Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

Would you rather: Julien or Vigneault?

• Julien

• Vigneault

Results are only viewable after voting.

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
Similar role as Julien, hence Julien wasn't given top players to coach the team, if they were good players the difference would be us winning more than usual. So vigneault has played 5 seasons with NYR and past few years were excellent, this year both teams had missing key players.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Can they bring back Mario Tremblay, might as well recycle all the Habs coaches.

I can't think of a french coach that didn't get their start in Montreal. (I may be missing someone). So, if our next coach is going to be french and have NHL experience (which he won't necessarily), he's going to be a recycled former coach of ours.

Last edited:
Reactions: Per Sjoblom

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I still don't mind Claude. He's fine. I don't know why his assistants are still employed, though. They've never done anything good.

Reactions: sandviper

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
cut.jpg

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
What is it about the Habs and the fans now too apparently? Are we only allowed to hire coaches who have been here before? Carbo is available as well... maybe we could bring him back into the mix again!

psychonaut

Sep 4, 2003
Neither, it is time to get younger coaches who will adapt to the newer style of hockey and improve our younger players instead of recycled dinosaurs who are stuck in the past and would rather rely on plugs like Alzner, Benn, Froese and Logan Shaw.
This is true but right now management is stuck in the past so they need a coach the reflects that.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Ducharme MUST be considered for Laval. Let him get his feet wet there as Claude has 4 years left on his contract. Barring him suddenly leading us to .600 hockey next 4 years, Ducharme will be groomed in Laval and step in when Claude leaves. He'll be ~50 at that time, so plenty young.

Succession planning. The team sucks at this. The best way to go is to put staff in the AHL that you can use to replace NHL staff. Players to management, that is how it is done.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ducharme MUST be the coach for Laval next year. Let him get his feet wet there as Claude has 4 years left on his contract. Barring him suddenly leading us to .600 hockey next 4 years, Ducharme will be groomed in Laval and step in when Claude leaves. He'll be ~50 at that time, so plenty young.

Succession planning. The team sucks at this. The best way to go is to put staff in the AHL that you can use to replace NHL staff. Players to management, that is how it is done.

Reactions: Laurentide

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I honestly think that Julien is a better coach.
We don't have the players and are not good enough right now for any coach to do miracles.
What Julien did in Boston is a lot more impressive than what Vigneault did with the Rags.

Reactions: Vachon23

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Vigneault did get two very different clubs all the way to the final. I think that's a little more impressive then getting there with the same club twice, especially when it took a herculean goaltending performance to get there the first time.

But, meh. Retread coaches, retread results. Better to find someone new. Not that it'll happen so long as ol'BB remains in charge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad