Would You Rather Draft: Crosby And Malkin Or McDavid And Ovechkin?

Which combination would you rather draft?

• Total voters

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Geno has some serious health issues. But three cups. Pens don't arguably win even one without both guys. Have to go with Pens duo here.

Edit. And I accidentially voted McDavid and OV. Consider my vote changed.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
This is actually super tough.

If we can ignore health issues - id pick Crosby and Malkin. If we consider the health issues we know they had - tempted to take the other 2.

Yeah. It's tough. I feel like Sid is the safe bet to be ranked highest of the 4. Ovechkin is an upgrade to Malkin though. McDavid is the wild card here. I guess the smart money is with Crosby. McDavid might prove to be better but I would not bet money on it.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Geno has some serious health issues. But three cups. Pens don't arguably win even one without both guys. Have to go with Pens duo here.

Edit. And I accidentially voted McDavid and OV. Consider my vote changed.

I made it so votes can be changed now.

Reactions: Plural

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
I might of been born last night, but I’ll take the young guy. Who would draft 30 year olds?

Reactions: insomniac

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Yeah. It's tough. I feel like Sid is the safe bet to be ranked highest of the 4. Ovechkin is an upgrade to Malkin though. McDavid is the wild card here. I guess the smart money is with Crosby. McDavid might prove to be better but I would not bet money on it.

McDavid will win more Art Rosses and Harts than Crosby, but Crosby would have won more of each than he's won if not for health problems during his prime. It won't be easy for McDavid to outdo Crosby in the playoffs in a career-sense.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
McDavid will win more Art Rosses and Harts than Crosby, but Crosby would have won more of each if not for health problems during his prime. It won't be easy for McDavid to outdo Crosby in the playoffs in a career-sense.

Yeah. Crosby is going to be one of those guys who's individual trophy case will not be an accurate representation of his abilities. Two Arts, two Rockets, two Harts and three Lindsays is still an amazing accomplishment. But OV will have way better hardware. Yet we all know Sid is better.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Ovechkin and McDavid.

Ovechkin is better than Malkin (who is made of glass anyway).

McDavid is pretty close to Crosby already, should surpass him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McDavid and Ovechkin because having Malkin as 2C is worse value than having Ovechkin as 1W.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
are we assuming they're all the same age?

because McDavid being a decade later provides something of an unfair advantage to the Crosby/Malkin pair here since you get them both in their prime together at the same time

GlitchMarner

Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
are we assuming they're all the same age?

because McDavid being a decade later provides something of an unfair advantage to the Crosby/Malkin pair here since you get them both in their prime together at the same time

Assume you're drafting players at the ages they were when drafted.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Crosby slightly > Ovechkin
Mcdavid >> Malkin

Or/

Ovechkin > Malkin
Mcdavid = Crosby with the potential for Mcdavid to surpass him

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
McDavid and Ovechkin because the other duo is more injury prone. We do not know if McDavid is yet, but we do know that Crosby and especially Malkin have been.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
McDavid and Ovechkin because the other duo is more injury prone. We do not know if McDavid is yet, but we do know that Crosby and especially Malkin have been.
OP is saying you're drafting them at their actual draft age....so no way to know what the future holds re: injuries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->