Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

• Julien

• Vigneault

Results are only viewable after voting.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
MB has already hired 2 coaches.....neither has worked out....he doesn't deserve a chance to hire a third

Reactions: Habs100

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
What is it about the Habs and the fans now too apparently? Are we only allowed to hire coaches who have been here before? Carbo is available as well... maybe we could bring him back into the mix again!
It's because the Habs can only hire francophone coaches, and consequently only the Habs will give an unproven francophone coach an opportunity. If they pan out and can get hired by another team then they can eventually be recycled by the Habs as a "proven" coach. So if you're the Habs (and you insist on following this asinine francophones only policy) you can choose between a francophone retread or a francophone rookie who the media likes, usually someone from the L'Antichambre panel.

PuckSeparator

May 18, 2014
Check Republik
Since Molson seems to be all about the $$$ these days, and since I don't think the coach makes a lick of a difference when you keep the top bozo employed at the top, maybe you can just bring back Therrien. The team we currently have would honestly suit him the best out of all coaches, you can't possibly find more grind anywhere else than on the current Habs roster. And he's still on the payroll (I believe.).

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Ducharme MUST be considered for Laval. Let him get his feet wet there as Claude has 4 years left on his contract. Barring him suddenly leading us to .600 hockey next 4 years, Ducharme will be groomed in Laval and step in when Claude leaves. He'll be ~50 at that time, so plenty young.

Succession planning. The team sucks at this. The best way to go is to put staff in the AHL that you can use to replace NHL staff. Players to management, that is how it is done.
Yes, if the Habs are going to maintain their policy of only hiring francophones then they owe it to themselves and their fans to groom the next generation of francophone coaches because no one else is going to do it for them.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think Vigneault is the better coach, but not enough to fire Julien over. And for the record at this point the roster is so bad no coach will make us good, so it's more about who is best for the development of our young players and I'm not sure there is much difference there between Vigenault and Julien.

Reactions: Habs100

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
giphy.gif

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I can't think of a french coach that didn't get their start in Montreal. (I may be missing someone). So, if our next coach is going to be french and have NHL experience (which he won't necessarily), he's going to be a recycled former coach of ours.

I can tell you that the Rangers fans are happy to see him go (including his chewing gum chomping).

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I do have my reservations about CJ. Those reservations are based on where Boston was when he was fired and where the Bruins are now. Obviously there are other factors but the Bruins have done a quick turnaround.

As for AV...........it does appear many Ranger fans are happy with his demise. However, I would not be totally convinced of his supposed ineptness based on his resume. It's really pretty impressive and as another poster already mentioned he's accumulated those achievements with two different teams.

Having said that..........there are some new coaches making their marks. I'd say no to both and get a youngin' with some fresh ideas.

The guy who has a really, really impressive resume with different teams is the guy coaching Nashville. No change of getting him obviously but he does something right.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Out of Therrien, Julien and Vingeault, Vingeault is the only coach I would have welcomed back when we started recycling former coaches. But that being said this has gotten ridiculous, team needs a new direction, no more oldschool dinosaurs. We’ve wasted what 5 years on Lefebvre now, why arent we using the AHL to develop coaches aswell as players? With such a small pool of candidates how has this not been looked at by management?

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Neither. But for the sake of the thread, if I had to chose one, I think we got the best of the recycled coaches.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Since Molson seems to be all about the $$$ these days, and since I don't think the coach makes a lick of a difference when you keep the top bozo employed at the top, maybe you can just bring back Therrien. The team we currently have would honestly suit him the best out of all coaches, you can't possibly find more grind anywhere else than on the current Habs roster. And he's still on the payroll (I believe.).

I would argue about describing the team as a bunch of grinders, more like under skilled. Is there really a Carbonneau or Jarvis heir among the current roster? Could be just semantics though.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
I think Vigneault is the better coach, but not enough to fire Julien over. And for the record at this point the roster is so bad no coach will make us good, so it's more about who is best for the development of our young players and I'm not sure there is much difference there between Vigenault and Julien.

A terribly built team with no top C's, overloaded with LW's. What is any coach expected to do with it?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I can tell you that the Rangers fans are happy to see him go (including his chewing gum chomping).

Yes, just as Bruins fans were ecstatic to see Julien go when they fired him last year. And, when the Bruins came to Montreal, the Bruins media were on tsn690. They said Sweeney's single best move, out of all the moves he's made in overhauling the team, was replacing Julien with Cassidy.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
A terribly built team with no top C's, overloaded with LW's. What is any coach expected to do with it?

Given our centres we used this year, I am sure a lot of other coaches would've tried at Galchenyuk at centre instead of using guys like Byron, Froese, Logan Shaw, Hudon etc at centre.

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
Ducharme MUST be considered for Laval. Let him get his feet wet there as Claude has 4 years left on his contract. Barring him suddenly leading us to .600 hockey next 4 years, Ducharme will be groomed in Laval and step in when Claude leaves. He'll be ~50 at that time, so plenty young.

Succession planning. The team sucks at this. The best way to go is to put staff in the AHL that you can use to replace NHL staff. Players to management, that is how it is done.
I see this all the time but if he signs a 5-year contract, this is he's 2nd year. Even if the 1st was only after new years would its still not count so 3 years left right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad