Would you take Bruce Boudreau over your team's current coach?

?

• Total voters

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Undecided

I think he's massively overrated, due to the fact that he's always only coached playoff caliber (or STACKED) rosters and always gets credit for being the reason or a BIG part of the reason those teams made the playoffs.

I'd give him a bit of credit for turning the Capitals around after a disastrous start in his first season there, but is Boudreau really to credit for Ovechkin's 112 point and 65 goal/Hart Trophy season?

I don't blame him much for Minnesota not making the playoffs this year, but he's coached some pretty strong rosters for the most part. If he had to coach a rebuilding or mediocre roster, are they suddenly a playoff team because of him and how many times his teams have made the playoffs? I don't think so.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He never had a roster to win a cup... But, unfortunetly, when you're overachieving with mediocre teams, then (SHOCK!!!) you don't win the cups with them, you're labeled "bad playoff coach"...

Exactly. He inflates their regular season records so people think they're better teams than they are. There have been exactly fifty 10+ game winning streaks in NHL history. Bruce Boudreau has 4 of them.
2009-10 Captials-14
2016-17 Wild-12
2015-16 Ducks-11
2013-14 Ducks-10

And the 07-08 Captials made the playoffs by 2 pts by winning their last 7 games of the season and 11 of their last 12.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad