OT: Would you like to see the NBA back in Vancouver?

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Let's say that they price the tickets at half of what the Canucks cost you - except for court-side tickets.

We get a GM who actually understands what the **** he's doing, unlike last time.

Unlike the CFL, or the MLS, it's the best league for its sport.

Would you go? Would you be a casual/bandwagon fan? Or would you not care at all?

Betamax*

Let's say that they price the tickets at half of what the Canucks cost you - except for court-side tickets.

We get a GM who actually understands what the **** he's doing, unlike last time.

Unlike the CFL, or the MLS, it's the best league for its sport.

Would you go? Would you be a casual/bandwagon fan? Or would you not care at all?

To be honest ..... NO.

It would take coverage and attention away from the Canucks, and also potentially make the arena ice be in less than optimal conditions when they have those quick turnarounds switching from court to ice and vice versa.

I would, however, like to see the Seattle Supersonics coming back to the Pacific Northwest and would follow them in essence like a "local" team.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
There should a who cares option.

I have no opinion one way or another as long as it didn't interfere with broadcasts of Canucks games.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Will never watch another NBA game as long as I live.
I fully supported Grizzlies, after the NBA had foisted a moron on the team for GM.
Then the carpet-baggers moved them to a city where they drew fewer fans.
NBA sucks, I always change the channel even when highlights come up.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Back?
When did Vancouver have an NBA team? :sarcasm:

I say no.
I like basketball but don't much care for the NBA. It is a circus full of hotheads for the most part.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Really, the response is that negative? The NBA has admitted they ****ed up big time here. The NBA is actually super ****ing entertaining. You see great plays up and down the court. It fully relies on grabbing one of the league's top 15-20 players, though - like a Steph Curry, or a LeBron James. Hell, even a Derozan Ross combo :P

IDK, I always thought playoff basketball was great. It'd be like the Leafs with the Raptors. The Raptors get TSN2, while the Leafs play TSN (same idea w sportsnet)

I love watching NBA games, but I guess this fanbase isn't ready after what went wrong last time.

KDizzle

Aug 25, 2005
Bay Area
The NBA is a gong show.
I couldn't care less.

I follow the Raptors casually and can get behind them if they're winning, but I don't devote too much time to it.

I'll watch the Finals and that's pretty much it.
Shame because I was a huge Grizzlies fan back in the day.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I would love it. Vancouver as a whole is a pretty big Basketball city, but not necessarily an NBA city because of what happened with the Grizzlies.

Stern is going to be gone after this year, and I hope Vancouver is given another shot.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
I don't really care about the NBA, but it'd be cool to have another team representing Vancouver. I guess?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
nhl officiating drives me nuts, i can't imagine how irrationally mad id get watching an nba team that i care about

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Nah, although it'd be nice for the Canucks to have to deal with that much less media scrutiny

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
**** no.

Was at the airport the other day and I saw them selling a Vancouver Grizzlies jacket and I was thinking, **** the NBA for screwing us over with moving the franchise and gifting us Stu Jackson.

Sleeper

Aug 10, 2007
Yes. Vancouver could support an NBA team now. It's unfortunate that we received an NBA franchise at a time when the city really didn't deserve or need it. If the NBA had waited about 10 years before expanding to Vancouver I think it would've been a great success.

Unless you're a hardcore Grizz fan who still hasn't forgiven the NBA, why the heck would you vote no? What's it to you? What harm could having an NBA team do? How could giving people more options and raising the profile of Vancouver as a sports city be a bad thing? I understand the people who are still angry at the NBA over the Grizz, but the rest of you voting no, wtf. It'd affect ice quality or take attention away from the Canucks? lmao gimme a break.

And the thing is, David Stern has already admitted fault for messing up here. If the NBA was willing to come back to this market, I'd consider that a de facto apology for the fiasco that was the Grizzlies, and I'd be willing to forgive and forget.

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
It's bad enough the Canucks are playing this poorly and have so many core players sucking on long term deals. Why would any Vancouver fan decide that right now is good time to think about being crapped on all over again by the NBA?

There is no league I hate more than the NBA. It's a stupid game managed and played by the least cultured and biggest jerks on the planet. I can not think of another sport whose athletes and managers I dislike more and respect less. In fact it's not even close. No other league draws my ire like the NBA does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad