UFA at the end of the season.

Stoll is the only guy that holds any sort of value, and he costs a lot of money.

If the Kings trade Stoll , they will no doubt have to eat some of his salary.

Agree. Personally I don't think we need projects unless it's taking a Carter-like project of making a cold 40 goal scorer fit in our system and still score 35 or so. If we could get Kessel without losing anything important to our roster, that would be interesting. (big IF though, I know, but just illustrating an example.

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
No thanks. The Kings offensive is worse off than the Islanders. Coming here hasn't helped anybodies offensive game. Look at Richards, Carter, Penner, Williams, etc. Hell, even Doughty hasn't been able to put up as many points as he probably could on another team.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Agree. Personally I don't think we need projects unless it's taking a Carter-like project of making a cold 40 goal scorer fit in our system and still score 35 or so. If we could get Kessel without losing anything important to our roster, that would be interesting. (big IF though, I know, but just illustrating an example.

Yeah, that's no gonna happen, I'd like to hear who you'd give up and what you think would get it done, unless you meant sign him as a UFA in two years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad