Would You Rather Draft: Crosby And Malkin Or McDavid And Ovechkin?

Which combination would you rather draft?

• Total voters

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
this is legit not the first time you’re flat out wrong. Crosby never won a cup in his first three seasons.

You’ve done this before. Cmon man. This is your team isn’t it?

Was I talking about their first 3 seasons? I guess you’re wrong, not so surprising either.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Nope McDavid's first three > Crosby's first three when you take into account PPO's PP reliance/percentage of points from the PP as well as PP linemates and 2 > 1 Art Ross with McDavid having the more difficult route to his points.

I predict you're gonna pretend to conveniently forget the conversation we already had about this in the other thread. If you want to continue that discussion it's still there feel free to bump it.

Why the f*** would "PP reliance" have any relevance? It's about getting the puck in the net. It's too bad McDavid doesn't have the skillset to be just as effective on the PP as he is at ES. The great ones find a way to adjust.

If you want to throw out meaningless dynamics, how about point totals while your team is in playoff contention?

And Draisatl at ES and on the PP >> Malkin on the PP, especially in his rookie year.

Crosby had a playoff scoring title to his name after three seasons. He unquestionably would be rated higher. Especially after McDavid's 105th place in rookie scoring is factored in.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Why the **** would "PP reliance" have any relevance? It's about getting the puck in the net. It's too bad McDavid doesn't have the skillset to be just as effective on the PP as he is at ES. The great ones find a way to adjust.
We already discussed this here https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/148291901/ I don't know why you continue to pretend to forget past discussions, it's a recurring theme for you, as well as your circular arguments in which you ultimately end up confusing yourself.

If you want to throw out meaningless dynamics, how about point totals while your team is in playoff contention?
This has already been debunked by another user here https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/148307319/ and it's not even the first time it's been debunked and here you are yet again pretending you forgot or that it didn't happen.

And Draisatl at ES and on the PP >> Malkin on the PP, especially in his rookie year.
giphy.gif

Crosby had a playoff scoring title to his name after three seasons. He unquestionably would be rated higher. Especially after McDavid's 105th place in rookie scoring is factored in.
He's not. Not only does McDavid have 2 Art Ross to Crosby's 1 in their first 3 seasons, but McDavid earned those 2 Art Ross in an era with a vastly lower amount of PP opportunities significantly worse PP linemates (while Crosby had Gonchar Recchi and Malkin) the over all harder route to his points between the two and in those first 3 seasons tied Crosby's whole career total of Art Ross.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
This has already been debunked by another user here https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/148307319/ and it's not even the first time it's been debunked and here you are yet again pretending you forgot or that it didn't happen.

McDavid was in 5th to 10th place in the scoring race thru 60 games. It is cut and dried that he was not as productive as the previous year while his team was in playoff contention. It's not a matter of opinion, it is facts.

Saying his PPG was the same is extremely weak spin.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
He's not. Not only does McDavid have 2 Art Ross to Crosby's 1 in their first 3 seasons, but McDavid earned those 2 Art Ross in an era with a vastly lower amount of PP opportunities significantly worse PP linemates (while Crosby had Gonchar Recchi and Malkin) the over all harder route to his points between the two and in those first 3 seasons tied Crosby's whole career total of Art Ross.

Weak spin again. Who cares if there were zero PPs or a 1ooo PPs, it doesn't matter one whit. Crosby had 66 PP points to Malkin's 40 PP points. Are you effing kidding me with this?

Or perhaps the league should introduce the ES point trophy and award the Cup to the top ES scoring team given how much more ES scoring is apparently worth.

I am sure McDavid is not giving one thought to his PP production given how happy the Oilers fanbase is with his ES totals.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Weak spin again. Who cares if there were zero PPs or a 1ooo PPs, it doesn't matter one whit. Crosby had 66 PP points to Malkin's 40 PP points. Are you effing kidding me with this?

Or perhaps the league should introduce the ES point trophy and award the Cup to the top ES scoring team given how much more ES scoring is apparently worth.

I am sure McDavid is not giving one thought to his PP production given how happy the Oilers fanbase is with his ES totals.

Lol it doesn’t matter what inflates totals, it’s all about the RAW TOTAL.

Crosby first three years had highest amount of PP calls. This is a fact. You can’t just dismiss it, because it doesn’t fit your narrative. But you stubbornly continue to do so.

I’m glad you’re back on this angle, next week, will you be going on about PPG?

Reactions: Future GOAT

BeastoftheEast85

Dec 31, 2010
New Jersey
While all these guys are around the same level when they are on there game; I believe Malkin’s consistency issues Ovy and McDavid the edge.

I mean while McDavid has only played 3 seasons, his and Ovy’s combined individual season trophy case is already more inpressive. Ovy and McDavid combine for 3 Art Rosses, 4 Harts and 5 Lindsays, 7 Richards vs Crosby and Malkin combine for 3 Harts and 4 Lindsays, 4 Art Rosses and 2 Richards.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
What an obnoxious post.

Calling McDavid a one hit wonder is really dumb. Most people can figure that out.

the one hit wonder is ovi, as he has one cup

knowing what we know now, how do you not pick the guys with 3 cups?

if we went back to 2004 and didn't know the future i would probably go with ovi and crosby as they were more hyped prospects

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I would need more context here. Do you have halfway decent wingers for Crosby and Malkin? Is the 2C on this McDavid+Ovechkin team halfway decent as well? If you say yes to both, it's really hard to decide. McDavid+Ovechkin is the far superior line and would torch the league, but Crosby and Malkin down the middle creates match up nightmares.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Lol it doesn’t matter what inflates totals, it’s all about the RAW TOTAL.

Crosby first three years had highest amount of PP calls. This is a fact. You can’t just dismiss it, because it doesn’t fit your narrative. But you stubbornly continue to do so.

I’m glad you’re back on this angle, next week, will you be going on about PPG?

I didn't say it was about raw point totals ever. It's about performance relative to the league which makes talking about PPOs or ES points irrelevant. Both are about the same after their three season.

Crosby has the better playoff resume after three years.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I didn't say it was about raw point totals ever. It's about performance relative to the league which makes talking about PPOs or ES points irrelevant. Both are about the same after their three season.

Crosby has the better playoff resume after three years.
smh are you serious. how can you say that when one made the playoffs twice in those 3 years and played 25 games while the other has only made the playoffs once playing 13 games. are you really trying to argue this? of course the former will have a better resume wtf?

if you are fair minded (which you aren't), it would make sense to compare the both players' first playoff runs ever. however because sid got bounced out in 5 games, you obviously won't use that because it makes him look bad.

but since you brought up resumes, in actuality, after the first the years for both players, their resumes are the same: no cups or conn smythes, just a bunch of playoff exits:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
smh are you serious. how can you say that when one made the playoffs twice in those 3 years and played 25 games while the other has only made the playoffs once playing 13 games. are you really trying to argue this? of course the former will have a better resume wtf?

if you are fair minded (which you aren't), it would make sense to compare the both players' first playoff runs ever. however because sid got bounced out in 5 games, you obviously won't use that because it makes him look bad.

but since you brought up resumes, in actuality, after the first the years for both players, their resumes are the same: no cups or conn smythes, just a bunch of playoff exits:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Four smilies? Are you that insecure in your argument?

Not sure why you are unable to separate player performances from team success. Crosby is unquestionably the more proven playoff performer after three seasons. Assuming that McDavid would have done as well if in Crosby's position makes no sense.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Four smilies? Are you that insecure in your argument?

Not sure why you are unable to separate player performances from team success. Crosby is unquestionably the more proven playoff performer after three seasons. Assuming that McDavid would have done as well if in Crosby's position makes no sense.
four smilies because your argument is that insane.

not sure why you are unable to separate a player making the playoffs once in his first 3 years to someone who made it twice in their 3 years. who do you think would have a better so called "resume". don't be hardheaded

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
four smilies because your argument is that insane.

not sure why you are unable to separate a player making the playoffs once in his first 3 years to someone who made it twice in their 3 years. who do you think would have a better so called "resume". don't be hardheaded

I don't understand. Playoff performances are held in high regard, they separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Not sure why you cannot separate a 3rd place in scoring on his team from leading the playoffs in scoring? How else are you supposed to judge a player if not on their performance?

It's simply a positive for Crosby. It's why Guy LafLeur is rated way above Marcel Dionne.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
I don't understand. Playoff performances are held in high regard, they separate the contenders from the pretenders.

Not sure why you cannot separate a 3rd place in scoring on his team from leading the playoffs in scoring? How else are you supposed to judge a player if not on their performance?

It's simply a positive for Crosby. It's why Guy LafLeur is rated way above Marcel Dionne.

does playoff progress not mean a thing? is it all about scoring? fact is that in both players' first playoffs, mcdavid went further than sid did which means his playoff resume at time is > sid's at the time.

but of course you will never bring that up

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
Is this drafting both players in the same draft? Because then I'd take McDavid and Ovi...but if not I'd much rather not have the 10 year gap between getting both players and would go Sid and Geno

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->