Would you like to see your favorite Swedish team in the KHL?

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
Perhaps you have seen the article and poll on aftonbladet.se where 37% are positive to include a Swedish team in the KHL. Here it is: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/sverige/allsvenskan/malmo/article18028072.ab

Now, some people might think 37% is a surprisingly high number. What if we change the poll question a little bit, to make it more interesting?

You are ONLY allowed to vote if you're a fan of a Swedish team, otherwise this poll will be flawed.

So, Swedish fans. Do you want to see your favorite Swedish team in the KHL?

This will not be a thread where we discuss the Expansion of the KHL, for that we have the KHL section. But you can perhaps, if you want to, post your reason why you vote yes/no.

Last edited:

Jonnieboy15

Nov 8, 2013
Stockholm
Depends on in what form. If they put for example Frölunda, Djurgården and Färjestad in the KHL and create a northern european division, with german, finnish, danish and maybe norwegian/polish teams in it then yes. I think it would be fun both travel and hockey-wise to go see Frölunda play Eisbären Berlin or Jokerit!

If they only put one team in and only play russian teams, then no.

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
If you want realistic feedback a swedish forum would be better, this is basically a forum for us few nhl fans. And most swedish hockeyfans only follow swedish hockey. Try flashback.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If you want realistic feedback a swedish forum would be better, this is basically a forum for us few nhl fans. And most swedish hockeyfans only follow swedish hockey. Try flashback.

One doesn't have to preclude the other.

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm

Yes, I tried there as well. We'll see what happens.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Transfer at least half of SHL with Malmö, create a nordic/scandinavian division, I'd be okay with it. I have 0 interest in watching my team play against 90% of the current KHL teams and would never attend a game against any other russian team than CSKA or so.

PuckOut

Feb 23, 2009
www.youtube.com
Never ever. Ever.

Would never attend a game again if something like that happened. And they would have to move the club out from my dead cold hands before that.

Don't care for KHL, don't care about any of their clubs, don't care about any of their fans. Would rather see DIF-Huddinge in division 1 than DIF-SKA or whatever in the KHL. Winning the Gagarin Cup would mean nothing.

:shakehead

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Would be interesting to see AIK in the KHL, but I don't have a very strong opinion either way. I think both leagues can do well with or without each other.

Enbom

Dec 22, 2013
Göteborg, Sweden
Would be interesting to see AIK in the KHL, but I don't have a very strong opinion either way. I think both leagues can do well with or without each other.
AIK can't even fill half of their old generation arena. Why should they even have the thoughts of going there?

And I really hope we can manage to lit up our pretty unambitious and anti-developing league to something better instead of having good Swedish teams going to the world's most heartless league.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
No.

There would have to be a bigger Swedish participation before I even consider it.

Edit:
Poll on flashback right now
Yes - 12%
No - 88%

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
AIK can't even fill half of their old generation arena. Why should they even have the thoughts of going there?

They are not exactly a team of the culture that would win that many, new undecided fans either. And they would certainly not win over a single fan from another team in the same area...

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
With freedom to make up the terms, yes. Basically I want an European leauge my KHL vote is more a statement of that rather than pro KHL.

Thesensation19*

The way I see it is that the Swedish League has pretty much hit its peak. It has some NHL caliber players, it has ex-NHL players and some big names. However the attendances are decreasing.

The best Swedish players are going where the best competition and the most money is. NHL and KHL.

So why not forget the idea that the Swedish League will always be a Swedish League and have the Swedish teams join the KHLs plans for European Expansion and become a Nordic Division with Finnish and Norwegian teams.

More rivalries will be born with neighboring countries while keeping the old domestic rivalries. Since the KHL has proven its growth is of strong value with improved sponsorship and media coverage then you can bring in better players and potentially keep some young talented Swedish players.

With more money and a stronger league, there will be less of a reason for more and more Swedish players leaving home to play abroad.

KHL is planning this and it shows much promise.
You can have the Nordic Division, East Russia Division, West Russia Division, Adriatic Division, Western Europe Division and Central Europe Division. I dont know. They say they want 52 teams and that would be sick.

Sweden can still keep its Swedish Domestic League and use it as a Developmental league or farm system.

You can set roster rules too.
1) Have at least 3 players in your entire 1st team must be born in your team's country
2) At least 12 players must be a citizen of your country
3) At least 18 players have to be part of any European country
4) Leaves room for foreign players that could make a difference on the scoreboard and in the stands like American and Asian players.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
Sweden can still keep its Swedish Domestic League and use it as a Developmental league or farm system.

It's ideas like these that makes us roll our eyes. You either have no sense of reality, or you are just 100% oblivious as to how it works in Sweden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad