Would you take Lucic on your team for free?

Would you take Lucic on your team for free?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
giphy.gif

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Is this thread serious? People saying no for free? Hell yes I take him for free. He can be the extra forward and draw in for heavy teams on the 4th line, fight, add some toughness. And saves 700k on the cap for that detph forward on the roster.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Is this thread serious? People saying no for free? Hell yes I take him for free. He can be the extra forward and draw in for heavy teams on the 4th line, fight, add some toughness. And saves 700k on the cap for that detph forward on the roster.

Except after game 30 when he stops fighting or hitting and whines about not being in the top 6

The Oilers are paying for Lucic to NOT be on their team, and it's the best money ever spent

Give me an AHL goon all day

Reactions: Hynh and RegDunlop

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Lucic is not even AHL caliber any more. In the absence of his huge contract, I'd guess he'd have retired after last season.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
How's about the last 3 seasons before this one?

Oilers with Lucic: 51.10% CF, 50.53% xGF
Oilers with Lucic on the bench: 49.03% CF, 49.66% xGF

That's a 243 game sample where his NHL team controls a larger share of shots and expected goals with him on the ice. With this season, now it's 267. Is that good enough for you?
Do you have a breakdown of his teammates? If McDavid happens to go to the bench when Lucic goes to the bench then that might explain it.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Over that same 3-year sample that you quoted:

Oilers with Lucic on the ice, and with McDavid and Draisaitl on the bench: 50.46% CF, 49.67% xGF, 51.43% GF
Oilers with Lucic, McDavid and Draisaitl on the bench: 47.71% CF, 46.25% xGF, 42.81% GF

Doesn't seem like that had much of anything to do with it.
Do you have it for Lucic with McDavid, with Draisaitl, and with both? And is that just ES?

I like advanced stats but there has to be some assumption that is violated.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
He has been really good as a 3rd/4th liner.

It's obvious people still remember the Edmonton lucic.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Every team should have some hungry young bruiser in their minor league system somewhere. I think you just call that guy up if that's an element you are looking for in the lineup. $0 cap hit is not a real thing. But at equivalent league minimum give your own guy a chance. (I'm not sure how many teams would even be looking for that element, though - everybody has 10 more skilled players in the AHL as well).

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
Hypothetically if he wasn’t getting paid she was in a bubble where there was no expectations sure I’d take him as a 4th liner/13th forward.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Do you have it for Lucic with McDavid, with Draisaitl, and with both? And is that just ES?

I like advanced stats but there has to be some assumption that is violated.

Everything I posted in this thread is just 5-on-5. You can look at all of the information here and look at Lucic with other teammates:

Line Stats - Natural Stat Trick

I’m not sure what you mean by assumptions being violated.

Do you have a breakdown of his teammates? If McDavid happens to go to the bench when Lucic goes to the bench then that might explain it.

This only allows us to look at one teammate at a time and doesn’t exclude any other teammates:

Milan Lucic - Teammates - On Ice - Natural Stat Trick

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't see any use for him, not in Colorado nor the Rangers. He's basically a 4th line enforcer right now from what I can see, and these teams already have players filling in for that role.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Advanced stats has convinced you that Lucic is a decent player. It’s the ultimate proof that it’s bull****.
The problem here is you formed an opinion that Lucic sucks, and rather than allowing your opinion to change and evolve in the face of new evidence, you're holding your ground and insisting that any new information must be wrong. It doesn't really work that way

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I’m not sure how he’s been doing this year, but last year he was so bad he wasn’t even worth having on the 4th line.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I would and put him on my 1st line on a daily basis just for this kind of threads with never ending competition in who is more witty at taking shit on Lucic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad