Would you rather...

Jbwest31

Feb 9, 2017
So it’s the 2026 Winter Olympics and Russia is facing off against the US in the finals. This is Ovie’s last chance to win Gold. As a red blooded Merican, would you rather see the caps OG get his OG or see the Americans win their first Gold since edit: 80

Last edited:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
USA Hockey is my de facto 4th favorite team in all sports but I root for Russia when they’re out

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
2026? I am not sure even Kuzy will be there. Carlson, Backstrom and Ovechkin too old.
Kuzy should develop more durability to be in that conversation in 8 years.

Others? Alexeev and Vrana maybe.

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Ovi. When it comes to goal scoring he's the GOAT, the more accolades like that he gets, the harder it is to deny that.

Plus I'm British - you guys won't give me a visa so I'm not going to vote for you to win gold ;)

Reactions: RandyHolt

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
NHL players can't play in it... Why does this matter

Thats has to change back to being allowed, right? This NHL olympic ban is bunk!

I think it's pretty well accepted that the NHL will participate in the Olympics in China in 2022. The NHL has been playing exhibition games in that country. They're not going to miss the marketing opportunity presented by the world's best players--NHL players--compete in Beijing.

But I'm super-glad they didn't compete this year. The extra hockey might have left us without our Cup.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
The Olympics are currently an over-blown spectacle (much of that may be the NBC coverage).

As such, I'm more interested in individual athletes. Especially in sports where professionals are competing... as such, I'd root for OV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad