Would you take Lucic on your team for free?

Would you take Lucic on your team for free?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
With his current contract in mind, not many teams (no teams) would take him along with his price tag. My question is, at the cap hit of 0,000$ would you take Lucic on your current team that you cheer for?

From a Senators perspective, I think he’d be great as a leader and someone for the young kids to learn a routine from, while also helping the Senators tank- also a warm body for free, which Melnyk would love.

The only con would be he would most likely take a roster spot next year from one of the younger players looking to take the next step (Norris, Batherson, Chlapik, Abramov, Davidson)

Would you want to see Lucic play on your team for 10+ minutes a night for free?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
No. He couldn't hang in the Stars system. As forward you either have to be fast or be a good scorer ( or both ). Lucic is neither . Wouldn't want a player that can't play the teams system.

Chubbinz

Nov 1, 2016
The only way I take him is as the CEO of Geico looking to reboot the caveman commercials.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Is this thread an attack on the Flames media and fans? Apparently, they like his PIMs, no longer league leading. The players say he's got the intangibles and is a game changer.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Okay well I’ll extend my question to this:

Would you take Lucic on your team for -1.5m, but he has to play 10+ mins a night?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Nope. He is not a decent 4th liner in the NHL, not even in the AHL. He is done.

Calgary Flames with Lucic on the ice: 52.98% CF, 52.76% xGF
Calgary Flames with Lucic on the bench: 50.94% CF, 48.32% xGF

Care to explain why his NHL team controls a significantly larger share of shots and expected with him on the ice? That sure would be difficult to maintain, even in a 24 game sample, for a player who isn’t even a 4th liner at the AHL level.

Reactions: Tkachuky

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Calgary Flames with Lucic on the ice: 52.98% CF, 52.76% xGF
Calgary Flames with Lucic on the bench: 50.94% CF, 48.32% xGF

Care to explain why his NHL team controls a significantly larger share of shots and expected with him on the ice? That sure would be difficult to maintain, even in a 24 game sample, for a player who isn’t even a 4th liner at the AHL level.
There you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad