Would You Take Hoffman For Free?

Would You Take Hoffman For Free?

• Total voters

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It was his choice, and he made it clear that he did not want to come. I don't know what's the hard part to understand here: he doesn't want to be in Winnipeg, so why would I want him to be with the team?
You shouldn’t... but it was a hypothetical question. Responding with ‘f him’ because he didn’t want to play for your favourite team previously makes you sound bitter. You shouldn’t be.

The question was relating to whether fans thought he’d be worth taking on with his toxic baggage, even if it didn’t cost an asset.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
You shouldn’t... but it was a hypothetical question. Responding with ‘f him’ because he didn’t want to play for your favourite team previously makes you sound bitter. You shouldn’t be.

The question was relating to whether fans thought he’d be worth taking on with his toxic baggage, even if it didn’t cost an asset.
And 'f*** him' is what I think of the prospect of him playing on my team. If you think that is bitter, that's not my loss.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Easily. And frankly saying otherwise would be pretty dumb IMO. We actually know so little about this situation (conclusion jumpers aside) that gambling 1.33 mil cap space over for 4 years on it being pretty much anything but the absolute worst case scenario is a pretty great bet.

Reactions: I am not exposed

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
And '**** him' is what I think of the prospect of him playing on my team. If you think that is bitter, that's not my loss.
:laugh: You only said that after he’d rejected the move.

...reminds me of Donald Trump uninviting the Warriors to the White House when they weren’t going anyway. Too funny.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
:laugh: You only said that after he’d rejected the move.

...reminds me of Donald Trump uninviting the Warriors to the White House when they weren’t going anyway. Too funny.
It truly is funny that my opinion changed after I knew more about Hoffman. If you were in love with a car you wanted to buy and somebody told you that it would break down very soon, would you still do the deal?

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
The Kane situation is nothing like this. Kane had a bad attitude and rubbed his teammates up the wrong way, Hoffman’s fiancé has allegedly wished Karlssons career to end, his wife dead and their unborn baby dead. If that’s true (and it looks likely that it is) and Hoffman is sticking by her that’s on a completely different level to anything Kane has done.

I think you're thinking of Evander.

Patrick Kane has been at the center of some very serious issues over the course of his career (punching a cabbie, multiple instances of him being a foolish, drunken asshole, the rape accusation which was a HUGE story across the sports world).

I also disagree with the bolded. At this point we don't know what Hoffman knows, or if Caryk is even guilty. I don't know how you can fault Hoffman for standing by his longtime girlfriend if he legitimately has no idea whats going on, regardless of if she is guilty or not. If it's revealed that he did know what was going on, or worse, then I'd agree he'd have a problem on his hands, but at this point I'm not assuming that's the case.

Last edited:

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Ottawa have already come out and said they’ve known about this since March. So no, they aren’t innocent.

So the Sens organization has come out publicly and stated that they have evidence that they know this is true? I haven’t heard that...

99% of the time something like this happens, the involved organization typically stays out of it until they need to step in, or state that they are aware of the situation and have no further comment.

What I have heard is that players were aware that something fishy was going on, and believe it was Caryk based on this information. They don’t have any “smoking gun” evidence, however. There’s a big distinction between the two that needs to be made.

As of right now there isn’t any publicly released evidence to show that Caryk is guilty. Just stories and conjecture from some of the players and their wives.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Lol.

Knowing about the friction and the Karlssons' suspicions is not even in the same realm as evidence of guilt.
Lol it happened. It’ll all come out soon enough. Crazy enough something like this is even being talked about. What a gong show

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
I think you're thinking of Evander.

Patrick Kane has been at the center of some very serious issues over the course of his career (punching a cabbie, multiple instances of him being a foolish, drunken *******, the rape accusation which was a HUGE story across the sports world).

I also disagree with the bolded. At this point we don't know what Hoffman knows, or if Caryk is even guilty. I don't know how you can fault Hoffman for standing by his longtime girlfriend if he legitimately has no idea whats going on, regardless of if she is guilty or not. If it's revealed that he did know what was going on, or worse, then I'd agree he'd have a problem on his hands, but at this point I'm not assuming that's the case.
really, you think his Gf of 10 years wouldn't tell him she doesn't like her / has problems with her, have you ever been around a woman ??? if your partner doesn't like someone she will 100% tell you about it, BELIEVE ME

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
really, you think his Gf of 10 years wouldn't tell him she doesn't like her / has problems with her, have you ever been around a woman ??? if your partner doesn't like someone she will 100% tell you about it, BELIEVE ME

People in relationships lie to each other and keep secrets from their significant others all the time.

Of course she likely told Hoffman that she didn’t like the Karlssons if that was the case. That doesnt mean she would disclose to Hoffman the fact that she was harassing/cyber stalking them if she was infact doing so.

Despite what people want to believe, Hoffman having no idea what the hell is going on (in terms of the actual cyberstalking) is a possible scenario.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
It truly is funny that my opinion changed after I knew more about Hoffman. If you were in love with a car you wanted to buy and somebody told you that it would break down very soon, would you still do the deal?
Somebody told you Mike Hoffman will break down very soon and that’s why you say f him? Or is that just a terrible analogy and not the same at all?

I think a better one would be the obnoxious school kid who tries to get with girl... but when rejected, says ‘f you’ to girl. He wanted that girl, his only problem is that she didn’t want him... So f her! It’s such a juvenile attitude. Pretty unfortunate from presumably a grown up.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Kane situation is nothing like this. Kane had a bad attitude and rubbed his teammates up the wrong way, Hoffman’s fiancé has allegedly wished Karlssons career to end, his wife dead and their unborn baby dead. If that’s true (and it looks likely that it is) and Hoffman is sticking by her that’s on a completely different level to anything Kane has done.

He is sticking that she is innocent.

It's completely different from sticking with her after she is guilty.

McBaevid

Lottery Dynasty
Oct 3, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Yes, he’s good at hockey, which is all that matters. This isn’t a popularity contest

Why is he responsible for what his idiot wife is doing anyways?

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa

Lol @ the standard you hold fans to man .Give it a rest .

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Haven't been following this much. But based on all the comments I'm guessing Hoffman's gf proven to be guilty?

You would think that based on some of these comments, but no, that isn't the case.

You should check out the Mike Hoffman thread. Lots of interesting stories being tossed around there that take literally 30 seconds research to disprove, yet people still post these things for whatever reason.

Gotta love the internet!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad