• Picks 11 and 25

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Depending on who's available at 7 or 8. I'd do it for Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Drysdale or Raymond.

I really believe Lundell will still be on the board at 11, but almost certainly either he or Mercer would be there, and then I'd want to snag either Reichel, Peterka, Zary or Bourque with PIT's 1st.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So Bob McKenzie's final draft rankings went:

1. Laf
2. Stutzle
3. Byfield
4. Drysdale
5. Perfetti
6. Raymond
7. Rossi

As far as the top 7 goes. If that's how the actual draft went, I would absolutely rather trade up to #7. If Rossi and Raymond were switched, I would stay put and be comfortable getting any one of Raymond, Holtz, Sanderson, Lundell, Mercer or Quinn at #11.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If I can move up for Rossi that's the only player I'd realistically do it for. I think he's going to end up being one of the best of the draft.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think that there is going to be a decent player still around at #25. A guy like Reichel, Jarvis, Perrault, Lapierre. I'll stick with 11, though if Lundell is gone I'll rage. If Sanderson, Quinn, Amirov, and Askarov are there at 11 and Lundell, Rossi, Perfetti are gone then I'll move back a bit and get a guy like Zary. We need C's.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Sanderson is interesting at #11 if he falls there. It's not too farfetched that we'd be sitting here exactly 1 year later with no Soucy, no Brodin and a 36 year old Suter.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Sanderson is interesting at #11 if he falls there. It's not too farfetched that we'd be sitting here exactly 1 year later with no Soucy, no Brodin and a 36 year old Suter.
I wouldn’t be mad about it at all. I mean, not super mad, because Obviously I’ve got a lot riding on us winning the lottery.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sanderson won't be ready for at least a year, probably more due to Pejorative Slured development caused by the AHL being shut down.

WTH was that autocorrect about?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Sanderson seems like her could be a 3rd pair guy in a year. I think the hope with a guy like that is that he's the next Suter. I have my doubts. he can skate well apparently, but I haven't watched many defensemen think the game like suter. Sanderson probably becomes comparable in most aspects of the game, but I don't think he's ever going to be able to replace what suter has been doing for this franchise for a while now.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, after next year's abbreviated season we'll have JEE, Rask, Sturm, and maybe Khovanov under contract as C's. That's two guys guys who have never played NHL C, one guy who is a 4C at best, and a defensive middle six C. Lundell might not be a game changer, but he has been playing with men for two years, has good size, and will probably be ready to play in the NHL after next season.

If Guerin makes some brilliant trade for a top C, then we reassess, and maybe pick Sanderson, though to me he's the defensive counterpart to Lundell.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I mean, after next year's abbreviated season we'll have JEE, Rask, Sturm, and maybe Khovanov under contract as C's. That's two guys guys who have never played NHL C, one guy who is a 4C at best, and a defensive middle six C. Lundell might not be a game changer, but he has been playing with men for two years, has good size, and will probably be ready to play in the NHL after next season.

If Guerin makes some brilliant trade for a top C, then we reassess, and maybe pick Sanderson, though to me he's the defensive counterpart to Lundell.

You. Don't. Draft. For. Need.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Our best C prospect is a lot better/more promising than our best LD prospect, at the moment.

A player drafted this year will be 23 in 5 years, probably just getting his footing in the NHL at that time. Guess what else happens in 5 years?

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Our best C prospect is a lot better/more promising than our best LD prospect, at the moment.

A player drafted this year will be 23 in 5 years, probably just getting his footing in the NHL at that time. Guess what else happens in 5 years?
Suter’s contract expires?

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad