Would you take Bruce Boudreau over your team's current coach?

?

• Total voters

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Bruce Boudreau with McDavid and Draisaitl would be fun. And while Boudreau might not win you a Cup, at least he'll give the Oilers the start of a winning culture, which is what Edmonton needs anyways.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
No.

Still think he's definitely a top-10 coach and a perfect for team like Edmonton or Buffalo that needs someone to direct them towards building a winning culture. I'm just not sure he's a guy you want around when the Playoffs begin. He's certainly gotten out-coached badly in a series before.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I really like some of what Quinn is doing and I want to see out the rebuild with him so he gets a chance with a real roster.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Over Master Bill Peters?
Absolutely not. Really happy for that dude; he was pegged as the 'next one' in terms of coaching and never managed to get off the ground in Carolina.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas no.

Anaheim, I'd have preferred him over Carlyle but at this point I want them to take a chance on Rickard Gronberg.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
If you want to make the playoffs you take BB, if you want to win the Cup, I'm not so sure.

He's been truly snake bit. Hard to say if he's a regular season coach or been saddled with too many regular season players. He's definitely on the "player's coach" side of things, and may go down as one of the most successful to never win.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
No, but only because he had his shot here in DC. We don't yet know how effective Reirden will be in the playoffs, but I'll take the unknown over BB's playoff losses.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
If you want to make the playoffs you take BB, if you want to win the Cup, I'm not so sure.

He never had a roster to win a cup... But, unfortunetly, when you're overachieving with mediocre teams, then (SHOCK!!!) you don't win the cups with them, you're labeled "bad playoff coach"...

Reactions: Monsieur Gustave H

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
He never had a roster to win a cup... But, unfortunetly, when you're overachieving with mediocre teams, then (SHOCK!!!) you don't win the cups with them, you're labeled "bad playoff coach"...

I don't know, the 2010 Caps and the 2015 Ducks were for sure good enough. I love BB as a coach but when the stress is on, i.e. the playoffs, he seems to freeze up. He has a hard time making in game adjustments and I think it has cost him multiple series.

hockey4sale

Oct 19, 2014
I am still puzzled by the coaching phenomenon of Bruce B. On one hand coach Bruce B. is so dominant in regular season, can take a bottom feeder and turn to regular season juggernaut.

However in the playoffs when adversity hits that same coach losing his $hit, starts flipping goalies breaks up lines every period and his team eventually collapses often to inferior opponent

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I get far too much amusement from the Avalanche clowning his teams at every opportunity. Definitely not.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Yes.

He gets quite a lot out of his players but he really needs a strong assistant to help him with adjustments come the playoffs. He doesn't seem to be the sort of coach that does well with the unexpected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad