Movies: Would you pay to see a Twin remake with...

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Jason Momoa and Peter Dinklage?

D9WcKsQVUAAZECj.jpg

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
No - Dinklage is a fine actor but he lacks the inherently comic appearance and demeanor of DeVito. And Momoa lacks Ah-nold's unique personality traits that can make him effortlessly comic as well. This remake wouldn't be anywhere near as funny.

Reactions: Eisen

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
No - Dinklage is a fine actor but he lacks the inherently comic appearance and demeanor of DeVito. And Momoa lacks Ah-nold's unique personality traits that can make him effortlessly comic as well. This remake wouldn't be anywhere near as funny.

I'd also add that Peter Dinklage is somewhat choosy about his roles, and I'm guessing would have issue with a role where his size is played up for a joke as being "genetic garbage" as the original stated it.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I'd also add that Peter Dinklage is somewhat choosy about his roles, and I'm guessing would have issue with a role where his size is played up for a joke as being "genetic garbage" as the original stated it.
You've really just put down Danny Devito with that comment :laugh: Since he took the role in the original.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
You've really just put down Danny Devito with that comment :laugh: Since he took the role in the original.

Well I didn't. It's how it's phrased in the movie.

Danny Devito felt comfortable making himself the butt of the joke, which is perfectly fine. I just know that I've heard that Dinklage has a very different outlook. I have no issues with the decision my either actor.

Reactions: Eisen

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
The potential for another forgettable & unnecessary re-make..
Sounds perfect for contemporary Hollywood.

Reactions: NyQuil

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Well I didn't. It's how it's phrased in the movie.

Danny Devito felt comfortable making himself the butt of the joke, which is perfectly fine. I just know that I've heard that Dinklage has a very different outlook. I have no issues with the decision my either actor.
I can see in that particular vein you've got something in common with Dinklage :sarcasm:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I just don't care for Momoa as an actor.

Generally speaking enough with the remakes already, actually write something original.

The only two remakes I'd want to see are Moonlighting which could be interesting if done right, and Airwolf as an updated story.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad