Would You Rather Draft: Crosby And Malkin Or McDavid And Ovechkin?

Which combination would you rather draft?

• Total voters

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Because "let their point totals and/or PPGs" speak for themselves" is somehow slanderous???

But if you think pts/60 is the best way to measure the better player, here are the Top 5 pts/60 for 17/18 (min. of 65 games):

Malkin
MacKinnon
Hall
Marchand
Kucherov

Looks like a certain player is missing from there.

incoming ES stats in 3, 2, 1......

No, daver, you're missing the point entirely yet again.

You will just find another way, WHICH YOU JUST DID, to discredit McDavid.

Just because I disagree with how a stat is used, doesn't mean that your contortionist agenda is being played. Which it is. Again.

In a span of a year you went from:

All that matters is total production to

All that matters is PPG

to

All that matters is total production

to

All that matters is playoff points

to

Last edited:
Reactions: varank

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
No, daver, you're missing the point entirely yet again.

You will just find another way, WHICH YOU JUST DID, to discredit McDavid.

Just because I disagree with how a stat is used, doesn't mean that your contortionist agenda is being played. Which it is. Again.

In a span of a year you went from:

All that matters is total production to

All that matters is PPG

to

All that matters is total production

to

All that matters is playoff points

to

Still confused.

You think Malkin's superior p/60 vs. Crosby is a valid point but you don't agree with p/60 when it favours another player over McDavid?

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Obviously you take the best center since Lemieux and the possibly GOAT goal scorer.

64% agree so far.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Crosby and Malkin is Crosby and Malkin, but Ovi and McDavid could be anything! They could even be Crosby and Malkin!

Lol at this site

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Good one. Or you take the duo that has won 3 championships already.

I chose the best center of the 3 and the arguably GOAT goal scorer. They also seem to be the more durable duo as well which is very important.

I'm very happy with it as are the majority of voters.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
Incredibly unlikely that Ovechkin and McDavid combined match Crosby and Malkin's combined Cup total, when it's all said and done.

So, the answer is obvious. 87 and 71.

Reactions: Ageless

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I chose the best center of the 3 and the arguably GOAT goal scorer. They also seem to be the more durable duo as well which is very important.

I'm very happy with it as are the majority of voters.
Interesting? Mcdavid better than Crosby? Who’s put in a decade plus of elite play. Very interesting indeed

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Mcdavid will need to have some serious playoff performances to surpass Crosby. Crosby at 21 already had 27, 31 point playoffs

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Championships are team dependent. From the wording of the poll it's a draft, meaning these guys can start their careers at the same time, but don't have any championships since we're drafting them, we also don't know about the caliber of team.

Crosby and Malkin had some pretty solid teams around them in their championships. There is no guarantee they get that this draft which means there is no guarantee they get any championships. So we're basically choosing these guys just on individual skill alone, and obviously McDavid being better than Crosby and Malkin is a good start, then you add the arguably GOAT goal scorer with him and we can see why the majority choose McDavid and Ovi over the others.

Last edited:

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
Championships are team dependent. From the wording of the poll it's a draft, meaning these guys can start their careers at the same time, but don't have any championships since we're drafting them, we also don't know about the caliber of team.

Crosby and Malkin had some pretty solid teams around them in their championships. There is no guarantee they get that this draft which means there is no guarantee they get any championships. So we're basically choosing these guys just on individual skill alone, and obviously McDavid being better than Crosby and Malkin is a good start, then you add the arguably GOAT goal scorer with him and we can see why the majority choose McDavid and Ovi over the others.

Or maybe because it’s 2 fanbases vs 2 players on one of the most hated teams in the history of the sports..

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Or maybe because it’s 2 fanbases vs 2 players on one of the most hated teams in the history of the sports..
No, I don't think you guys are victims any more than Ovi and McDavid are in this poll. Ovi and McDavid have their fair share of dislikers too. Like you I could play the victim and suggest maybe the largest fanbase in the league "Leafs fans" voted specifically against McDavid, as the Matthews vs McDavid thread/debate conjured up a lot of animosity which continues to this day from some of those fans along with the resentment from some of those fans not getting him, or that Ovi haters voted against him for whatever reasons but the reality is most Leaf fans and hockey fans in general are pretty reasonable people and if there are any votes against either option like that, they most likely offset each other.

Last edited:

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
No, I don't think you guys are victims any more than Ovi and McDavid are in this poll. Ovi and McDavid have their fair share of dislikers too. Like you I could play the victim and suggest maybe the largest fanbase in the league "Leafs fans" voted specifically against McDavid, as the Matthews vs McDavid thread/debate conjured up a lot of animosity which continues to this day along with the resentment of them not getting him, or that Ovi haters voted against him for whatever reasons but the reality is most Leaf fans and hockey fans in general are pretty reasonable people and if there are any votes against either option like that, they most likely offset each other.

Im not playing the victim at all. I’m just giving you the reason why McDavid and Ovechkin are leading this poll.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

Based on what? Crosby's first three years > McDavid's first three years, Malkin's too for that matter.

Reactions: Mean Gene

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
It's hard because we don't know what McDavid is going to be or how healthy he will be. I can see him having the best career out of these 4, but he coukd also end up with the worst. As it stands, I would take the Pittsburgh duo in the playoffs over their career, and while Ovechkin was always healthy and McDavid might be as well, a team with Crosby-Malkin should be good enough to make the playoffs every year anyway, to the point where regular season health isn't that important.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Based on what? Crosby's first three years > McDavid's first three years, Malkin's too for that matter.
Nope McDavid's first three > Crosby's first three when you take into account PPO's PP reliance/percentage of points from the PP as well as PP linemates and 2 > 1 Art Ross with McDavid having the more difficult route to his points.

I predict you're gonna pretend to conveniently forget the conversation we already had about this in the other thread. If you want to continue that discussion it's still there feel free to bump it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

Nadal On Clay

Oct 11, 2017
Nope McDavid's first three > Crosby's first three when you take into account PPO's PP reliance/percentage of points from the PP as well as PP linemates and 2 > 1 Art Ross with McDavid having the more difficult route to his points.

I predict you're gonna pretend to conveniently forget the conversation we already had about this in the other thread. If you want to continue that discussion it's still there feel free to bump it.

1 cup > 0 cups.

Am I doing this right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad